Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Croydon Supreme Quality

60E885FE-848E-41CF-BB67-88E95BEC584E.jpeg
EAB621B6-C680-423E-A2A1-5A9D35EE3751.jpeg
68901843-E085-4863-BF2B-E6B7B990BFDA.jpeg
06814B67-2EA7-4571-A50A-E2FD08745555.jpeg
E2DE384E-7F9B-4A72-87F0-3A7A2B4F86CF.jpeg
BEA7E1AB-4F8A-493D-AA78-36733082742A.jpeg

Mighty44

One Too Many
Stetson Twenty—the first vintage hat I bought and the one which opened my eyes to the difference between old and new hats. It’s my neighborhood beater with a new sweat and a new Petersham ribbon — the only thing the milliner at JJs was able to find in this color — but I love it.
D8047AA1-8D19-4267-801D-7ADA03CA9550.jpeg
90453BB7-44F7-4F23-8EAE-2F19C6B648A2.jpeg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
An everyday quality western hat of exceptional quality... sold in the 1930s, treated gently over the years.

The excellence is in the details. Glorious interior. Thanks for sharing this hat Alan.

Karl Misik "KAMI" "Mode de Paris", Wool, possibly late 1930s early 1940s. This hat is from my May 2015 NOS Czech find.

51555438279_ed9f1db9fd_b.jpg

51555009163_ce1fb79351_b.jpg

51553984532_6c807de72f_b.jpg

51553991472_2a22c2f7cd_b.jpg

51555710895_357188e3c3_b.jpg

Karel Misík O. F. Hess Unified Factory, Karlin Czechoslovakia. The Karlin factory only lasted a couple years post WWII as a hat factory. Here is what the factory & villa looked like pre WWII and the buildings & villa somewhat recently.

Steve your Czech find was a phenomenal find.

Late 50s Stetson today.

Looking sharp Charlie.

Bee Hats. This is a Porkpie..ish, telescoping diamond bash stingy.
So my routine is during lunch I go over to the marina which is only about 1.5 miles from my office. I woof down a sandwich and either take a nap or take some pics.
Today I met an elderly man wearing a light gray Porkpie! We complimented each others hats and hung out for a few minutes. That was cool, made my day.

Excellent place to grab some lunch. Not often do we meet fellow hat fans. Sounds like a dynamite lunch.

Sorry for the repost. Wearing my 4X Resistol conversion again on this foggy morning here in the Central part of the Buckeye State. My thanks to the fellow Lounger who gave me the hat.

4-X-Resistol-Center-Dent-16-A.jpg

Under different lighting. The picture of me wearing the hat is the actual color:
4-X-Resistol-Center-Dent-13-A.jpg

A repost from yesterday:
4-X-Resistol-Vented-17-A.jpg

Fog or no fog that is a great conversion. I say it again - you got skills.

Sweet ribbon treatment! Great hat!

Stetson Twenty—the first vintage hat I bought and the one which opened my eyes to the difference between old and new hats. It’s my neighborhood beater with a new sweat and a new Petersham ribbon — the only thing the milliner at JJs was able to find in this color — but I love it. View attachment 366854 View attachment 366853

Welcome sir. Thanks for sharing your Stetson Twenty.

Oh yes the NW bone fedora with the special ribbon treatment. Love the hat. Good to see the hat and you.

Cheers, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Returned a short time ago from visiting one of my doctors. Sitting on the back porch now enjoying the breeze, with my 2 buddies! I always wear my fine Rick Walker of Phoenix Hats fedora in silverbelly to this particular doctor visit. The nurses always just go on about it and how good it looks on me. Ok, I know, they are just being nice to the “old man”, but that’s ok to me. I enjoy the attention even if it’s just BS. And after all, BS is what makes the world go ‘round!! View attachment 366541
View attachment 366542
View attachment 366543

Good to see you and your hat. Cheers.

Back from running around, in the navy Gannon. View attachment 366560

Navy Gannon is a perfect head companion for father daughter escapades.

Looking sharp today.

Akkubra Heritage collection Banjo Paterson.

Love a Banjo fedora.

Perry you wear this swoopy brimmed hat with a practiced ease of nonchalance. Cheers.

Best, Eric -

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
An everyday quality western hat of exceptional quality... sold in the 1930s, treated gently over the years.

View attachment 366767

View attachment 366772

View attachment 366771

View attachment 366770

View attachment 366769

View attachment 366768
Another of your many rare and unique hats Alan, and always pristine.
I love seeing hats that belie conventional standards such as this Boss Raw Edge with the under brim ribbon treatment. I can’t help but think they were custom touches.
The red lining is a real treat to the eye.
B

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Very nice!

Stetson Twenty—the first vintage hat I bought and the one which opened my eyes to the difference between old and new hats. It’s my neighborhood beater with a new sweat and a new Petersham ribbon — the only thing the milliner at JJs was able to find in this color — but I love it. View attachment 366854 View attachment 366853

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
OK the photographs are "flipped" from perspective, but the phone was unknown, so the result is this before the pouring rain
Velour A.jpg

Fortunately for me, this is the only hat from the lot found in Mantua that fits in my head
Velour 4.jpg

It is also the one that has the less information on its origin considering that it remains only a sweatband to give us some information.
Velour 2.jpg

It is branded "Velour" and has the name of the shopkeeper, nothing else.
The felt is beautiful and I think you can see it under a dark pearl color sky.
Velour 7.jpg
The hair is almost invisible and has this shimmer that is really rare to find, it looks like a felt used for women's hats.
Velour 8.jpg

Anyway, it is here and despite being an "unknown hat" has gone to keep company with his other companions.
Happy Wednesday to all and compliments for the parade of hats you proudly wear

Last edited:
OK the photographs are "flipped" from perspective, but the phone was unknown, so the result is this before the pouring rain
View attachment 366994
Fortunately for me, this is the only hat from the lot found in Mantua that fits in my head
View attachment 366995
It is also the one that has the less information on its origin considering that it remains only a sweatband to give us some information.
View attachment 366997
View attachment 367016
The hair is almost invisible and has this shimmer that is really rare to find, it looks like a felt used for women's hats.
View attachment 367001
Anyway, it is here and despite being an "unknown hat" has gone to keep company with his other companions.
A fine looking hat Daniele

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 367004 OK the photographs are "flipped" from perspective, but the phone was unknown, so the result is this before the pouring rain
View attachment 366994
View attachment 366995
View attachment 366997
View attachment 367013
View attachment 367001

Daniele; what a beautiful "Velour" felt. I really enjoy these felts that you, Steve and the other European contributors showcase. I see some "heathered" colors. Is it just my computer or are their other colored hairs or barbs? Interesting that the ribbon is proportionately big for the crown height. It leads to speculation of date of hat, but that is truly not a very good indicator. Great hat - thanks for sharing.

Yesterday evening I went for a walkabout through the neighborhood in a Gannon Playboy. The blue mist felt on this fedora is a fav.

i-hjn7b8R-M.jpg

i-spwMWtd-M.jpg

Morning dog soirre was completed wearing a Stetson Bantam.

i-vjSHVk6-M.jpg

i-whWdTSZ-M.jpg

i-KXmHrfp-M.jpg

i-LcmcGLS-M.jpg

Home a change of hat and coffee on the deck in a Manson fedora. Terrific gill ribbon treatment on this hat.

i-pZJCxgx-M.jpg

i-3Rf4LMg-M.jpg

The brim edge stitching is really well done.

i-Hk82Pnq-M.jpg

A quick errand had me changing to a hat more befitting it being Whippet Wednesday.

i-XGJPSrj-M.jpg

i-8qwhPVN-M.jpg

Cheers on this Wednesday morning, Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy