Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

8C50805E-EA8B-4A76-B259-BE357F772EE8.jpeg
VS

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
This Borsalino "Qualità Speciale" came from an exchange with Stefan.
Sider Apertura.jpg

The hat had taken too much sun and instead of tanning, the ribbon, mostly was discolored.
Sider 7 bis.jpg

Fleur of Penumbra hats came up with a couple of solutions, but the best was to find a ribbon very similar to the original and replicate.
Sider part 1.jpg

The result was truly remarkable, at least in my eyes.
Sider 4.jpg

The color of the felt is "Sider" and the ribbon is "Buio", the size is 7 therefore a 61 cm, but magic of the Borsalino sizes it is perfectly wearable
Sider 9.jpg

Have a nice day and thanks for your likes and comments

Last edited:
This Borsalino came from an exchange with Stefan.
View attachment 310760
The hat had taken too much sun and instead of tanning, the ribbon, mostly was discolored.
View attachment 310761
Fleur of Penumbra hats came up with a couple of solutions, but the best was to find a ribbon very similar to the original and replicate.
View attachment 310762
View attachment 310763
The color of the felt is "Sider" and the ribbon is "Ombra", the size is 7 therefore a 61 cm, but magic of the Borsalino sizes it is perfectly wearable
View attachment 310765
Great colors, Daniele.

This Borsalino came from an exchange with Stefan.
View attachment 310760
View attachment 310761
View attachment 310762
View attachment 310763
The color of the felt is "Sider" and the ribbon is "Ombra", the size is 7 therefore a 61 cm, but magic of the Borsalino sizes it is perfectly wearable
View attachment 310765
Beautiful color combination

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
I've always admired the look of VS hats. I know you guys who are lucky enough to own one speak highly of the hatmanship. That's a real nice looker, Perry.

Thanks Steve. Yes, it's a very nice sueded type felt. Art did a great job on it, it's a facsimile of a real old Stetson Alan Friedman has.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
That ribbon adds a nice big splash of color and really makes a statement. Looks like it would be good for either formal or informal wear.

This Borsalino "Qualità Speciale" came from an exchange with Stefan.
View attachment 310760
View attachment 310761
View attachment 310762
View attachment 310763
The color of the felt is "Sider" and the ribbon is "Buio", the size is 7 therefore a 61 cm, but magic of the Borsalino sizes it is perfectly wearable
View attachment 310765

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful color combination
Thanks Joe. Your collection of hats of many varieties grows out of all proportion, always showing fantastic and unusual pieces. Bravo!
Great colors, Daniele.
Perry thanks! I think I repeat myself when I say you have a collection of classics out of time.

That ribbon adds a nice big splash of color and really makes a statement. Looks like it would be good for either formal or informal wear.
Grazie Randy, the colors are Borsalino invention, Fleur was able to find the right ribbon to match the original color and did a fantastic bow.

RAH

New in Town
I picked up this green velour P&C Habig tyrolean hat yesterday at a thrift store for $1.99. It's from 1968 and made for the Hotel Intercontinental in Vienna. The hotel would have been four years old then.

I have some questions, knowing next to nothing about how to re-bash and take care of velour hats. Can and do you steam them to reshape them just like a fedora or cowboy hat? Can you iron the brim (low setting with a towel of some sort)? Where can a new cord be purchased? Mine is discolored. This is especially noticeable where the brim was turned up in the back. Does this style hat have a name? And, can one wear one when it's not Octoberfest season? All answers appreciated!

Attachments

• P_&_C_Habig_Wien__Vienna_tyrolean_hat-003.jpg
    P_&_C_Habig_Wien__Vienna_tyrolean_hat-003.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 151
  • P_&_C_Habig_Wien__Vienna_tyrolean_hat-009.jpg
    P_&_C_Habig_Wien__Vienna_tyrolean_hat-009.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 139
  • P_&_C_Habig_Wien__Vienna_tyrolean_hat-007.jpg
    P_&_C_Habig_Wien__Vienna_tyrolean_hat-007.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 154
  • P_&_C_Habig_Wien__Vienna_tyrolean_hat-008.jpg
    P_&_C_Habig_Wien__Vienna_tyrolean_hat-008.jpg