Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

JessieJames

One of the Regulars
hat.jpg
I wore my 1950 Stetson OR all weekend and my hats normally get a lot of attention but definitely got a lot more attention this time around. This hat is going to get a lot air time, it's my favourite so far, I feel bad for my other hats. I went to a food event and the photographers and videographers kept coming around.

My favourite moment was when I went into a store, and the store attendant at the entrance went:
Store attendant: DAYUMMM, nice hat. That hat probably costs more than my entire outfit.
Me: probably :p

(LEFT is me getting photographed, RIGHT is me next to an uber tall guy and I just couldn't help it)

Last edited:

Hat and Rehat

Call Me a Cab
Today I went with a twill flat cap; one with actual snap. I remember my dad having a couple of these when I was in grade school.
It's black because this morning we went to the hospital to say our final farewells to my sister, again. It was time for them to part her out to give other people a future. I could have done without it.
I cleaned my black felts last night, intending to share them with my brother-in-law, brother and nephew for mourmins sake, and I also have three black women's felts that are like loose bowlers with monochrome trims. The may actually be made as mourning hats.
We were supposed to be there at 5:30, but my wife thought it was 6:00 and woke me late. I knew everyone else would have already gone to the room when we arrived, so nixed felt and grabbed something else black.
I've never been very excited about flat caps, but like this one.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Hat and Rehat

Call Me a Cab
Today I went with a twill flat cap; one with an actual snap. I remember my dad having a couple of these when I was in grade school.
It's black because this morning we went to the hospital to say our final farewells to my sister, again. It was time for them to part her out to give other people a future. I could have done without it.
I cleaned my black felts last night, intending to share them with my brother-in-law, brother and nephew for mourmings sake, and I also have three black women's felts that are like loose bowlers with monochrome trims. The may actually have been made as mourning hats.
We were supposed to be there at 5:30, but my wife thought it was 6:00 and woke me late. I knew everyone else would have already gone to the room when we arrived, so nixed felt and grabbed something else black.

0616eb40d997042e711032085e2d84e3.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I wore my 1950 Stetson OR all weekend and my hats normally get a lot of attention but definitely got a lot more attention this time around. This hat is going to get a lot air time, it's my favourite so far, I feel bad for my other hats. I went to a food event and the photographers and videographers kept coming around.
Happens to me all the time, must be the old car.
Christchurch quay 007.JPG

JessieJames

One of the Regulars
I like old pens too, got some off my grandpa, I'll smoke a cigar once in a while, I'm like an old man in some ways lol I just need to get into scotch or whiskey (although I did chug a 1oz of Louis XIII before, I really didn't know the price on that one, and the 2nd ounce I got I sipped) and get that old school car. I also do enjoy nice watches, non digital. Too bad we sold my grandpa's old Mercedes a while back.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
60D9D53E-98F2-4D94-ACF9-F28C42993EB4.jpeg
45421677-2D5A-45B3-8CF9-E5F574679870.jpeg
7ACFFABF-C8C4-4E99-8AFE-558C01886F59.jpeg
Greetings All:
Today....confessions of a hat addict, hoarder...whatever.
I am sitting dwelling on having just committed to selling one of my hats. I’ve never sold one of the kids. It’s one of my 7X CB ORs.
That hurts just to say it!
I don’t have anyone to talk to about it, the dog ignored me, cruel dog, thus the post.
I feel like the dam has broken and damn, it feels weird. It’s not the money, it’s not like i’m deprived, just depraved i guess.
Thanks, i feel better.

Knox, old, light as a feather and you all may recognize the signature crease.
No, that’s not a wind trolley, it’s ribbon.
Be well. Bowen

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Haven’t been in much of a hat mood the last few days, as I had to lay my poor Tasha to rest.
Sitting on my deck without my furry companion this morning, but with my Falcon Park lawless reproduction.
You all look great and are showing some incredible lids.
Thanks for the distraction.

c29b3a29a4334c317dd42e679d8fcacb.jpg

d42d92f36a4567fca23f5f58401310cc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So sorry Jeff. I know that heartbreak. After i put down my Malamute, Mariah, took me 25 years to get another companion. People are people but a good dog, we all learn how to live from. So sorry.
Bowen

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Today I went with a twill flat cap; one with actual snap. I remember my dad having a couple of these when I was in grade school.
I cleaned my black felts last night, intending to share them with my brother-in-law, brother and nephew for mourmins sake, and I also have three black women's felts that are like loose bowlers with monochrome trims. The may actually be made as mourning hats.

H&R:
My heartfelt grief for you and your family. Prayers for peace and closure during your time of mourning.
B

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up

My favourite moment was when I went into a store, and the store attendant at the entrance went:
Store attendant: DAYUMMM, nice hat. That hat probably costs more than my entire outfit.
Me: probably :p

(LEFT is me getting photographed, RIGHT is me next to an uber tall guy and I just couldn't help it)
JJ:
Let’s see some closeups of that coveted beauty!!
B

quikrick

One Too Many
View attachment 168765 View attachment 168766 View attachment 168767 Greetings All:
I am sitting dwelling on having just committed to selling one of my hats. I’ve never sold one of the kids. It’s one of my 7X CB ORs.
I don’t have anyone to talk to about it, the dog ignored me, cruel dog, thus the post.
I feel like the dam has broken and damn, it feels weird. It’s not the money, it’s not like i’m deprived, just depraved i guess.
Thanks, i feel better.

Be well. Bowen
It's ok Bowen, You'll be alright. It's ok to be vulnerable every once in a while.

Haven’t been in much of a hat mood the last few days, as I had to lay my poor Tasha to rest.
Sitting on my deck without my furry companion this morning, but with my Falcon Park lawless reproduction.
You all look great and are showing some incredible lids.
Thanks for the distraction.

c29b3a29a4334c317dd42e679d8fcacb.jpg

d42d92f36a4567fca23f5f58401310cc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear about your loss, Jeff. I can’t imagine a life without my animals, but they can sure break your heart when they move on. Two years ago we had to say goodbye to our lab: none of my children could remember a time he wasn’t with us. He raised my kids as much as I did. He listened to my fears and worries and never judged me. Complete and total unconditional love. I still get choked up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

View attachment 168765 View attachment 168766 View attachment 168767 Greetings All:
Thanks, i feel better.

Be well. Bowen

The first is always the hardest.

Beautiful Knox. I wish 40Cal stopped by more often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, i feel better.

Be well. Bowen
You may have sold one of the "kids", Bowen, but you've still a "few" left. That Knox is a keeper for sure. Great colour, shape, and super ribbon.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112