Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Barbisio Muschio (yes, it's green - don't worry; back on medication now;))
IMG_4972.jpg
Primo senza rivali!

Thanks for the link, Stefan. In Borsalino Brotherhood you wrote: "And here we go again; another hat sold as a size 62, but which was measured around the outside. It is actually a size 58. Modern(ish) Borsalino in a wine red colour called Porto. Raw edge brim at 6cm and the crown at 10,5cm at the center dent. It is a men's hat but to my eye this is not a men's hat colour."
In both hats and shoes American sizes are a half size bigger than Imperial, the latter being the British system of measure before we went metric. That half size can be significant when seeking a comfortable fit. To avoid any ambiguity I have always quoted the sizing used, in whichever country I am buying from, then add my metric size.
Your experience has given me cause for concern. How can a hat be a 62 when it's actually a 58? Has someone got a short tape measure?
Your last comment: "It's not a man's colour." Now that resonated, back to the uhm-ing and ah-ing I think.
Thanks, Robert. It's not the tape measure. This wasn't the first time someone sold me a hat based on a measurement taken on the outside of the crown in stead of just measuring the circumference of the sweatband. There is a difference...

Good choice of hat, the mist from Ruby Falls can get quite dense. Tina and I have seen Ruby Falls, we had a great time in Chattanooga, a lady at an ice cream stall, hearing our English accents, was curious about English currency, as luck would have it I had every coin of the realm in my pocket. "There you go," I told her, "souvenir from England." She was delighted. Tell me, how many times did you hear the corny joke: "Ruby didn't fall, she was pushed?"

The Stetson Sovereign has an outing today, must remember to take an umbrella too, we had thunder and lightning earlier today.
View attachment 459315
Ha.. great story Robert.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
After being bedridden for the whole of yesterday with the side effects of the Covid jab, I needed a hat that would make me happy. My Stetson Custom V fit the bill perfectly. View attachment 459275 View attachment 459276
Etsuko wore her Panizza.
View attachment 459277
And a picture of the back bow to keep @Steve1857 happy!:p
View attachment 459278
Sorry to hear you've had jab side affects, Gary. Hope you're on the mend.

Love your shirt, but damn, love Etsuko’s back bow.

Back to the home state of Florida for the last stop on our tour. A visit to the Magic Kingdom of Walt Disney World.… wearing a Whippet

6289F62F-2FA1-455D-847A-39EAE9B6271D.jpeg

Of course I had to stop and see my personal hatter

FC9F0EE2-5CFF-4BA5-A65D-D34CA42AD527.jpeg

I was kind of amused at this display of Disney Hats hat boxes in a store window of Main Street USA knowing full well there is so connection of Walt Disney World to Disney Hats of New York other than the name. I’m kind of curious if the person who created the display ignored the fact or was oblivious to it. Cool display and amusing none the less.

642EEF96-E6D4-4AC3-9836-A4E503199437.jpeg

Back to the home state of Florida for the last stop on our tour. A visit to the Magic Kingdom of Walt Disney World.… wearing a Whippet

View attachment 459463

Of course I had to stop and see my personal hatter

View attachment 459461

I was kind of amused at this display of Disney Hats hat boxes in a store window of Main Street USA knowing full well there is so connection of Walt Disney World to Disney Hats of New York other than the name. I’m kind of curious if the person who created the display ignored the fact or was oblivious to it. Cool display and amusing none the less.

View attachment 459462

I would have been tempted to open those Disney boxes :cool: Great trip and I appreciate you letting us tag along.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana