Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
After nearly 2 and a half years of it being in Denmark, covid 19 finally got me.

View attachment 431143

It was, among other things, Father's Day weekend here in Denmark and I was supposed to be with my daughters. Corona isolation put a stop to that.

To cheer myself up, I wore my latest antique Top Hat find inside my isolation bubble :)

View attachment 431144

Apart from the fever, aches and pains, coughing etc., I'm fine. Thanks too to two vaccines and a booster.

Hope this A.F. Bodecker topper wasn't an undertaker's hat :)
Hope you get well soot!

Well, I stand corrected, though I’m not entirely sure what you would like me to say…Let’s try…
“It paired well with a delightful fresh white wine made from the grapes that are used to make Sauvignon blanc and commonly referred to as Sauvignon blanc.”
This one is from Marlborough, a region widely recognised as one of the premier regions in the world for said grape.
While not top notch, you would be hard pressed to find a better one anywhere for the price.
My own experience with French wines is that you can get nice ones if you are willing to pay, but if you’re looking for a nice inexpensive wine, you’re better off looking to virtually any other country - New Zealand, Australia, Chile, South Africa, Spain, the US, Argentina or Italy. Maybe you can pick up better value French wines in Europe, but I haven’t come across any here.

Sounds like champagne vs sparking wine: a marketing difference without any real meaning to the customer. I get countries and companies wanting to protect their market, but it really makes no difference to me and semantics is dull stuff. In a day when the best Scotch whiskey is made in Japan, albeit not being called Scotch, most consumers just don’t care about about protectionist labeling…I know I don’t.

Pellie

One Too Many
After nearly 2 and a half years of it being in Denmark, covid 19 finally got me.

View attachment 431143

It was, among other things, Father's Day weekend here in Denmark and I was supposed to be with my daughters. Corona isolation put a stop to that.

To cheer myself up, I wore my latest antique Top Hat find inside my isolation bubble :)

View attachment 431144

Apart from the fever, aches and pains, coughing etc., I'm fine. Thanks too to two vaccines and a booster.

Wish you the best Steve!

Pellie

One Too Many
Borsalino today...
20220606_124049.jpg
20220606_124059.jpg
20220606_124117.jpg
20220606_124123.jpg

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 431143

View attachment 431144

Wishing you well Steve, It finally caught up to me in early April. Just starting to feel like myself again.

View attachment 431143

View attachment 431144

Adding to your antibodies, eh? Sorry to hear this, Steve.
Your attitude will stand you in great stead, and you're definitely the most dapper diseased dude in Denmark!

Be well with a quick recovery, my friend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn