Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
You have an ability to wear a rounded crown better. It's just your style I suppose. Can't remember but think you play 6 strings. Are you a front man in the band or non vocal? Of course you mightn't be a guitarist, my memory is shagged and haven't popped in for a while

I can make my way around six strings, if they’re all there! But usually I play two reeds and 88 keys. I don’t sing , but I play like a front man. [emoji23]
Thanks for the comments!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Jeff, I really like the way you look in your Western derbies. I always get a hankerin' to watch "McCabe and Mrs. Miller" again! Good look for you!

View attachment 153430

Thanks again! I must see this— is it a movie? That is a cool look. Liam Neeson had something similar in THe Ballad of Buster Scruggs, and of course I thought it was sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Moon and now you. Something’s in the air. Good to see you back here, Karl.

Is this a sign of the a-Bob-colypse?

Bob_Roberts.PNG

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Is this a sign of the a-Bob-colypse?

View attachment 153591

So this is the man, the myth, the legend. Finally, I can put a face to a name. After seeing all the references I spent some time last weekend digging through old posts to find out what exactly shook down.

In related news, just saw her on a Seinfeld rerun the other night.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
It warmed up to 5'f today. I am finally home and it is -6f....brrrr. Cap weather. Fortunate to have just the ticket, a Cordova Cap (eight panel Harris wool).

i-S82Fpc6-M.jpg

i-KmFxr7r-M.jpg

Tonight I am enjoying the "new" old faces of Karl, Anthony and Charles(spoke via a post a couple days ago) - A Big Hey fellows! Glad to see your posts. I missed your contributions. Additionally, I am enjoying and certainly a bit envious of ALL the folks who are wearing hats. I remember that weather.

Best to all, Eric -

Thanks man. I really do enjoy them. Far more than the older D’Orsay curled ones. Maybe my round stature works with a round crown. Ha!
Remember those vintage guidelines that have been posted here elsewhere? I'm not sure what it says about body types & derbies but I'm sure you fall into the guidelines with your height & shoulders. I mean that as a sincere compliment. The scruff whiskers add to the Western Derby look.

A bigger man in a Derby makes the hat look dinky, too cartoonish like Wimpy or Oliver Hardy.

Thanks again! I must see this— is it a movie?
1970 movie. Set in the wintertime snow, your weather made me think of it even more.

IMG_0696.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21