Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Mighty44

One Too Many
Dobbs 15. This is a rock solid hat—thick warm felt, slightly stiff headband. The ultimate 1950s middle management commuter hat. Not fancy, not the most comfortable but respectable and dependable, keeps you dry and hides dirt well.

Hope you all are well!

David
52D6C8BF-8CA7-42DF-B636-524BF1907126.jpeg
4AF0B46C-CB2C-4D4C-888B-AFC0E8D16E47.jpeg

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
This afternoon under pearl gray clouds I thought of wearing a hat of the same color
Argento Guerra 1.jpg
Guerra 1855, Italian made, with no name and no felt color
Argento Guerra B.jpg

It is a size 58 and fits on my head with some difficulty, in fact you can see the shape lose substance as I placed it on my head
Argento Guerra 7.jpg
Very light and soft, it has an excellent fit even for me as I have a larger size.
The felt is a very particular long velour, like the other Guerra 1855 hats I own
Argento Guerra 8.jpg
I don't know if I already wrote it, everyone who has this size and loves this hat, can send me a message.
It look for a new home.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Green blazer grey hat and trousers 003.JPG
Yesterday, when wearing this hat and blazer, I got into one of those accidental scrapes in my car. Putting my hand up and asking the lady to get me a quote, she commented favourably on my appearance. A text came through today, I arranged to pay for the damages, knowing her address I called there. Her husband looked at me and said that his missus had commented to him the words: "You can't mistake him." Then added, "now I know exactly what she means."
Grey striped blazer 004.JPG

He signed off the quote as full and final payment, dating it and shook hands, then he said: "do you know, you've inspired me, I'm going to wear my hat again." And I know that he did because his wife texted me this evening and told me how much her husband went on about my hat, (and shoes.)

One more comment fellows, this is from both Tina & I. This evening she ate her first cooked meal since she came down with Covid. Her appearance is so different than it was on the 7th of January, when, I was so scared that I took her to the casualty hospital. She hasn't quite got her old, get up and go, yet, but my lady is well and truly on the mend. We sat and read all your well wishes again this evening, it was humbling. Her eyes welled up, then mine did too. You lot have much to answer for, making me cry indeed. Many, many thanks to all of you.
Tina & Robert.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 481820
Yesterday, when wearing this hat and blazer, I got into one of those accidental scrapes in my car. Putting my hand up and asking the lady to get me a quote, she commented favourably on my appearance. A text came through today, I arranged to pay for the damages, knowing her address I called there. Her husband looked at me and said that his missus had commented to him the words: "You can't mistake him." Then added, "now I know exactly what she means."
View attachment 481819
He signed off the quote as full and final payment, dating it and shook hands, then he said: "do you know, you've inspired me, I'm going to wear my hat again." And I know that he did because his wife texted me this evening and told me how much her husband went on about my hat, (and shoes.)

One more comment fellows, this is from both Tina & I. This evening she ate her first cooked meal since she came down with Covid. Her appearance is so different than it was on the 7th of January, when, I was so scared that I took her to the casualty hospital. She hasn't quite got her old, get up and go, yet, but my lady is well and truly on the mend. We sat and read all your well wishes again this evening, it was humbling. Her eyes welled up, then mine did too. You lot have much to answer for, making me cry indeed. Many, many thanks to all of you.
Tina & Robert.
Your sartorial elegance is an inspiration to us all, Robert. Your dear lady has more than an inspirational artistic hand in that.

Glad to hear Tina is on the mend. May her recovery be swift and without long term complications.

Love and the best of wishes to you both.

The Shoe

One Too Many
View attachment 481820
View attachment 481819

Tina & Robert.
Great to hear she’s through the worst of it.

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
View attachment 481820
View attachment 481819

Tina & Robert.

May I add my best wishes to your wife and you. The fedora looks the part and I would guess your shoes are Italian calf? Ensemble definitely works.

View attachment 481820
View attachment 481819

Tina & Robert.
Wonderful news. So glad to hear she is feeling better

GHT

I'll Lock Up
t.Glad to hear Tina is on the mend. May her recovery be swift and without long term complications.
Great to hear she’s through the worst of it.
Love and the best of wishes to you both.
Happy news indeed!
May I add my best wishes to your wife and you.
Wonderful news. So glad to hear she is feeling better
To you all for your kind sentiments, thank you. You are all a tonic that beats any prescription.

Do any of you still wear a vest? In the UK we call them waistcoats, Tina has made a number of them for me. Some are a distinct wear alone and others like this one are made from the same fabric as the trousers. They compliment The Stetson Sovereign perfectly.
suit20.JPG suit21.JPG

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
To you all for your kind sentiments, thank you. You are all a tonic that beats any prescription.

Do any of you still wear a vest? In the UK we call them waistcoats, Tina has made a number of them for me. Some are a distinct wear alone and others like this one are made from the same fabric as the trousers. They compliment The Stetson Sovereign perfectly.
View attachment 481971 View attachment 481972
I wear waistcoats a lot, Robert. I find them very stylish. Your double breasted one in the photo is particularly so. Another gem from the hands of your dear lady.

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many

Waistcoat not since my Para Regiment full dress with black vest and red jacket. Yours is spot on.

The Shoe

One Too Many

I started wearing waistcoats fairly regularly about two or three years ago. I wear them both casually and when dressing up a bit. I also now tend towards three piece suits, too.

I have a number of them in tweeds. I find them the perfect winter addition under a tweed sports jacket or leather jacket on the mild winter days here on the west coast. They provide body warmth without the bulk plus they look great.

Gary in NC

One of the Regulars

I think that's a good look. I haven't owned a vest like that in decades and kind of forgot about it.

As of recent years I now tend to enjoy mixing dressy things with casual things, and this makes me wonder if a vest and button down shirt would look good with jeans, Chelsea boots, and a bowler on top.

The Shoe

One Too Many

I wear waistcoats a lot, Robert. I find them very stylish. Your double breasted one in the photo is particularly so. Another gem from the hands of your dear lady.

I have a number of them in tweeds. I find them the perfect winter addition under a tweed sports jacket or leather jacket on the mild winter days here on the west coast. They provide body warmth without the bulk plus they look great.

I think that's a good look. I haven't owned a vest like that in decades and kind of forgot about it.

As of recent years I now tend to enjoy mixing dressy things with casual things, and this makes me wonder if a vest and button down shirt would look good with jeans, Chelsea boots, and a bowler on top.
On a slightly related note, I’ve been curious about braces/suspenders. Does anyone wear them? My father hated his as a child, so I was never made to or encouraged to wear them. Obviously it’s subjective, but I’ve read that they’re better than a belt, especially with a waistcoat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner