Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

The Shoe

One Too Many
That hat can not get enough head time, IMO. Silver and purple go together like peanut butter and jelly.
The silver and purple is beyond question. The American obsession with peanut butter and jelly, however, I’ve never understood. I’ll take the risk of being ostracized by the American members of the group to tell you I’ve started having my (unsweetened) peanut butter with black pepper and onion powder. I’m not aware of anyone else that does such a thing, but I do recommend it!

OSawPIr.jpg
zTHFyON.jpg
WbHQD4l.jpg
vTl65rP.jpg

I bought this a couple of years ago from Steve @mayserwegener. Mid to early 1950's Mayser Milz Cie, Carlton Samich Extra. One of the finer hats in my collection.
Great looking hat Rick

On the Tenth Day of StingyMas...

Knox Flying Clouds...

View attachment 293929 View attachment 293932

The somewhat light weight Knox Flying Cloud feature super cool liner art displaying the sailing ship The Flying Cloud.

Both hats have 1 3/4 brims and about 4 3/4 crowns as shaped

This grey was likely mid to late 1960s with an $18.50 price tags and a Knox Custom Cavanagh edge. Weighed in at 102g. I put this hat on par with my Dobbs Four Season which also retailed at the same price with a Guild edge.

The brown one I believe is probably slightly later as it no longer includes the upgraded edge. This one weighs in at 106g

View attachment 293934 View attachment 293933 View attachment 293935 View attachment 293931
View attachment 293930

Dang, Joe! Some real cumulus stuff going on there! Nice!!!!

But I thought Flying Cloud Hats were made HERE...
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Flying-Cloud-Hats/703243629781433

Modern Stratoliner for some pre-Christmas leaf herding duties today. View attachment 293844 View attachment 293846

Better than nerf herding. Nice Strat.

Alan, that hat, like Mary Poppins is practically perfect in every way, except for the size.

One of my favorite things about this hobby is the collection of locations these hats were sold from. I have a Paducah and a Walla-Walla. Thermopolis is such a great name, now I want one.

Giving the stingys a rest today. Art Fawcetts VS first crossover ever made. Also my most non-Indiana Jones, Indiana Jones hat I have. Wrong colour, shape, crown, brim. But I get more “Hay Indy” comments with this hat then my Adventurebilt Indiana Jones hat (he made them for the 4th movie)
View attachment 293917
View attachment 293916
My best Harry Anderson look I can muster.
View attachment 293918
Stay safe everyone
Johnny

Not a bad Harry the Hat!

OSawPIr.jpg
zTHFyON.jpg
WbHQD4l.jpg
vTl65rP.jpg

I bought this a couple of years ago from Steve @mayserwegener. Mid to early 1950's Mayser Milz Cie, Carlton Samich Extra. One of the finer hats in my collection.

Wow.

It's hard to keep up with all the wonderful hats that keep being posted. Not to mention daring to post ones own lacklustre photos due to lack of, among other things, light here in Denmark. View attachment 293944 View attachment 293945
View attachment 293946
Anyway, here's yet another recent aquisition from @PanosChris.

More will be posted in the Borsalino Brotherhood thread.
Such a beautiful hat, Steve, that it shines it’s own light!
Now, just hold a whiteboard in front of you...

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
I hope you saw my new black hat around the shop somewhere!

Actually, this was yesterday's hat wearing. Took a day off of Stingymas to visit Mike Miller at NW Hats. Had a great BS Session about hats and such. Wore my new gray overcoat that Santa let me buy from my Haberdasher in Albany. Since I was going to see Mike, I wore the famous "Olcott" 1912 homburg. Love this hat, it does not get the outings it deserves. I might have fell in love with a fluffy aubergine rabbit...a 1920 style homburg in the works. I thought I remembered a children's story about the "Aubergine Rabbit", Googled it, and was a little embarrassed...

View attachment 293777 View attachment 293778 View attachment 293779

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Michael. There may have been one; the Italians have a habit of getting rid of their leaders rather quickly: keeps them on their toes;)

It does work very well with the brim up. A firm number one!

You're not grasping at straws now to get to twelve I hope, Joe?:D These stingies work very well for you. looking forward the next days!

A furry little Botta, stingy and green?
To believe that, it just has to be seen!

Great pics, Johnny. And cool hat.

Very nice!
:D
Your rhyme made me smile, so I typed a green rictus
(and hoped, all the while, that the mods don't evict us... )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy