Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Shadow1948

One of the Regulars
The Flechet and the Dobbs for today.
C7999B76-4B7F-4661-8F80-3CC1A2C13707.jpeg
B1C74CE6-DC11-40F4-9F25-7261DA078BBB.jpeg
0C762C85-BEF2-4B9D-8637-FB968C51C5A1.jpeg
264B4417-F589-4AB8-9E60-3D8BD11E6ECB.jpeg
7F17E32E-6F38-4189-A228-05C6DE558C2C.jpeg
43AEDC43-48E7-4281-B05F-FC17D82F44C1.jpeg

The Shoe

One Too Many
Sounds like champagne vs sparking wine: a marketing difference without any real meaning to the customer. I get countries and companies wanting to protect their market, but it really makes no difference to me and semantics is dull stuff. In a day when the best Scotch whiskey is made in Japan, albeit not being called Scotch, most consumers just don’t care about about protectionist labeling…I know I don’t.
I actually have no problem with the Champagne naming. There are other names (champenoise, méthode traditionnelle) that indicate that a wine is made in the same way as Champagne. The big difference here is that Champagne is a region, whereas Sauvignon blanc is a grape variety. If the French feel strongly enough about it, they’re more than welcome to set up some name that indicates the liquid is made from Sauvignon blanc grapes from the Bordeaux region.
More importantly, I chose my Akubra Capricorn for work yesterday due to the forecast rain.
2C4421F5-74EF-4F96-BFC6-D848CA7D8085.jpeg

I actually have no problem with the Champagne naming. There are other names (champenoise, méthode traditionnelle) that indicate that a wine is made in the same way as Champagne. The big difference here is that Champagne is a region, whereas Sauvignon blanc is a grape variety. If the French feel strongly enough about it, they’re more than welcome to set up some name that indicates the liquid is made from Sauvignon blanc grapes from the Bordeaux region.
More importantly, I chose my Akubra Capricorn for work yesterday due to the forecast rain.
View attachment 431404

I don’t have any problem with any of the naming, but I also don’t feel any compunction to use those names. Trade or copyright agreements may restrain the makers, importers, and sellers, but they don’t govern the consumer.

Hard to beat a Capricorn then the weather warms up. Stay cool and keep your foodie photos coming.

View attachment 431404
There was an artificial movement of hot air that blew thru earlier, but we can't call it a fart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IGDS