Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Snowman

Practically Family
Late post. I’ve been wearing this Champ Featherweight all week. When I first tried it on, I didn’t think it was going to fit my head properly (it seems that Champ sizing and my head are not congruent), but it settled down and is maybe the most comfortable hat I have. The “featherweight” moniker is not just a name!
C5BCB855-B517-4064-B9F6-F7B7578CD6E3.jpeg
131B5EEA-26A0-4C6F-B358-A08B94CC8902.jpeg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good Saturday morning from Minnesota.

Morning dog soirre taken in a Stetson Whippet.

i-bPVdz4J-M.jpg

i-cDJ7NmH-M.jpg

Morning coffee in a "Genuine Velour." This Society Club hat was sold in Louisiana.

i-QkLjFR5-M.jpg

i-khDtjWT-M.jpg

i-PFPx3mX-M.jpg

Farmer's Market and a couple other errands this morning in a different Stetson Whippet.

i-6nWDn37-M.jpg

i-SpwD4Gs-M.jpg

Home and preparing breakfast in a Stetson Open Road.

i-w9NxNxT-M.jpg

i-CSMs5Sr-M.jpg

i-qqVzGnC-M.jpg

Lawn cutting, leaf removal, bird feeder refill and tomato plant clean-up done in Palm Leaf hats. A bigger 3" brim for yard work. I sweated that hat thoroughly and rinsed it and put it on a fence post to dry. I wore the second, 2.5" brim (1st column 2nd and 3rd pic from top), for the garden efforts. It is rinsed and drying on an adjacent fence post.

i-zvjkD9j-M.jpg

i-Lv6gpsz-M.jpg

i-rdMCKwL-M.jpg

Lunch of Seafood pho soup and Duc Tien (Seafood fried rice). I fried the rice on wood coals outside while wearing an Adam Pacesetter (brown w/gilled ribbon treatment).

i-gLMcvVv-M.jpg

I am in the lake and working on lossening the dock piers in order to bring the dock ashore and store the metal framing. I have been enjoying a vintage Stetson Medalist Hemptsted.

i-KQ2tzVr-M.jpg

i-nKJbjbk-M.jpg

i-nKJbjbk-M.jpg

The spiral stitched brim is a grand feature of this hat.

i-b2VJj7G-M.jpg

i-DzxGvrJ-M.jpg

i-vs7Z3Xg-M.jpg

I am enjoying a hatted Saturday.

Cheers, Eric -

Last edited:

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up

i-bPVdz4J-M.jpg

i-cDJ7NmH-M.jpg

Morning coffee in a "Genuine Velour." This Society Club hat was sold in Louisiana.

i-QkLjFR5-M.jpg

i-khDtjWT-M.jpg

i-PFPx3mX-M.jpg

Farmer's Market and a couple other errands this morning in a different Stetson Whippet.

i-6nWDn37-M.jpg

i-SpwD4Gs-M.jpg

i-w9NxNxT-M.jpg

i-CSMs5Sr-M.jpg

i-qqVzGnC-M.jpg

Lawn cutting, leaf removal, bird feeder refill and tomato plant clean-up done in Palm Leaf hats. A bigger 3" brim for yard work. I sweated that hat thoroughly and rinsed it and put it on a fence post to dry. I wore the second, 2.5" brim, for the garden efforts. It to is rinsed and drying on an adjacent fence post.

i-zvjkD9j-M.jpg

i-Lv6gpsz-M.jpg

i-rdMCKwL-M.jpg

Lunch of Seafood pho soup and Duc Tien (Seafood fried rice). I fried the rice on wood coals outside while wearing an Adam Pacesetter (brown w/gilled ribbon treatment).

i-gLMcvVv-M.jpg

I am in the lake and working on lossening the dock piers in order to bring the dock ashore and store the metal framing. I have been enjoying a vintage Stetson Medalist Hemptsted.

i-KQ2tzVr-M.jpg

i-nKJbjbk-M.jpg

i-nKJbjbk-M.jpg

i-b2VJj7G-M.jpg

i-DzxGvrJ-M.jpg

i-vs7Z3Xg-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

I'm enjoying your hatted Saturday too, Eric. As always, yours hats are wonderful to behold, not to mention enviously desirable :)
Your garden is looking lovely and your food, like your hats, has me, yet again, drooling.
Thanks for sharing!

T Jones

I'll Lock Up

i-bPVdz4J-M.jpg

i-cDJ7NmH-M.jpg

i-QkLjFR5-M.jpg

i-khDtjWT-M.jpg

i-PFPx3mX-M.jpg

i-6nWDn37-M.jpg

i-SpwD4Gs-M.jpg

i-w9NxNxT-M.jpg

i-CSMs5Sr-M.jpg

i-qqVzGnC-M.jpg

Lawn cutting, leaf removal, bird feeder refill and tomato plant clean-up done in Palm Leaf hats. A bigger 3" brim for yard work. I sweated that hat thoroughly and rinsed it and put it on a fence post to dry. I wore the second, 2.5" brim (1st column 2nd and 3rd pic from top), for the garden efforts. It is rinsed and drying on an adjacent fence post.

i-zvjkD9j-M.jpg

i-Lv6gpsz-M.jpg

i-rdMCKwL-M.jpg

i-gLMcvVv-M.jpg

i-KQ2tzVr-M.jpg

i-nKJbjbk-M.jpg

i-nKJbjbk-M.jpg

i-b2VJj7G-M.jpg

i-DzxGvrJ-M.jpg

i-vs7Z3Xg-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
Okay. I'm definitely jealous. There goes the Tenth Commandment.

Pellie

One Too Many

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Unseasonably warm weather, so my wife and I decided to take advantage and celebrate our anniversary a little early:
View attachment 368052

View attachment 368053

View attachment 368054

View attachment 368055

Borsalino Zeffiro withstood the breeze off of Lake Michigan as we walked along the boardwalk and the pier to East Pierhead Lighthouse in Michigan City.
What a delightful couple you make, we too are blessed with unseasonably warm weather, although the last few days has seen intermittent rain, yesterday was lovely so on the strength of that we are dining out at our friends 17th century coaching inn.
Just got to give our old MG a bit of spit & polish and we should be good to go.
blazer 003.JPG

Lee 5th Avenue Water Bloc - Black Label

The Commentator

View attachment 367137 View attachment 367138 View attachment 367139

This one has a rolled underwelt brim making a sorta “poor man’s” Cavanagh edge effect on the top of the brim.

View attachment 367140

Color is hard to capture today.. A dark brown probably closest the first on head photo… maybe a bit darker.

View attachment 367141
That's a cool find, Joe. We don't see Lee all that often, so any new finds are always good to see.

Ludwig Skrivanek Graz Hutfabrikation possibly 1930s. I believe it's Wool but it could a mix of Wool and Fur. There is a mix of grays with a tiny amount of red. It has closer cropped Rauh / Rough Finish and a Cord. Definitely one of my favorite Stiff Felts.

51559695465_2a32bdc16c_b.jpg

51558759286_415a038f1d_b.jpg

51559703585_e385424ec0_b.jpg

51559517764_fda9f71865_b.jpg

51558786386_9c75d5c0a7_b.jpg
Fantastic hat, Steve. What a thing! Love the heathered look of the felt and that liner is spectacular.

Raw Hide Felts. Feels like two weeks since I have been outside. Working too hard lately.

View attachment 367162

View attachment 367161

View attachment 367163
Wonderful hat, Bob. Great shape to it and the beaded hatband makes it pop.

One of the Stetson 100s.
View attachment 367173
Beautiful. Bringing out the big guns!

Nice find, Bill. Sometimes these felt ribbons just work.

Two hat day today. First, ca. late 60s Borsalino with a beautiful heather felt for a trip around town. Then, my 1920s Stetson Bowler while pottering about the garden.
As can be seen, the weather was as lovely here as it was View attachment 367653 View attachment 367654 in @Mighty44's neck of the woods.
Have a great weekend, folks!
Nice to have the sun out for a bit; makes the hats shine! Very nice, Steve.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points