Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Lion Hats was My travel hat from this past extended weekend as we visited some long time friends in the Louisville, Kentucky area and got to meet some of my wife’s newly discovered kin in Versailles. Was mostly rainy in the upper 40s lower 50s first few days… but Sunday was a beautiful crystal clear day in the 30s and 40s. Helped out my DJ friend with a cancer fundraiser fashion show event which unbeknownst to me was called Hats for Hope but happened to work out quite nicely for me and my standard headwear. We Headed to the airport yesterday morning in the low twenties and returned home to the eighties. My hat is resting on the stump of a tree recently cut down on my wife’s uncle‘s beautiful property as its limbs were rotting and was becoming a danger to their house. I imagine this might be what my hats would look like resting on the posts Brent uses to photograph his hats on :D:p:p;)

IMG_20240308_162329166_HDR_Original.jpeg
IMG_20240310_105222077_HDR_Original.jpeg
IMG_20240312_095919623_Original.jpeg
IMG_20240310_110553003_BURST000_COVER_Original.jpeg
IMG_20240310_095805635_HDR_Original.jpeg

Birthday celebrations for me this weekend. My turn to get some oni-denim jeans.
View attachment 598657 View attachment 598658
I celebrated by watching Stop Making Sense on the big screen. I had to go two prefectures over. There were 10 people in the theatre. Nine of them sat quietly and watched. Meanwhile, I was dancing away in the aisle like a maniac. So much fun! My Hornskov Black Cherry Emissary kept my head happy.
View attachment 598660 View attachment 598661
Etsuko wore a Maxim in a similar colour.
View attachment 598662 View attachment 598663
Happy Birthday Gary!!

I resume publishing Flechet's trio, strictly in grey, each with its own variations.
View attachment 598698
This has a blue background in the color of the felt which is particularly noticeable in the shade.
It is certainly the most "modern" of the Flechets of this group.
View attachment 598699
The felt is very soft and malleable even if the brims are rigid to give this shape to the hat which is reminiscent of other products from the hat house represented by the lily flower.
View attachment 598710
Flechet De Luxe size 60 or 7 1/2 in the States.
The color of the felt is that of a French river "Meuse" and the quality is "Pilote Uni Ras"
View attachment 598700
The ribbon is the same color as the felt which has this color between dark gray and blue, but what is interesting is the shape of the hat which is that of a "lord hat" with some small variations as well as some in melusine from the same manufacturer I showed in the past days.
View attachment 598701
Thank you for your appreciation and continue to show me your collections that make me happy.
Very nice Daniele

A high wind advisory today called for a short-brim, tight-fit hat—and so the Rogers Peet Palco. Walking around downtown at lunchtime was like walking into a sand storm—got in my eyes and mouth and collar, but with my head tilted into the wind my hat stayed put.
View attachment 598844 View attachment 598845

WOW!

One heck of a hat, Perry!

Black pipe......black Borsalino Gran Lusso. In the past......also a black beard :)
View attachment 598894
Looking good Marcel.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
I have two custom made hats and some restored ones.
Melegari F1.jpg
Very little of what I have accumulated in ready-made hats over the past fifteen years.
Melegari 1a.jpg

Melegari - hatter in Milan, made in 2016 and one thousand six hundred and fifty-ninth hat from the Melegari workshop.
Melegari C.jpg
Size 60cm. or 7 1/2 in the US.
The felt is "Beige" very soft and thin, the ribbon in the same color.
Melegari 2.jpg
My experience with Melegari was excellent, as well as with Gannon, but I decided that it wasn't worth waiting long times having the possibility on the market to find splendid hats in need of a second life.
Melegari A.jpg
Thanks for the likes and congratulations to all you loungers for the hats you show off every day.

VoodooSan

Practically Family
Lion Hats was My travel hat from this past extended weekend as we visited some long time friends in the Louisville, Kentucky area and got to meet some of my wife’s newly discovered kin in Versailles. Was mostly rainy in the upper 40s lower 50s first few days… but Sunday was a beautiful crystal clear day in the 30s and 40s. Helped out my DJ friend with a cancer fundraiser fashion show event which unbeknownst to me was called Hats for Hope but happened to work out quite nicely for me and my standard headwear. We Headed to the airport yesterday morning in the low twenties and returned home to the eighties. My hat is resting on the stump of a tree recently cut down on my wife’s uncle‘s beautiful property as its limbs were rotting and was becoming a danger to their house. I imagine this might be what my hats would look like resting on the posts Brent uses to photograph his hats on :D:p:p;)

View attachment 598915 View attachment 598916 View attachment 598917 View attachment 598918 View attachment 598919
That is a beauty, Joe!

View attachment 598915 View attachment 598916 View attachment 598917 View attachment 598918 View attachment 598919
That's a nice one, Joe. Cool ribbon and brim binding.

I have two custom made hats and some restored ones.
View attachment 598932
Very little of what I have accumulated in ready-made hats over the past fifteen years.
View attachment 598933
Melegari - hatter in Milan, made in 2016 and one thousand six hundred and fifty-ninth hat from the Melegari workshop.
View attachment 598934
Size 60cm. or 7 1/2 in the US.
The felt is "Beige" very soft and thin, the ribbon in the same color.
View attachment 598935
My experience with Melegari was excellent, as well as with Gannon, but I decided that it wasn't worth waiting long times having the possibility on the market to find splendid hats in need of a second life.
View attachment 598936
Thanks for the likes and congratulations to all you loungers for the hats you show off every day.
Melegari got that one right, Daniele. That hat has presence!

Might well be your finest Dalton, Jim. Really like that one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland