Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Happy Christmas Eve-eve everyone!
Late 40s/or very early 50s John Cavanagh. Makes my day happy, for sure! View attachment 294283 View attachment 294281 View attachment 294282
Great hats today, everybody!
Always a bit odd to see a Cavanagh without the famous edge, but a lovely hat nonetheless, Randall.

A superb trio of Borsalinos, Stefan. Winners one and all in their own right.
Thanks, Steve. Indeed very different ones this time.

Rumad

One Too Many
On the Eleventh Day of StingyMas...

View attachment 294232 View attachment 294233

Borsalino Marque Grand Luxe XXXXX
Ghiaccio (Ice/Sand) Supershort Velour like felt
4 3/4 crown as shaped (5 inch open)
1 1/2 black grosgrain ribbon
1 7/8 raw edge brim

Just in time to join in the StingyMas fun! This beautiful stingy brim Borsalino came off a tip from @deadlyhandsome. The thin lightweight felt is a super soft almost velour like felt with an extremely short nap. The color is Ghiaccio.... Ice grey with sand undertones. The ribbon color name I couldn’t make out exactly but appeared to be D. Marine.. though appears to be black. A black yellow and red feather is tucked behind. The brim comes in at just a hair under 1 7/8 with a nice sharp raw edge. The manufacturing tag points to early to mid 1960s. The only damage appears to be a circular groove in the brim.. possibly from over aggressive cleaning and a couple of tiny tiny moth nibbles under the brim. It weighs in a fit trim 94g.

View attachment 294234 View attachment 294235 View attachment 294236 View attachment 294237 View attachment 294239 View attachment 294240 View attachment 294238 View attachment 294241

Merry StingyMas
I really like this one Joe, and the brim up suits both the hat and you.

The Shoe

One Too Many
Took a wander around my local environs last night in my Resistol. I like it a lot, but it doesn’t get much wear...my wife says it looks good on me, but she’s still reluctant to be seen with me when I wear it!
EA0FDB78-D2FC-4CDD-ABC7-7C958E78E8C3.jpeg

Last edited:

1967Cougar390

Practically Family
Giving the stingys a rest today. Art Fawcetts VS first crossover ever made. Also my most non-Indiana Jones, Indiana Jones hat I have. Wrong colour, shape, crown, brim. But I get more “Hay Indy” comments with this hat then my Adventurebilt Indiana Jones hat (he made them for the 4th movie)
View attachment 293917
View attachment 293916
My best Harry Anderson look I can muster.
View attachment 293918
Stay safe everyone
Johnny

Johnny,That’s a great looking hat. I had my first “Indiana Jones” compliment two days ago. It came from an elderly lady while my son and I ate breakfast at IHOP. I thanked her and she replied, not many men can wear a hat like that, but you do it nicely. :)

Have a Merry Christmas and stay safe.

Steven

1967Cougar390

Practically Family
Dog soirée while wearing a Stetson Avenue. This is a special hat with the quality of felt and appointments. I can not imagine the designer had a dog walk through the cool Minnesota woods as consumer use.

E1E87363-A2BF-452D-BCC0-B0698BE08D9C-M.jpg

DSC04859-M.jpg

DSC04860-M.jpg

Home and filling bird-feeders and moving the ashes out of the fire pit. I am wearing a Stetson 7X Clear Beaver Quality fedora. This hat is stiff. I always think of the James Bond villan Oddjob when I put the hat on. I have thought of trying to take some of the stiffness out as I would wear the hat more frequently.

13D79E9A-5FA3-45E9-80A9-7A4073A5E4DB-M.jpg

DSC04870-M.jpg

DSC04867-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Eric, you and Alan have some of the most beautiful hats I’ve seen. I always enjoy your pictures and hats.

Merry Christmas and be safe.

Steven

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails