Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

The Shoe

One Too Many
Inspired by Terry’s kind comments a while back, I decided to wear my Resistol Roper today.
IMG_1163.jpeg
IMG_1164.jpeg

The Resistol isn’t very practical in the car, so my driving cap got some wear, too.
IMG_1162.jpeg

Etsuko wore one of her Akubra Leisure Times.
IMG_1166.jpeg
IMG_1167.jpeg

Later, I wore my barbecue hat - my Akubra Cattleman - for grilling chicken on the shichirin.
IMG_1165.jpeg
IMG_1168.jpeg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Inspired by Terry’s kind comments a while back, I decided to wear my Resistol Roper today.
View attachment 568472 View attachment 568473
The Resistol isn’t very practical in the car, so my driving cap got some wear, too.
View attachment 568471
View attachment 568475 View attachment 568476
Later, I wore my barbecue hat - my Akubra Cattleman - for grilling chicken on the shichirin.
View attachment 568474 View attachment 568485
Awesome! I like that Roper! The other hats that you and your lady are wearing are nice too, but, I really like that Resistol! Reminds me of John Dutton, (Kevin Costner).

Attachments

• yellowstone-john-dutton-season-2-green-jacket-600x800.jpg
    yellowstone-john-dutton-season-2-green-jacket-600x800.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 47

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
It is my belief that we each have certain physical features that lend themselves to certain hat and clothing styles. In other words, I believe certain hat colors and styles seem to best "fit us", almost as if we were born to naturally wear a certain hat. This is all to say, Gary, that that black western fits you perfectly. It looks like you have been wearing western hats your entire life. A black vest and a good pair of boots and you could be an actor in any western movie ever made. That big western is just your style. A sharp dressed man, indeed.

View attachment 568472 View attachment 568473
View attachment 568471
View attachment 568475 View attachment 568476
View attachment 568474 View attachment 568485

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
It is my belief that we each have certain physical features that lend themselves to certain hat and clothing styles. In other words, I believe certain hat colors and styles seem to best "fit us", almost as if we were born to naturally wear a certain hat. This is all to say, Gary, that that black western fits you perfectly. It looks like you have been wearing western hats your entire life. A black vest and a good pair of boots and you could be an actor in any western movie ever made. That big western is just your style. A sharp dressed man, indeed.
Agreed!

The Shoe

One Too Many
Awesome! I like that Roper! The other hats that you and your lady are wearing are nice too, but, I really like that Resistol! Reminds me of John Dutton, (Kevin Costner).
Thanks again, Terry. It does look a very similar hat.
I do own a black vest. No cowboy style boots, though. Anyhow, I doubt they’ll be hiring a 10 stone weakling with a funny mixed up accent to play a role in any upcoming western movie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn