Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

quikrick

One Too Many
View attachment 305689
My grandfather and his brother-in-law built the church behind me back in the 50s. I wore this Dobbs, which was also built back in the 50s, to bury my Aunt in the graveyard out back today. I saw half a dozen or more recent graves while I was there. The covid has been rough here.
Hey Dale, I hit the like button because that’s a cool hat and love the roots you have with the church. Sorry about your aunt though.

Last edited:
Saturday before the storm. A Cold but beautiful day. This is a 2019 whimsical purchase. Please don't ask me why. A little loud, a little gaudy, moderately over the top. Some may call it funky. It came as an open crown. I bashed it, steamed it, and stuck it in the box, and forgot about it until last week while I was rummaging through the stacks, and it resurfaced. Certainly not an everyday hat. It still had the tag on it, LOL!
View attachment 305643
View attachment 305644
View attachment 305645 View attachment 305659
After today back in the box till who knows when. Have a great weekend.
Wow what a ribbon! Cool hat Reggie

Sorry for you and your family's loss Dale. Condolences...
Thank you Bob.

Thanks @dh66. Really enjoying the Campdrafts. Sorry to hear about your Aunt. I will be glad when this Covid is behind us.
Thanks Ernest T. I'll be glad, too. It's been a mess.

Hey Dale, I hit the like button because that’s a cool hat and love roots you have with the church. Sorry about your aunt though.
Thank Rick. And Thanks.

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
View attachment 305689
My grandfather and his brother-in-law built the church behind me back in the 50s. I wore this Dobbs, which was also built back in the 50s, to bury my Aunt in the graveyard out back today. I saw half a dozen or more recent graves while I was there. The covid has been rough here.
Mixed emotions I'm sure, Dale, at the church today as you remember your kin. May peace find you during these trying times.

View attachment 305689
I’m sorry for your loss Dale. A lot of history in that church for you. Stay safe.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
One beautiful building, a great hat, and wonderful scarf.
Condolences for your loss, Dale.
We all have to do our part to fight this thing. Denial is not an option.

View attachment 305689

71E7A124-8508-41B5-8891-B7EAF1B87520.jpeg

Adam Hats - De Luxe Quality
Carlyle - Taupe
4 1/2 crown as shaped
2 inch light copper grosgrain ribbon
2 1/8 brim with underwelt

Hat 6 of the Mystery Box 9 reveals one that is definitely a bit too big for me. A 7 3/8 Adam Hats De Luxe Quality. The label indicates either the model or color as Carlyle... it is a light taupe color. The 2 inch grosgrain ribbon is light copper in color. The brim measures 2 1/8 and is finished with a raised underwelt and two rows of stitching that creates a sort of “poor man’s” Cavanagh edge look on the top of the brim. A very cool looking hat.

C3D66CCA-EFD1-4B94-9935-EE653D6F021A.jpeg
8380F2FC-6A78-4B07-BD19-6CDFD7694D79.jpeg
F5A65924-5364-43BF-A9EA-0E624A6B22D1.jpeg
B76097FE-F88C-47DA-B90F-CBC72C50BD0B.jpeg

BD0B9CEA-6AFD-45FB-9046-BFF00E2BBBDE.jpeg

Last edited:

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Wonderful shape, colour, wide ribbon, and nice bow, Joe. Sad it's not your size nor mine.

View attachment 305714
Adam Hats - De Luxe Quality
Carlyle - Taupe
4 1/2 crown as shaped
2 inch light copper grosgrain ribbon
2 1/8 brim with underwelt

Hat 5 of the Mystery Box 9 reveals one that is definitely a bit too big for me. A 7 3/8 Adam Hats De Luxe Quality. The label indicates either the model or color as Carlyle... it is a light taupe color. The 2 inch grosgrain ribbon is light copper in color. The brim measures 2 1/8 and is finished with a raised underwelt and two rows of stitching that creates a sort of “poor man’s” Cavanagh edge look on the top of the brim. A very cool looking hat.

View attachment 305715 View attachment 305716 View attachment 305717 View attachment 305718

View attachment 305719

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I like it, Reggie! You wear it well.
Thanks, Bob! I liked your follow picks on Michael's Stetson US National Park Service hat. Pretty cool!

I wouldn't leave it in the box too long, Reggie. It's not classic Borsalino, but funky it sure is. Love the ribbon. I can see why you were tempted to buy it. Nice bash. You wear it well too, sir.
Thanks, Steve. I'll try and pull it out at least one more time this winter. With all of the lockdown and COVID sheltering, It's hard to pop that baby on and just run to the grocery store. A hat like that needs something else to do.

Looks great Reggie! I’ve come to the point in my life where loud, gaudy & over the top are pure fun! Enjoy the hat and the funkadelic vibe that it brings.
You've got it, Rick! I'll just let the feeling flow. Thanks.

Tha

that is a fantastic hat! I would have made it a funky pork pie but that’s just me. A little green with jealously here man. :D
Wear it in good health man.
Johnny
PS I would personally use it as a spring summer hat depending how hot it gets.
You Know, Johnny, a pork pie would be slick. Good Idea. If you really want one let me know; the hat shop guy still has a few left in medium gray, black, and this color blue.

Get noticed with that red and blue, Reggie. Very unique!
Thanks, Randy. I'm glad you liked it. When I walked out of the door this morning, my wife rolled her eyes and started laughing.

And you pull it off remarkably well, Reggie, I like it!
Thank You. It has turned out to be a fun hat.
Wow, what a ribbon! Cool hat Reggie
Thanks, Joe!

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
I really like this one Michael. I was gifted an early '70s version by a friend, but it doesn't fit so it is part of the decor here at the farm.

buck-jpg.247522

I ran across what was claimed to be a 1960 re-creased version at an antique store. If anyone is interested I can point you to the shop. I bought a hat from this booth last year and they did take a lower offer.

View attachment 305652

View attachment 305653

View attachment 305656

View attachment 305657
Thanks Bob. I don't get it out often enough. That buck looks like he could handle a couple of more hats. The one on offer at the antique store looks good.

Saturday before the storm. A Cold but beautiful day. This is a 2019 whimsical purchase. Please don't ask me why. A little loud, a little gaudy, moderately over the top. Some may call it funky. It came as an open crown. I bashed it, steamed it, and stuck it in the box, and forgot about it until last week while I was rummaging through the stacks, and it resurfaced. Certainly not an everyday hat. It still had the tag on it, LOL!
View attachment 305643
View attachment 305644
View attachment 305645 View attachment 305659
After today back in the box till who knows when. Have a great weekend.
I like it Reggie. Will make a great spring hat.

You know I have always dug that Knox and suit, Michael! Perfect winter fashion wear.
Thanks Reggie. Winter needs to go on long enough for me to get a couple of more wearings on that this winter.

Thanks,
Michael

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 305689
My condolences to you and your family, Dale. Let's hope there are better times ahead.

Michael

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner