Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

I’m afraid I’ve been a bit scarce around here this week. Been tending to a serious family emergency and hats haven’t been at the front of my mind. I have however been watching some of your great hats this week. Today is the first day where I feel a bit of a positive day… with great progress. And a small bit of time to clear my mind.

Here is the latest addition. FitzGerald Boston Special

E6CF4BDB-98E9-4949-B01A-1981ED04A50B.jpeg
67CFC8FD-37BA-4B25-952A-4703EEB6B7F7.jpeg
CCC818C6-A02A-4269-ABEF-7F4167A6D33B.jpeg
B5D64BC1-8C19-48DF-B0F8-D4DE78899121.jpeg
A495483B-5AC5-4D61-A199-DD5E18BF6259.jpeg

RBH

Bartender
I’m afraid I’ve been a bit scarce around here this week. Been tending to a serious family emergency and hats haven’t been at the front of my mind. I have however been watching some of your great hats this week. Today is the first day where I feel a bit of a positive day… with great progress. And a small bit of time to clear my mind.

View attachment 407345 View attachment 407346 View attachment 407347 View attachment 407348 View attachment 407349
..I hope all is well with you....
But... even when things are side ways... I am wearing my hat.

Take care....

Rumad

One Too Many

View attachment 407345 View attachment 407346 View attachment 407347 View attachment 407348 View attachment 407349
Sorry to hear it Joe, your absence here was noticed. I hope things are on the upswing and everyone is alright.

Really like the look of that felt, Brent.
Last drop hand built war between brothers hat today for my sister’s and brother’s b-day party. Born less than a year apart.
Sounds like fun. Cool looking hat, Randall.

Sunny and in the 70s, so I'm marking the occasion with an unlined Dobbs Cross Country.

View attachment 407322 View attachment 407323 View attachment 407324 View attachment 407325
Now there's one that's high on the wishlist. Nice!

Hey all!
I've got upbrim on my mind for some reason so I put one on my head.
J. C. Penney's Marathon "Genuine Velour" which I'm sure doesn't hold a candle to some of the top-notch velours posted here but it still has swagger. Especially with that bow!

View attachment 407330 View attachment 407331 View attachment 407332 View attachment 407334

Have a great day!
That's the way to go, John. Great style ànd substance!

Hope things will work out for you, Joe. Take care. The hat is lovely.
Townsends Cocked hat for the first St. Patrick's Parade of the season.
View attachment 407389 View attachment 407390 View attachment 407391
Fabulous, Dave!

The Shoe

One Too Many
The week in hats. Some sunshine this week; could hardly remember what it looked like!

Mossant castor for Sools
View attachment 407424

Berteil Ardoise
View attachment 407425

FGM Bayerland velour
View attachment 407426

Borsalino Faunosca averla
View attachment 407427

Borsalino Eglesci
View attachment 407428

Mossant Castor (again)
View attachment 407429

Cambiaghi (just a quick try on)

View attachment 407430

Stetson Open Road
View attachment 407431
I’d also be wearing that Mossant again (and again). Find one of those for me, please!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
You never fail to disappoint, Stefan. Besides the wonderful hats I just loved the Dutch Windmill and that camel coat accompanying the Stetson actually upstages John B's finest.

fedora hat 001.JPG
I wouldn't say my week has been all hats, but I did wake Jessica up, took her out and about ready for the classic car season. Tina made the shirt, naturally, it depicts vintage MG's from Jessica's era, note the MG buttons. Esther made the Strat-look-a-like.
Camo-shirt 008.JPG
At work, I showed off my new camouflage shirt, by way of a photo on my phone, explaining that the camo was actually silhouettes of pin-up girls. Wear it, I was asked, more like told. Cheryl's green hat got some: "Going green?" comments, but all in good fun.
shirt race cars hat 002.JPG
There's a testing track not too far from where I live, I always think about distance when considering Jessica's performance, she's not had her Spring spruce & tune up yet, but it was an easy journey. Tina's classic race car shirt compliments Cheryl's nutmeg classic fedora, or should that be the other way around?
green floral shirt 001.JPG
You can't trust anyone these days, I was just quickly inspecting the inside of my eyelids when the shirt maker thought it fun to catch me snoozing. The fabulous hibiscus patterned shirt that Tina made is a perfect partner for my battered Biltmore.

baggy pants 001.JPG
Sunday best, this was the first hat that Cheryl made, it's actually navy in colour distorted by the phone's camera. The shirt I bought at The Goodwood Revival, Tina made the baggy trousers and former Lounger simonC, made the shoes.

Last edited:
You never fail to disappoint, Stefan. Besides the wonderful hats I just loved the Dutch Windmill and that camel coat accompanying the Stetson actually upstages John B's finest.

View attachment 407440
I wouldn't say my week has been all hats, but I did wake Jessica up, took her out and about ready for the classic car season. Tina made shirt, naturally, it depicts vintage MG's from Jessica's era, note the MG buttons. Esther made the Strat-look-a-like.
View attachment 407441
At work, I showed off my new camouflage shirt, by way of a photo on my phone, explaining that the camo was actually silhouettes of pin-up girls. Wear it, I was asked, more like told. Cheryl's green hat got some: "Going green?" comments, but all in good fun.
View attachment 407442
There's a testing track not too far from where I live, I always think about distance when considering Jessica's performance, she's not had her Spring spruce & tune up yet, but it was an easy journey. Tina's classic race car shirt compliments Cheryl's nutmeg classic fedora, or should that be the other way around?
View attachment 407443
You can't trust anyone these days, I was just quickly inspecting the inside of my eyelids when the shirt maker thought it fun to catch me snoozing. The fabulous hibiscus patterned shirt that Tina made is a perfect partner for my battered Biltmore.

View attachment 407444
Sunday best, this was the first hat that Cheryl made, it's actually navy in colour distorted by the phone's camera. The shirt I bought at The Goodwood Revival, Tina made the baggy trousers and former Lounger simonC, made the shoes.
Thank you, Robert. The camel coat is actually more of a silverbelly colour. Made by Corneliani. Needs some sunshine to be worn.
Love your parade of hats, shirts and shoes. Especially like the colours on the nutmeg fedora.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up

That's a great addition, Joe. Hope everything works out with your troubles. Thinking of you.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Thank you, Robert. The camel coat is actually more of a silverbelly colour. Made by Corneliani. Needs some sunshine to be worn.
Love your parade of hats, shirts and shoes. Especially like the colours on the nutmeg fedora.
Some wonderful hats, sunshine, and a Corneliani coat. Can't get much better than that, Stefan

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for that Stefan, I did have some trepidation, was it over the top? Some years back, on a visit to Scotland, we came across a hat maker who made me a beautiful dark brown classic tear drop fedora, I had similar feelings back then too. Strange really, when you consider that my shoes fill the colours of the spectrum and my shirts.............
The Scottish lady has retired now, but this and another in black, is the result of her handiwork:
fedora brown2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters