Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Who can keep up with the global hat beauty we see here?!!
Mallory Century to get a booster shot. I need a good boost, now feel boosted, Buds! 46F8E538-B88F-4BCD-BDCE-0969515B63D5.jpeg B86A0221-A38A-48CF-8F49-0FD7D3946652.jpeg

Stetson Twenty—the first vintage hat I bought and the one which opened my eyes to the difference between old and new hats. It’s my neighborhood beater with a new sweat and a new Petersham ribbon — the only thing the milliner at JJs was able to find in this color — but I love it. View attachment 366854 View attachment 366853
Very nice colors. Sometimes, even the best old hats need a new life with modern parts. But the heart of this old Stetson remains strong.

Some leaf raking in a moss green Gannon. Fun ribbon treatment on this hat.

i-ZXfdzZp-M.jpg

Post dinner walkabout wearing a whiskey.
Cheers, Eric -
Sweet Gannon Eric.

OK the photographs are "flipped" from perspective, but the phone was unknown, so the result is this before the pouring rain
View attachment 366994
Fortunately for me, this is the only hat from the lot found in Mantua that fits in my head
View attachment 366995
It is also the one that has the less information on its origin considering that it remains only a sweatband to give us some information.
View attachment 366997
It is branded "Velour" and has the name of the shopkeeper, nothing else.
The felt is beautiful and I think you can see it under a dark pearl color sky.
View attachment 367016
The hair is almost invisible and has this shimmer that is really rare to find, it looks like a felt used for women's hats.
View attachment 367001
Anyway, it is here and despite being an "unknown hat" has gone to keep company with his other companions.
Happy Wednesday to all and compliments for the parade of hats you proudly wear
This mystery hat is so cool! Love that finish.

Daniele; what a beautiful "Velour" felt. I really enjoy these felts that you, Steve and the other European contributors showcase. I see some "heathered" colors. Is it just my computer or are their other colored hairs or barbs? Interesting that the ribbon is proportionately big for the crown height. It leads to speculation of date of hat, but that is truly not a very good indicator. Great hat - thanks for sharing.
Yesterday evening I went for a walkabout through the neighborhood in a Gannon Playboy. The blue mist felt on this fedora is a fav.

i-hjn7b8R-M.jpg

Morning dog soirre was completed wearing a Stetson Bantam.

i-vjSHVk6-M.jpg

Home a change of hat and coffee on the deck in a Manson fedora. Terrific gill ribbon treatment on this hat.

i-3Rf4LMg-M.jpg

The brim edge stitching is really well done.
A quick errand had me changing to a hat more befitting it being Whippet Wednesday.

i-XGJPSrj-M.jpg

Cheers on this Wednesday morning, Eric -
Lovely blue parade Eric. You have inspired my blue hat for today. That Manson is really special.

The Akubra 'Bogart' on this rainy day in the netherlands.... View attachment 367046 View attachment 367047 View attachment 367048
Nothing more rain proof than one of these. Built like a tank. Nice hat.

Who can keep up with the global hat beauty we see here?!!
Mallory Century to get a booster shot. I need a good boost, now feel boosted, Buds! View attachment 367052 View attachment 367053
Congrats on the booster Charlie. We are still waiting for the Moderna update. The Mallory is really something special, I'm sure that the nurse was duly impressed.

Temperatures are rising today so a switch to a feather weight... Perry had a fine custom hat made that was inspired by this one I think. Not pristine but close to 100 years old and it still wears very well.
View attachment 367059
That felt looks so buttery and soft. Another incredible hat Alan.

View attachment 367095 View attachment 367096 Ebbets Field Flannels
Providence Grays 1914 reproduction cap.
At the Capitol Hill campus Providence about 2 miles from where the Providence Grays and their young pitcher Herman Ruth played.
So cool Dave! We were in RI a few years ago and went through the first Baptist Church in the US. I remember driving past this building as well.

Must be a great day for blue, our PNW clear blue skies, Eric's stellar hats, and a blue blazer in the rotation. Have to go and get an estimate on a slight fender bender from last week, my fault. Everything is backed up, the body shop is making appointments for late November/December, wow! They said they can't get parts in a timely manner and they are backed up. Wearing my 1950s Lee's of London blue with the bordello purple lining.
11May20 Lees of London Brim 550x.jpg
11Sep18 Lees sweat logo 500x.jpg
29Mar18 Lees rock.jpg
27Feb18 Lees Lord's Hat liner.jpg

Daniele; what a beautiful "Velour" felt. I really enjoy these felts that you, Steve and the other European contributors showcase. I see some "heathered" colors. Is it just my computer or are their other colored hairs or barbs? Interesting that the ribbon is proportionately big for the crown height. It leads to speculation of date of hat, but that is truly not a very good indicator. Great hat - thanks for sharing.

Yesterday evening I went for a walkabout through the neighborhood in a Gannon Playboy. The blue mist felt on this fedora is a fav.

i-hjn7b8R-M.jpg

i-spwMWtd-M.jpg

Morning dog soirre was completed wearing a Stetson Bantam.

i-vjSHVk6-M.jpg

i-whWdTSZ-M.jpg

i-KXmHrfp-M.jpg

i-LcmcGLS-M.jpg

Home a change of hat and coffee on the deck in a Manson fedora. Terrific gill ribbon treatment on this hat.

i-pZJCxgx-M.jpg

i-3Rf4LMg-M.jpg

The brim edge stitching is really well done.

i-Hk82Pnq-M.jpg

A quick errand had me changing to a hat more befitting it being Whippet Wednesday.

i-XGJPSrj-M.jpg

i-8qwhPVN-M.jpg

Cheers on this Wednesday morning, Eric -
Incredible blues today.

Must be a great day for blue, our PNW clear blue skies, Eric's stellar hats, and a blue blazer in the rotation. Have to go and get an estimate on a slight fender bender from last week, my fault. Everything is backed up, the body shop is making appointments for late November/December, wow! They said they can't get parts in a timely manner and they are backed up. Wearing my 1950s Lee's of London blue with the bordello purple lining.
View attachment 367110 View attachment 367111 View attachment 367112 View attachment 367113
Oh wow. You aren’t kidding. Beautiful blue Mike.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Wonderful looking Lees, Mike. Some great colours outside and in.

It might say London on the sweat, but Lees were one of the great bevy of Manchester hatters. Many of them had London outlets, but the hats would have been made up North.

View attachment 367110 View attachment 367111 View attachment 367112 View attachment 367113

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up
Good morning from Minnesota. A dog soiree this morning found me wearing a pre-40's Brock back-bow fedora. The overwelt on the Brock is excellent craftsmanship.

i-n66PdqB-M.jpg

i-Tq4brQF-M.jpg

Home and picking up leaf and limb clutter in the front of the house had me wearing a vintage Stetson. It is marked "Royal" quality. The felt, craftsmanship in the edge treatment and the liner are above the labeled quality.

i-BcCW9t7-M.jpg

i-2Z5BXCh-M.jpg

i-XVRj2fN-M.jpg

i-Q4mBm6s-M.jpg

i-HpqpRdc-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
Outstanding selection as always Eric!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR