Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here

DRB

One Too Many
Optimo for this overcast Friday.
2f72a336da64f8e4d24d576f9a701904.jpg
87f6e00c410d184b3592245cd87330f2.jpg
1f9b41c7ae660e05bd52181619e1022b.jpg

Thanks for all the likes and kind words. The hat show has been great this week. Everyone have a wonderful holiday weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's an amazing hat. I like everything about it.

DRB

One Too Many
Thanks, DRB. The more I wear it, the more I like it. I had it out in a downpour this evening, and it held up pretty well.

That's the ultimate test of a great hat. The ability to withstand a downpour and bouce back. Looks great on you. Who needs an umbrella!

Very nice, Stefan. It looks brand new. Was the flange that nice looking when you got it, or did you need to work it a bit?
Thanks, Jim. It was worn, but not much and is as good as new. The flange was this way when I got it. Not every hat wears this well brim up (most of them make me look more goofy than usual).

Really suits you, Stefan. I bet that Dobbs is going get a lot of wear.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
I see you've got an American theme going on this weekend, Stefan [emoji4]. Love the ribbon colour contrast on that one.

Thanks, Steve. I did in fact wear the Dobbs again today (brim down this time) but my phone didn't cooperate.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Gray day for a Borsalino of the same color
BorsaTronca 1.jpg

Qualità Speciale size 6 1/2 or 60 cm. and 7 1/2 US Recent production, so no other indications
BorsaTronca 2.jpg
Very soft felt, like that of the "Traveler" model but with a lining, A special stitching trim the brim.
BorsaTronca 4.jpg
Very difficult to keep in shape and also extremely informal in its profile variability.
An artist's hat, as we say here in Italy :)
BorsaTronca 6.jpg
It has some flaws (a sign of a moth, the lining to be put back on its original position and the ribbon to be fixed)
This is an example of which way to go so I have some doubts about how to act. To keep as it is? Restore? Sell?
BorsaTronca 8.jpg

Here are the questions I asked myself last year, doing a detailed examination of my collection, and like this Borsalino there are others that I honestly have a lot of doubts about.
Buon Sabato!

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Barbisio Homburg today.
129fd1189bd2778cd74f8f69e3488ae4.jpg

It was time you gave Barbisio a ride and listened to Stefan about the shape to give it ;)

Very nice, Daniele. Made by Fléchet? The labels look the same.
Stefan, it is interesting to note that in the production of French hats there has been a shift from identifiable suppliers due to their quality to a progressive shrinking of the producers until it seems that there are at most two sources of production, sometimes poor. However in my opinion it is also a Flechet production

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 164693
Qualità Speciale size 6 1/2 or 60 cm. and 7 1/2 US Recent production, so no other indications
View attachment 164694
Very soft felt, like that of the "Traveler" model but with a lining, A special stitching trim the brim.
View attachment 164696
Very difficult to keep in shape and also extremely informal in its profile variability.
View attachment 164697
It has some flaws (a sign of a moth, the lining to be put back on its original position and the ribbon to be fixed)
This is an example of which way to go so I have some doubts about how to act. To keep as it is? Restore? Sell?
View attachment 164698
Here are the questions I asked myself last year, doing a detailed examination of my collection, and like this Borsalino there are others that I honestly have a lot of doubts about.
Buon Sabato!
Nice looking modern Borsalino, Daniele. You seem to have a gift for making any hat look good on you.
It's very similar to a recent Barbisio I picked up from Stefan. Light felt and not so easy to keep in shape. Now I know that it's to be called an "Artist's hat" I'm more at ease with it [emoji4].

View attachment 164693
View attachment 164694
View attachment 164696
View attachment 164697
View attachment 164698
Buon Sabato!
Very nice, Daniele and a relatable question: what to do with this hat? I find that it's easier to say goodbye to a hat when taking into consideration the number of better hats that are in the collection. The lesser ones (or the ones that don't fit right) just won't get any head time. The challenge is more to find a decent home for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn