Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Oberländer:

48E246BB-D939-48AB-8A40-E5C227C8DD39.jpeg
B3F51046-4C74-4E56-B189-192239B0F633.jpeg
F6A78FB7-23DC-44D0-BC42-DCEE5F3491FC.jpeg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
beer & hat.jpg

It might seem lazy of me, but I just couldn't be arsed to click the reply button and delete that which was of no importance to my reply.
In this photo, I am at lengths to making up my mind if it's the hat or the beer that appeals the most. The hat really, the beer will go through the system and down the toilet.
beer & hat 2.jpg
Now there's Panamas and there's Panamas. This one really does have the Ooh-la-la factor! How I love it.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
After nearly 2 and a half years of it being in Denmark, covid 19 finally got me.

20220604_155322.jpg

It was, among other things, Father's Day weekend here in Denmark and I was supposed to be with my daughters. Corona isolation put a stop to that.

To cheer myself up, I wore my latest antique Top Hat find inside my isolation bubble :)

20220605_222353.jpg

Apart from the fever, aches and pains, coughing etc., I'm fine. Thanks too to two vaccines and a booster.

Hope this A.F. Bodecker topper wasn't an undertaker's hat :)

GHT

I'll Lock Up
After nearly 2 and a half years of it being in Denmark, covid 19 finally got me.

View attachment 431143

It was, among other things, Father's Day weekend here in Denmark and I was supposed to be with my daughters. Corona isolation put a stop to that.

To cheer myself up, I wore my latest antique Top Hat find inside my isolation bubble :)

View attachment 431144

Apart from the fever, aches and pains, coughing etc., I'm fine. Thanks too to two vaccines and a booster.

That, as our American cousins say, Steve, sucks. Wishing you well as quickly as possible. But oh my, if you were to pop your mortal coil, in that topper, you would upstage the undertakers. How I love your positive uptake. Get well quickly my friend.

View attachment 431137
It might seem lazy of me, but I just couldn't be arsed to click the reply button and delete that which was of no importance to my reply.
In this photo, I am at lengths to making up my mind if it's the hat or the beer that appeals the most. The hat really, the beer will go through the system and down the toilet.
View attachment 431136
Now there's Panamas and there's Panamas. This one really does have the Ooh-la-la factor! How I love it.
Thank you, Robert. Much appreciated.

View attachment 431143

View attachment 431144

That's a bummer, Steve. Hope you'll recover soon. And you can always join in on our father's day, which is in two weeks' time. As a consolation: I'm sure you're the best looking Covid-patient in Europe.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
That, as our American cousins say, Steve, sucks. Wishing you well as quickly as possible. But oh my, if you were to pop your mortal coil, in that topper, you would upstage the undertakers. How I love your positive uptake. Get well quickly my friend.
Thank you, Robert. Appreciate your kind thoughts.

I'm a Monty Python always look on the bright side of life sort of black humour guy.

:cool:

The Shoe

One Too Many

View attachment 431143

View attachment 431144

Get well soon. I hope it doesn’t hit you too hard.
That’s a stunner of a topper.

The Shoe

One Too Many
I took my new Sunbody out for a visit to a (somewhat) local fishing port to pick up all sorts of yummy seafood.
EDDF5FC2-D127-47E2-B277-9DD813F5AA55.jpeg
21856226-B4E5-449D-84DA-0183709C7C3A.jpeg

Sweetlips and Devilfish.
C5281B88-CC0E-4B3E-A505-AD7F8AE1AC2A.jpeg
The sashimi was a koshodai, which literally translates to pepper snapper, but apparently the English name is crescent sweetlips. Also some boiled octopus sashimi. It paired well with a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I took my new Sunbody out for a visit to a (somewhat) local fishing port to pick up all sorts of yummy seafood.
View attachment 431153 View attachment 431154
Sweetlips and Devilfish.
View attachment 431161 The sashimi was a koshodai, which literally translates to pepper snapper, but apparently the English name is crescent sweetlips. Also some boiled octopus sashimi. It paired well with
I was with you all the way until you said: "a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc." Sauvignon blanc is a green-skinned grape variety that originates from the Bordeaux region of France. The grape most likely gets its name from the French words sauvage ("wild") and blanc ("white") due to its early origins as an indigenous grape in South West France. It is possibly a descendant of Savagnin. Sauvignon blanc is planted in many of the world's wine regions, producing a crisp, dry, and refreshing white varietal wine. The grape is also a component of the famous dessert wines from Sauterne and Barsac. Sauvignon blanc is widely cultivated in France, Chile, Romania, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Bulgaria the US States of Oregon, Washington & California. Some new world Sauvignon blancs, particularly from California, may also be called "Fumé Blanc", a marketing term coined by Robert Mondavi in reference to Pouilly-Fumé.

But the reason it's called Sauvignon Blanc is because it originates from Sauvignon in South West France. You can replicate it, but you can't beat it.

View attachment 431143

View attachment 431144

Hoping for a speedy recovery for you, Steve. Glad the vaccinations are doing their job too.

View attachment 431143

View attachment 431144

Sorry to hear it finally caught up with you. I had my first positive test this week myself. Mostly mild/moderate cold symptoms for me. I am glad to hear your symptoms have stayed in check… and agree with your assertation.

View attachment 431143

View attachment 431144

Sorry to hear it finally caught up with you. I had my first positive test this week myself. Mostly mild/moderate cold symptoms for me. I am glad to hear your symptoms have stayed in check… and agree with your assertation.

Here's hoping neither of you have a rough ride. Get well soon.

The Shoe

One Too Many
I was with you all the way until you said: "a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc." Sauvignon blanc is a green-skinned grape variety that originates from the Bordeaux region of France. The grape most likely gets its name from the French words sauvage ("wild") and blanc ("white") due to its early origins as an indigenous grape in South West France. It is possibly a descendant of Savagnin. Sauvignon blanc is planted in many of the world's wine regions, producing a crisp, dry, and refreshing white varietal wine. The grape is also a component of the famous dessert wines from Sauterne and Barsac. Sauvignon blanc is widely cultivated in France, Chile, Romania, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Bulgaria the US States of Oregon, Washington & California. Some new world Sauvignon blancs, particularly from California, may also be called "Fumé Blanc", a marketing term coined by Robert Mondavi in reference to Pouilly-Fumé.

But the reason it's called Sauvignon Blanc is because it originates from Sauvignon in South West France. You can replicate it, but you can't beat it.
Well, I stand corrected, though I’m not entirely sure what you would like me to say…Let’s try…
“It paired well with a delightful fresh white wine made from the grapes that are used to make Sauvignon blanc and commonly referred to as Sauvignon blanc.”
This one is from Marlborough, a region widely recognised as one of the premier regions in the world for said grape.
While not top notch, you would be hard pressed to find a better one anywhere for the price.
My own experience with French wines is that you can get nice ones if you are willing to pay, but if you’re looking for a nice inexpensive wine, you’re better off looking to virtually any other country - New Zealand, Australia, Chile, South Africa, Spain, the US, Argentina or Italy. Maybe you can pick up better value French wines in Europe, but I haven’t come across any here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn