Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Always liked that Gannon, Jim. It is a classy eye-catcher. I'd be hesitant to wear one in the elements, but you and Eric are testimony that they can take the storm.

Thanks, Reggie. It's a great hat, but doesn't get worn enough. IT sometimes seems a little dressy for my grubby little self.

Wonderful hat Jim

Thanks, Blare. That's a very nice Mallory you have there. When I saw the I was mentally rummaging through some of my trade bait for you until I saw it fits you nicely. That Mallory embossment (as opposed to debossment) may indicate it's from the earlier period following the Stetson purchase.

quikrick

One Too Many
5c7o0zU.jpg
tfcYS61.jpg

This was yesterday, Sunday. Some of the restaurants are starting to open up here. Me and Mrs. quik finally got out for a bite and some fun hanging out. The hat is a Resistol 10X refurbished by David Gibson.

Thanks, Blare. That's a very nice Mallory you have there. When I saw the I was mentally rummaging through some of my trade bait for you until I saw it fits you nicely. That Mallory embossment (as opposed to debossment) may indicate it's from the earlier period following the Stetson purchase.
Thanks Jim.. if it where true to size it would be a great hat for you. I do believe though the logo is debossed. (If I have my terminology understanding correct. Embossing would be pressed from the face leading indentation and debossing pressed from the back protruding from the face... am I correct) The logo lettering does cave into the leather instead of raising up. Photos may make it hard to tell. I’m not sure what all dating clues there are on Mallory. I believe Brent said that the 1817 liner crest (as opposed to 1823) indicated post 1946 buy out. For what it’s worth it gives a mid 50s vibe to me.

Thanks Jim.. if it where true to size it would be a great hat for you. I do believe though the logo is debossed. (If I have my terminology understanding correct. Embossing would be pressed from the face leading indentation and debossing pressed from the back protruding from the face... am I correct) The logo lettering does cave into the leather instead of raising up. Photos may make it hard to tell. I’m not sure what all dating clues there are on Mallory. I believe Brent said that the 1817 liner crest (as opposed to 1823) indicated post 1946 buy out. For what it’s worth it gives a mid 50s vibe to me.

[EDMCMAHONVOICE]You are correct, sir![/EDMCMAHONVOICE]. I was the apparent victim of an optical illusion, or bad eyesight, or lack of morning coffee, or...

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Monday dedicated to Borsalino "lobbia2 and so it will be for the first week of February.
BorsaCeilon 7 bis.jpg

Borsalino Qualità Extra Extra Superiore size 6 so it becomes a 59cm EU size or a 7 3/8 in the US.
BorsaCeilon 2.jpg

The paper label tells of a hardly seen color "Ceilon" and a type of hat "Gulaela" that is most widely available on the market.
BorsaCeilon 1.jpg
This Borsalino was most likely made in the 1950s.
BorsaCeilon 5.jpg

Its shape is one of those I prefer in the "lobbie" built by Borsalino as well as the contrasting combination of the ribbon and the ribbon of the brim, very malleable was made for the Italian market.
BorsaCeilon 4.jpg

Thank you for your appreciation on the Borsalino lobbie shown last week.
A compliment to all of you for the continuous cascade of great quality hats shown.

[EDMCMAHONVOICE]You are correct, sir![/EDMCMAHONVOICE]. I was the apparent victim of an optical illusion, or bad eyesight, or lack of morning coffee, or...
Ha.. love a good Ed McMahon impression/response. The Photos are definitely like one of those optical illusion puzzles where it flips back and forth. Had to run my finger nail across it to make sure.

Monday dedicated to Borsalino "lobbia2 and so it will be for the first week of February.
View attachment 306205
Borsalino Qualità Extra Extra Superiore size 6 so it becomes a 59cm EU size or a 7 3/8 in the US.
View attachment 306206
The paper label tells of a hardly seen color "Ceilon" and a type of hat "Gulaela" that is most widely available on the market.
View attachment 306207 This Borsalino was most likely made in the 1950s.
View attachment 306208
Its shape is one of those I prefer in the "lobbie" built by Borsalino as well as the contrasting combination of the ribbon and the ribbon of the brim, very malleable was made for the Italian market.
View attachment 306209
Thank you for your appreciation on the Borsalino lobbie shown last week.
A compliment to all of you for the continuous cascade of great quality hats shown.
Wow.. striking!

5c7o0zU.jpg
tfcYS61.jpg

This was yesterday, Sunday. Some of the restaurants are starting to open up here. Me and Mrs. quik finally got out for a bite and some fun hanging out. The hat is a Resistol 10X refurbished by David Gibson.
Love the hat. Great turquoise jewelry, too.

Thats a nice one @hatophile. I really like the way you shape them. Cool sweater too!
Thanks ET!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner