Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

GHT

I'll Lock Up
FGM Bayerland velour.jpg
How I took a shine to this FGM Bayerland velour. It's the way that the black velour stands out. Do you know, I rather fancy such a hat.

Oh dear, what a faux pas! My knowledge of internet searching is both limited and naïve.
I have just learned that the first part of any search request gets prominence. That's why I got images of African villages with delightful young schoolgirls smiling at the camera.

My education today also includes the meaning of the acronym FGM. The M stands for mutilation, I'll leave you to figure out the rest. I'm going to make coffee, and if I hadn't given up alcohol for lent, it would be a whole lot stronger.

You never fail to disappoint, Stefan. Besides the wonderful hats I just loved the Dutch Windmill and that camel coat accompanying the Stetson actually upstages John B's finest.

View attachment 407440
I wouldn't say my week has been all hats, but I did wake Jessica up, took her out and about ready for the classic car season. Tina made the shirt, naturally, it depicts vintage MG's from Jessica's era, note the MG buttons. Esther made the Strat-look-a-like.
View attachment 407441
At work, I showed off my new camouflage shirt, by way of a photo on my phone, explaining that the camo was actually silhouettes of pin-up girls. Wear it, I was asked, more like told. Cheryl's green hat got some: "Going green?" comments, but all in good fun.
View attachment 407442
There's a testing track not too far from where I live, I always think about distance when considering Jessica's performance, she's not had her Spring spruce & tune up yet, but it was an easy journey. Tina's classic race car shirt compliments Cheryl's nutmeg classic fedora, or should that be the other way around?
View attachment 407443
You can't trust anyone these days, I was just quickly inspecting the inside of my eyelids when the shirt maker thought it fun to catch me snoozing. The fabulous hibiscus patterned shirt that Tina made is a perfect partner for my battered Biltmore.

View attachment 407444
Sunday best, this was the first hat that Cheryl made, it's actually navy in colour distorted by the phone's camera. The shirt I bought at The Goodwood Revival, Tina made the baggy trousers and former Lounger simonC, made the shoes.
Looking quite sharp as usual.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Hückel Novo Velour for today's jaunt in the sun.

I don't know if it's just me, but I think it's been an exceptional hat week on the FL. Fun to see some old favourites, great to see folks' new finds, and exciting waiting for promising new acquisitions to arrive.

I'm already looking forward to next week ☺️ 20220306_135257.jpg

I don't know if it's just me, but I think it's been an exceptional hat week on the FL. Fun to see some old favourites, great to see folks' new finds, and exciting waiting for promising new acquisitions to arrive.

I'm already looking forward to next week ☺️ View attachment 407481
What a beautiful velour on a lovely day!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday evening on a walkabout after work in a Gannon Wanderer (silverbelly with charcoal trimmings).

i-5W7hmR8-M.jpg

i-f74h6CC-M.jpg

i-zM42ZBd-S.jpg

Rain and snow overnight. Dog soirree and yard chores in a Gannon Wanderer (granite with charcoal trimmings).

i-NpTtjnG-M.jpg

i-FxcdvxR-M.jpg

i-Pg39dzb-M.jpg

The new wet snow is picturesque. I enjoyed coffee on the deck in a Stetson OR 3X.

i-FCcvRq7-M.jpg

i-9fdbxGH-S.jpg

I needed to relocate the snow with a shovel and snowblower. A Filson Mackinaw cap was just the ticket for some work.

i-JM7hSq9-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Rumad

One Too Many
The week in hats. Some sunshine this week; could hardly remember what it looked like!

Mossant castor for Sools
View attachment 407424

Berteil Ardoise
View attachment 407425

FGM Bayerland velour
View attachment 407426

Borsalino Faunosca averla
View attachment 407427

Borsalino Eglesci
View attachment 407428

Mossant Castor (again)
View attachment 407429

Cambiaghi (just a quick try on)

View attachment 407430

Stetson Open Road
View attachment 407431
My goodness, the man has two eyes!

Last edited:
I'm not sure Baden-Powell had St. Patrick's Day in mind when he asked his boys to be prepared :) .

I was a Boys Brigader. Not sure we were meant to be prepared for it either.

However, let's drink, celebrate, be merry, and lift a glass to friends near and far in these strange times.

Sláinte, Jim

They didn't specify what be prepared for, so it's open to interpretation. :cool:

I’m afraid I’ve been a bit scarce around here this week. Been tending to a serious family emergency and hats haven’t been at the front of my mind. I have however been watching some of your great hats this week. Today is the first day where I feel a bit of a positive day… with great progress. And a small bit of time to clear my mind.

Here is the latest addition. FitzGerald Boston Special

View attachment 407345 View attachment 407346 View attachment 407347 View attachment 407348 View attachment 407349

Hope everything works out, Joe.

Very nice, Gary.

I'm already looking forward to next week ☺️ View attachment 407481
More Hückel on display. Always a good thing.

My goodness, the man has two eyes!
Dang! I had planned to keep that a secret :)
Fantastic homburg, Jim. Love it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters