Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

db8cc5a3a9a540bfa1b807930eb8480a.jpg

Royal Deluxe Stetson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Daniele: stunning color! Such a deep rich chocolate. Pics #1 an 5 really bring out the richness. Maybe next time we could see the liner for reference??
Thanks
B
Bowen here what you asked
2e35v6f.jpg

Borsalino "Angico". All the details, lining, sweatband, graphic of the stamps, and paper label seems to give us a 1930 hat, but in my opinion, it was made before the war or at the end of it and sold in the forties. It is an high end hat and in Italy in that days not so much pepople can afford a hat like this
9rm04h.jpg

The hat was restored in Netherlands at Penumbra Hats.
There are some newspaper glued inside the sweatband on the lining and the felt. It was removed with difficult and cleaned to get more life in the velvety felt, prone to became opaque without brushing. A very well done work

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Sometimes it happens that I buy some Borsalino on the American market
s153c5.jpg

It happens rarely, but some shapes I like are only found on the US market
27zlp8p.jpg

This is an example: Borsalino Qualità Superiore. Size is 7 3/8 color is "Lupo" and ribbon "Nera"
x0pr0j.jpg

A clone made in the 50s of a Borsalino of the 30s
2uq2hz6.jpg

I really like its shape and I regret not having bought his brother in a lighter gray. The price was great
2vttkb5.jpg

Here the lining with all the information for connoiseurs of the USA Borsalino market
2rejds8.jpg

The paper label
2wlvgcz.jpg

Some of the Borsalino I bought in USA were back, a "Angora" was showed in these days:)
Have a nice day
A huge thank for all the likes you gave for the Panizza Special

Sometimes it happens that I buy some Borsalino on the American market
s153c5.jpg

It happens rarely, but some shapes I like are only found on the US market
27zlp8p.jpg

This is an example: Borsalino Qualità Superiore. Size is 7 3/8 color is "Lupo" and ribbon "Nera"
x0pr0j.jpg

A clone made in the 50s of a Borsalino of the 30s
2uq2hz6.jpg

I really like its shape and I regret not having bought his brother in a lighter gray. The price was great
2vttkb5.jpg

Here the lining with all the information for connoiseurs of the USA Borsalino market
2rejds8.jpg

The paper label
2wlvgcz.jpg

Some of the Borsalino I bought in USA were back, a "Angora" was showed in these days:)
Have a nice day
A huge thank for all the likes you gave for the Panizza Special
I agree Daniele, that is a great looking hat.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Nice stitching on that one Daniele.
Thanks Perry. The Panizza were the most Italian traditional producers of hats, but they deserve more attention

Nice color and brim stitching on this wonderful hat Daniele.
Thanks Mike. I was impressed yesterday when I open the box, but then I remember my Panizza box and I made a comparision and this felt is one of the best of the bunch

That is a beautiful hat Daniele, the felt looks wonderful and I really like the way the brim stitching stands out. I wish Santa Lucia would visit me with a hat like that, but Texas is probably out of her jurisdiction
Richard Santa Lucia in the tradition is blind so it is possible she lost the way and arrive until Texas, but in the case this wil not happened here the link to the Panizza source https://www.etsy.com/it/shop/CappelleriaDiRicco?ref=l2-shopheader-name

I agree Daniele, that is a great looking hat.
Yes It is. Thanks a lot

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Forgot to post this yesterday. Light sage Knox Foxhound for running errands. Really like this color felt.

The green Foxhound is grand. I am taken by the crisp vintage condition, color and of course the binding stitching. Wear it in pride sir.

Sorry, no pic as I'm seated in a conference room (on business travel). I'm in Minnesota, so the obvious choice for me was my rabbit fur Sterkowski black fedora. It's kept my head warm walking (briefly) in the "cool" (for Minnesota) weather!

OS; Welcome to my part of the US. The high today will be 22'f but wind chills have us in the low teens. This is to be expected here in December. Terrific to hear you are visiting MN on a business trip. Enjoy the hospitality, music, eats and entertainment while on your trip.

Best, Eric -

A bit of brightness in the remodel dispair! A fantastic gift hat from our own @deadlyhandsome, Brent arrived today. This sweet Resistol 880 is super light, great kitty finish and fits like a dream. Brent said it was stingy at 2 1/4", it really doesn't have that look when on my head. Great straight crown for a late 1950s hat. They had a whole series of hats named after the new jet airliners that were taking the skies from about 1958 to the early 1960s. The Convair 880 was a smaller airliner than the Boeing 707, which got all the orders. They only made 65 of this model, so it was not a success. The most famous 880 was bought by Elvis Presley in 1975. He named her the "Lisa Marie". I love this place, no matter what, we are family. Thanks to Brent, a great guy!!

4Dec18 Resistol 880 front 450x.jpg
4Dec18 Resistol 880 side 450x.jpg
4Dec18 Resistol 880 crown 450x.jpg
Convair 880 in flight 550x.jpg

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Wearing my Hufvud today. I like everything about this hat except the felt. I wanted a green one, so I had to order the rabbit and hare. It is a little rough to the touch and the brim will absolutely not obey, even with steam.

I didn't know beaver was available in other colors in Hufvud. Oh, well.
7139faa20d6b18aaaf68cb2e6ae4103f.jpg
e536796b7fbf87575748843e3c8154da.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Bowen here what you asked
2e35v6f.jpg

Borsalino "Angico". All the details, lining, sweatband, graphic of the stamps, and paper label seems to give us a 1930 hat, but in my opinion, it was made before the war or at the end of it and sold in the forties. It is an high end hat and in Italy in that days not so much pepople can afford a hat like this
9rm04h.jpg

The hat was restored in Netherlands at Penumbra Hats.
There are some newspaper glued inside the sweatband on the lining and the felt. It was removed with difficult and cleaned to get more life in the velvety felt, prone to became opaque without brushing. A very well done work

Wonderful. Oh to have been a fly on the wall at Borsalino, to have some additional information on the timeline of labels and style names and numbers... to peek at the production and inventory before WWII and during WWII and after WWII. Maybe there was a significance to the pretty colored borders on the labels of this era? I don't know anything, but in the absence of answers, the questions are what we have to enjoy.

A suede finish Tom n' Jerry today.

120418_1.jpg

120418_2.jpg

120418_3.jpg

120418_4.jpg

I know there is much interest in leather coats in the classifieds, maybe some will enjoy a picture of this long suede coat that I purchased at the opening of Saks Men's Store in San Francisco many years ago (it has since closed). It was mismarked, I think, at 90% off but still at a cost that caused a hard swallow before deciding to buy it. I've never looked back.

120418_5.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112