Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Good weather in Italy and pandemic restrictions
Barbisio Umbria apertura.jpg

Today I decided to give this Barbisio a chance to see the almond trees in bloom.
Barbisio Umbria 5 bis.jpg

The temperature is good during the day and a bit cold at night, but this is spring in northern Italy.
Barbisio Umbria 6.jpg

Barbisio Titan, size 59 cm, the color of the felt is "Umbria", medium weight with a very malleable felt and a very profiled and elegant line.
Barbisio Umbria 2 bis.jpg

Arrived new from the UK, brought there by an Italian who inherited it, it was used as a window display in the family shop
Barbisio Umbria 8 bis.jpg

It was a lucky purchase along with its companion in green, already shown on this thread.
Have a nice day!

Genester

New in Town
Thank you. Most of my hats either have, or are given by me, a diamond crease and a fairly narrow front pinch. Of course, some hats are denser/lighter/thicker/thinner than others, but they all eventually succumb to the shape I want. The older ones do achieve the look better than most of the newer ones, due to a combination of their age, weight, and the quality of the material.

I have a couple of older ones (i.e. - 1939 Game Bird, 1930s Collins & Fairbanks) that don't keep their shape, no matter what. I can change the dimensions by hand with no steam or water and then pray for no strong winds to change them again. They were designed that way.

I use either steam or water from a spray bottle. If I use the sprayer I do it at night so it can be wearable in the morning.

I don't pick my hats up by the crease, as it mutates them over time. I use the brim.

Good to know! I'm a huge fan of well defined creases and the character on a more pliable felt. I suppose I also haven't owned most of my hats long enough to see how they age and break in over time. Curious how they'll behave another 5-10 years down the road!

PanosChris

Practically Family
Good weather in Italy and pandemic restrictions
View attachment 317023
Today I decided to give this Barbisio a chance to see the almond trees in bloom.
View attachment 317025
The temperature is good during the day and a bit cold at night, but this is spring in northern Italy.
View attachment 317026
Barbisio Titan, size 59 cm, the color of the felt is "Umbria", medium weight with a very malleable felt and a very profiled and elegant line.
View attachment 317027
Arrived new from the UK, brought there by an Italian who inherited it, it was used as a window display in the family shop
View attachment 317028
It was a lucky purchase along with its companion in green, already shown on this thread.
Have a nice day!
Trully excellent Daniele! The creasing matches the brim proportions nicely.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Ha, you got me! Rick I think everything is a derby these days! But, hey, it looks great as a derby, too!!! Yours looks very similar to my brown Resistol derby. It is very soft and could easily be creased as a homburg or trilby.

20201214_100633.jpg 20201214_100613.jpg 20201214_100714.jpg

Randy, I'm BUSTED! It's not a real bowler. It's an open crown fedora with brim binding and a tight brim curl, that's why I called it a Derby. Here's a shot of how I received it.
MfhMKjL.jpg

You should have saved that one for April 1st, Rick. :)

Italian/Borsalino Week - Day 7

557B1C09-559A-45B5-A131-5094A5F1F537.jpeg

Borsalino Caesar - Qualitia Speciale

Return today to another ‘Coffin box’ find. This Borsalino Caesar is also one of my grab and go hats I have always at the ready. One of those hats that can really go with anything.

With this being day 7, it might mean @steur Italian Week could come to a close... but in true Stefan fashion.... Italian/Borsalino will be extended! At least a couple day anyway... might even make to the weekend ;)

737F9DF5-5AFE-4066-A1B3-A8B83A147C58.jpeg
6905C95D-5058-419D-BAD6-5E6AD74E0AF5.jpeg
7B400208-C966-4DBB-A43A-5169B8BD6FFD.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner