Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday afternoon a fawn hued Stetson Royal DeLuxe Open Road was my brim for hijinks.

i-52pnpKz-M.jpg

i-jkVNqgz-M.jpg

For this mornings escapades I was under the brim of a Stetson Playboy.

i-mJ32kgB-M.jpg

i-DK4HmFn-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
A great selection as ever Eric, what a great collection you have. I could be forgiven for the sin of covet.

hat69.jpg
One of Stefan's: "A week in hats," choice inspired today's hat, not that I'm green with envy........much!

Green hat & shirt 007.JPG

Full sun Sunday and out of the ordinary heat.
Autumn seems to have forgotten that it is the season of rain and fog.
View attachment 459437
I had prepared this hat for some time, but the gray day, to be in tone on tone, is hard to arrive and so here it is
View attachment 459438
Panizza Marca Oro size is 60 cm. so a 7 1/2 and the color of the felt is "Lapis" while the ribbon is color is still "Lapis"
A perfect tone on tone
View attachment 459439
The ORO Panizza line was a top of the range in the fifties of which the hat has the shapes and proportions.
Never used, it is a leftover from stock which, however, has fueled the travels of moths
View attachment 459440
I want to expressly thank all those who have appreciated my hats of the last few days.
Have a nice Sunday
The moths should have paid more respect for such a fine hat, Daniele.

Primo senza rivali!
Barbisio can make me wear a green hat; go figure! Grazie, Daniele.

Thank you Stefan. What a week from you this time around. Each time a scroll down I think I’ve seen the best. All fantastic. Leica is cool also for the camera connection
Thanks, Steve.

This vintage Borsalino is one of my favorite fall hats. Love the color for this season. I just need some pumpkin pie or sweet potato casserole and I'll be all set.

View attachment 459454 View attachment 459455 View attachment 459456 View attachment 459457 View attachment 459458
Great colour and wonderful looking felt as well, Bill.

Back to the home state of Florida for the last stop on our tour. A visit to the Magic Kingdom of Walt Disney World.… wearing a Whippet

View attachment 459463

Of course I had to stop and see my personal hatter

View attachment 459461

I was kind of amused at this display of Disney Hats hat boxes in a store window of Main Street USA knowing full well there is so connection of Walt Disney World to Disney Hats of New York other than the name. I’m kind of curious if the person who created the display ignored the fact or was oblivious to it. Cool display and amusing none the less.

View attachment 459462
I like the envious look the mad hatter has: he knows his business!

The moths should have paid more respect for such a fine hat, Daniele.

Barbisio can make me wear a green hat; go figure! Grazie, Daniele.

Thanks, Steve.

Great colour and wonderful looking felt as well, Bill.

I like the envious look the mad hatter has: he knows his business!
It's not easy being green!

StoryPNW

Practically Family
What was supposed to be a normal work day has turned into an impromptu road trip to go see my grandfather in the hospital. The Stetson Weekender, sage green with a 2 1/2" brim, is honestly nothing exceptional and I was going to pass it along but it may end up making its way into the work hat rotation. I do like the sage color. I believe this model is no longer in production, they make a similar hat but it is now wool not fur felt like this one.

Edit: just saw the label and it is moss colored not sage, close but no cigar.
20221024_113114.jpg
20221024_113139.jpg
20221024_113209.jpg
20221024_113231.jpg

Last edited:

Gary in NC

One of the Regulars
What was supposed to be a normal work day has turned into an impromptu road trip to go see my grandfather in the hospital. The Stetson Weekender, sage green with a 2 1/2" brim, is honestly nothing exceptional and I was going to pass it along but it may end up making its way into the work hat rotation. I do like the sage color. I believe this model is no longer in production, they make a similar hat but it is now wool not fur felt like this one. View attachment 459624 View attachment 459625 View attachment 459626 View attachment 459627
Yeah I agree that’s a good color, and a cool band too. Wishing the best for your grandfather.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Back to the home state of Florida for the last stop on our tour. A visit to the Magic Kingdom of Walt Disney World.… wearing a Whippet

View attachment 459463

Of course I had to stop and see my personal hatter

View attachment 459461

I was kind of amused at this display of Disney Hats hat boxes in a store window of Main Street USA knowing full well there is so connection of Walt Disney World to Disney Hats of New York other than the name. I’m kind of curious if the person who created the display ignored the fact or was oblivious to it. Cool display and amusing none the less.

View attachment 459462
You can't go home now, Joe. I'm loving your tour of the USA holiday photos.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
It may be that autumn is late in coming or Steve's visit, but I felt like digging up some velour hats that had been hiding for too long
E&T pelo nero 7a.jpg
Ecuyer & Thomas in black velour size 59 or 7 3/8 in the Usa.
It is one of the few hats in my possession with a velour finish that comes from France
E&T pelo nero 1.jpg

The quality is specified by a cursive ink writing on the paper label, but I cannot decipher it.
The felt is light and the finish slightly different from that of hats produced in Central Europe. It is less thick and lighter.
E&T pelo nero A.jpg
A hat that is proof of the quality of Ecuyer & Thomas, subcontractors for many French producers, who when they rarely produced under their own brand were superlatives
E&T pelo nero 5.jpg
Good day everyone and congratulations on your hats

C. G. Wilke "Flamand" possibly late 1920s early 1930s. This is a unique one with massive Brim Flange. Flamand is a unshorn Velour but in this case also a Mélange.

52454593883_87a714723a_h.jpg

52454063316_8a0124c797_h.jpg

52454345114_a78f04b516_h.jpg

52454605173_dc38696a9f_h.jpg

52454353769_a56577d7ed_h.jpg

Hat Factory C. G. Wilke, Guben advertisement from "Fabrikation von Damen- und Herren- Filzhüten, Der Deustchen Hutmacher Zeitung (1933)".

14283484083_abb114da53_b.jpg

The Wilke Hat has no Dark Side, but still in the Shadow, you can see the Wilke Hat"

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
It may be that autumn is late in coming or Steve's visit, but I felt like digging up some velour hats that had been hiding for too long
View attachment 459747
Ecuyer & Thomas in black velour size 59 or 7 3/8 in the Usa.
It is one of the few hats in my possession with a velour finish that comes from France
View attachment 459748
The quality is specified by a cursive ink writing on the paper label, but I cannot decipher it.
The felt is light and the finish slightly different from that of hats produced in Central Europe. It is less thick and lighter.
View attachment 459749
A hat that is proof of the quality of Ecuyer & Thomas, subcontractors for many French producers, who when they rarely produced under their own brand were superlatives
View attachment 459750
Good day everyone and congratulations on your hats
And congratulations on yours, Daniele. That one looks a beauty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112