Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey all!
At 2 inches even, the brim of this 1960-ish Cavanagh just qualfies as stingy.

20201222_165156.jpg 20201222_165143.jpg 20201222_165130.jpg

Apparently, stingies two days in a row turns my selfie grimace into a serial killer stare...

Have a great day!

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Haven't had the German velour back bow out lately
IMG_0024 (1) by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_0023 (1) by Michael A2012, on Flickr
And a bit earlier in the morning with a heavier coat
IMG_0003 crop - Copy by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I think some last minute grocery shopping might make the agenda today.
IMG_0027 (1) by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a good day,
Michael
Great hat, Michael. I like that wide contrasting ribbon. Is that a Harris Tweed DB suit? Very cool.

Dlaniger

It's hard to keep up with all the wonderful hats that keep being posted. Not to mention daring to post ones own lacklustre photos due to lack of, among other things, light here in Denmark. View attachment 293944 View attachment 293945
View attachment 293946
Anyway, here's yet another recent aquisition from @PanosChris.

More will be posted in the Borsalino Brotherhood thread.
It's hard to keep up with all the wonderful hats that keep being posted. Not to mention daring to post ones own lacklustre photos due to lack of, among other things, light here in Denmark. View attachment 293944 View attachment 293945
View attachment 293946

Steve, your Italian-made Peluche sold in Detroit and now residing in Denmark looks fantastic. The perfect hat for those cold dark winter days. Panos came through with that baby.

Dlaniger

I have been wearing it for a few days now. Still feels odd to me. A little costum-ie a little Blues Brothers. I am not sure if I can really embrace a hat I don’t find overly practical. I still prefer the wider brims of my fedoras and Akubras.
View attachment 293718
Annabelle (my youngest) and I went for a little nature jaunt to see if we could locate the Giant North American Vampire Woodpecker
View attachment 293721
we didn’t see it but we sure heard it. :eek:
View attachment 293720
stay safe everyone
Johnny
Johnny, you can wear those stingy brims.
That little number looks good on you. Think of them as caps with 360-degree brims. They give you that mid-20th-century cool metro look.

Dlaniger

Dlaniger

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Michael. There may have been one; the Italians have a habit of getting rid of their leaders rather quickly: keeps them on their toes;)

It does work very well with the brim up. A firm number one!
it seems happy with the brim up and happy hat, happy head.

Nice color combo
Thanks Joe

Perfect outfit, Mike. That Olcott was a succes and deserves some head-time. If the aubergine hat gets any fluffier it wil greet you at the door! Looking forward to your new project.

Velour and green ribbon; it doesn't get any more seasonal than that, Michael.
Thanks Stefan. I love that ribbon color with the black velour.

View attachment 293946

Very nice, Steve. Matches the grey weather very well.

Great hat, Michael. I like that wide contrasting ribbon. Is that a Harris Tweed DB suit? Very cool.
Thanks Reggie. I think that ribbon is one of the best I have. The suit is a nice heavy tweed, but not Harris. The brand is Milano Trajes and for some reason I had it in my brain that it was made in Chile, but I don't find any origin labeling on it now. The size tag is metric, so maybe it's Italian.

That's a mean Borsalino Micheal. The hat has whippet-like lines. Idorsca? Maybe we should call it the Italian Greyhound. It definitely looks cool with the brim up. Great hat.
Thanks Reggie. At 2 3/4" the brim is a bit wide for a Whippet, perhaps, but it does have some fine lines.

Thanks all,
Michael

Michael A

I'll Lock Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy