Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Mighty44

One Too Many
One of my conversions. This was once a too small Churchill Western that came to me by way of alan. It's been blocked up in size and converted to a fedora. It sports a tall straight crown with a Center Dent and a dimensional brim at 2 3/4 front to back and 2 1/2 inches on the sides. I'm not sure what the hat color's called but it pairs up nice with this 1 1/2 Burgundy ribbon.

Churchill-3.jpg

Churchill-4.jpg

Churchill-2.jpg

Churchill-1.jpg
Nice, Terry!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Our "Fall weather" had me wearing a straw (PHD) yesterday after and evening.

IMG_7393-M.jpg

The Minnesota morning found the low temps at 59'f (15'c). A fedora worn during my morning jaunt was perfect. I chose a Stetson Stratoliner in Cadet Blue.

E094BBB1-513D-4E79-89D9-CBA42687B265.-M.jpg

IMG_7398-M.jpg

IMG_7397-M.jpg

IMG_7400-M.jpg

IMG_7401-M.jpg

I enjoyed some Costa Rican single source coffee under the brim of a VS fedora. This sage beaver thin ribbon was inspired by the Stetson Stratoliner.

7543176E-73D0-4EAA-94DB-AF5919ACDC45.-M.jpg

IMG_7408-M.jpg

IMG_7409-M.jpg

IMG_7413-M.jpg

Cheers to all who are persevering the slower version of The Fedora Lounge, Eric -

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
I chose a Stetson Stratoliner in Cadet Blue.

E094BBB1-513D-4E79-89D9-CBA42687B265.-M.jpg

IMG_7398-M.jpg

IMG_7397-M.jpg

IMG_7400-M.jpg

IMG_7401-M.jpg
What a gorgeous Stratoliner! I didn’t realize they came in Premier. And boy that color is really dynamite!

Yet I’m surprised you chose such an apparently light hat (without even a liner) for a sub-60 degree morning. Is that felt somehow particularly suitable for cooler temps? I would have thought it more of a summer hat?

Just curious, though I completely understand choosing it for no practical reason at all. It is certainly a classic beauty. Thanks for showing, as always!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
What a gorgeous Stratoliner! I didn’t realize they came in Premier. And boy that color is really dynamite!

Yet I’m surprised you chose such an apparently light hat (without even a liner) for a sub-60 degree morning. Is that felt somehow particularly suitable for cooler temps? I would have thought it more of a summer hat?

Just curious, though I completely understand choosing it for no practical reason at all. It is certainly a classic beauty. Thanks for showing, as always!

Thanks for the hat compliment Nathan. I do like wearing unlined and lighter hats during early Minnesota Fall. After an hour+ soirée through the wooded neighborhoods on a morning walkabout I do need to wipe the leather sweats of my hats. Truly 60'f weather is still warm for me. My fav season is late Fall and winter. I welcome the cooler temps. This said, I have first world challenges of selecting which hat from many and often I choose them just because.

Cheers, Eric -

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Thanks for the hat compliment Nathan. I do like wearing unlined and lighter hats during early Minnesota Fall. After an hour+ soirée through the wooded neighborhoods on a morning walkabout I do need to wipe the leather sweats of my hats. Truly 60'f weather is still warm for me. My fav season is late Fall and winter. I welcome the cooler temps. This said, I have first world challenges of selecting which hat from many and often I choose them just because.

Cheers, Eric -
I certainly understand “just because” and I also understand working up a sweat even in cooler temps.

Best to you, thanks again!

Last edited:

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Greetings All:
Today…the return of the illusive Camoliner, then and now.
Some new members may never have seen this fine old Strat and ask who would defile such a classic?? Other’s might say that’s a heck of a good topographic map hat.
I just say…wasn’t me but where else are you going to find a camouflaged wind trolley other then at the lounge!
Be well and safe.
Bowen
78376EBA-AFBC-4895-998A-7D674E26933A.jpeg
0899E5D6-44F8-4CCE-9129-AC0324A5F14C.jpeg
44FC2D6E-4BC7-4F39-8120-256A6DF92981.jpeg
BE6FC503-A760-4639-8291-CC1E629F90BA.jpeg

hambone71

Practically Family
Greetings All:
Some new members may never have seen this fine old Strat and ask who would defile such a classic?? Other’s might say that’s a heck of a good topographic map hat.
I just say…wasn’t me but where else are you going to find a camouflaged wind trolley other then at the lounge!
Be well and safe.
Bowen View attachment 547704 View attachment 547705 View attachment 547706 View attachment 547707

In the wild, even!

Catch anything?

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
I celebrate the autumn equinox to hope the scorching heat of summer is finally over
Borsalino Roth 4.jpg

For the occasion I am wearing a Borsalino made for the American market, probably in the 1950s
Borsalino Roth 1.jpg
Its shape is deceptive Its because it suggests that he came out of the Alessandria factory in the 1930s, but this is not the case. It's a magnificent reproduction exclusively for a shop in New York whose name I can't remember now.
Borsalino Roth 2.jpg
The color of the felt is "Lupo" and the belt is "Nera", the size is 7 3/8.
Borsalino Roth 3.jpg

I'm sheltering under the branches of the wisteria which still needs to be pruned this year.

A nice, low-key Wormser for morning perambulations and lunch excursions.

View attachment 547698 View attachment 547699 View attachment 547700
A fine looking Wormser, Jim

Greetings All:
Be well and safe.
Bowen View attachment 547704 View attachment 547705 View attachment 547706 View attachment 547707
if we are patient enough we are lucky to get another glimpse
Ah... autumn. I love to start with a strat. This early edition (1941-42) was my choice today.

View attachment 547740

View attachment 547743

View attachment 547742

View attachment 547741
Truly fantastic

StoryPNW

One Too Many
It's been a very nice Friday so far, beautiful fall weather, I love my 4 - 10s work schedule. I started off the morning with errands and breakfast with my wife in my unlined Playboy.
20230922_104045.jpg

Then as it got a little warmer I switched up and wore my new USFS Stetson straw, it has a 3" brim and a 5" crown. Unfortunately Stetson's version of a LO and my head are still not quite the same, but close enough not to give me a headache.
20230922_123033.jpg
20230922_123034.jpg
20230922_113808.jpg
20230922_122724.jpg

hambone71

Practically Family
Thanks Phil! I hope you're enjoying this gorgeous weather we're having. You gonna watch Ole Miss beat up Alabama tomorrow? ;)
Funny you should mention that! My fiancé is from Northeast Mississippi and she is an Ole Miss fan through and through. After Bama’s piss-poor performance last week against South Florida, I have already conceded to an Ole Miss victory for her. I told her I’d get her a congratulatory cake to celebrate a rare Ole Miss win against Alabama, even though it’s my birthday weekend (today, actually). And yes, we’ll be watching it together. I still secretly hope we beat the devil outta them Rebels. But I have a feeling I’m gonna hear Hotty Toddy for a while tomorrow and the next several days.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Funny you should mention that! My fiancé is from Northeast Mississippi and she is an Ole Miss fan through and through. After Bama’s piss-poor performance last week against South Florida, I have already conceded to an Ole Miss victory for her. I told her I’d get her a congratulatory cake to celebrate a rare Ole Miss win against Alabama, even though it’s my birthday weekend (today, actually). And yes, we’ll be watching it together. I still secretly hope we beat the devil outta them Rebels. But I have a feeling I’m gonna hear Hotty Toddy for a while tomorrow and the next several days.
Happy birthday Phil! I hope your fiancé found you a bodacious vintage fedora but I agree that you might end up being the one to buy a cake.

Me I root for my Gators but I wouldn’t mind three straight for Georgia. Mostly I enjoy a good matchup and this one looks close.

Have a fantastic weekend brother. If you’re like me, it’s a great year to be 39 again!

Last edited:
I celebrate the autumn equinox to hope the scorching heat of summer is finally over
View attachment 547745

For the occasion I am wearing a Borsalino made for the American market, probably in the 1950s
View attachment 547750
Its shape is deceptive Its because it suggests that he came out of the Alessandria factory in the 1930s, but this is not the case. It's a magnificent reproduction exclusively for a shop in New York whose name I can't remember now.
View attachment 547751
The color of the felt is "Lupo" and the belt is "Nera", the size is 7 3/8.
View attachment 547757

I'm sheltering under the branches of the wisteria which still needs to be pruned this year.
Glad to see you Daniele. Hope you are doing well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
girlmom