1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Discussion in 'Hats' started by AbbaDatDeHat, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Hat and Rehat

Hat and Rehat One of the Regulars

Nice smile.
    After Johnny Ringo, our last dog, died, I resisted another for a long time. I was missing my old friend.
    My wife didn't give up and now Sundance (AKA; "The Kid") is as loyal a friend as Ringo was. Time has a way of softening things, despite what we think.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

hatsRme, BobHufford, DOGMAN and 3 others like this.
  2. scottyrocks

scottyrocks I'll Lock Up

1950s Cavanagh, reddish brown (the fluorescents don't do it justice), wide ribbon.

cav brown_20190516_065729_400x397.jpg cav brown_20190516_065731_400x396.jpg cav brown_20190516_065733_400x423.jpg cav brown_20190516_065735_400x432.jpg

3. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

In the straw hat thread M Hatman wrote:
    I didn't know, so I looked it up. Thank goodness the sun had his hat on yesterday, it inspired me to wear a sunny straw hat. Today is drawing day, notebook day & biographer's day. Not much there, unless you blog. I don't, but my car does, well not blog but write a journal:
    Jessica's file 001.JPG
    Not only that, my car is such a snob that she has her own lectern to display her journal on:
    display stand.png
    So in keeping with yesterday's sunshine here's Jessica showing off in the sunshine after a spruce up. (I bet you didn't know that MG means: My Girlfriend.)
    aloha 160.jpg
    Tomorrow, it's bike (bicycle) to work day, but if you are retired, or cycling to work means taking your life in your hands, it's also pizza party day. That sounds interesting.

4. Michael A

Michael A I'll Lock Up

5. fabiovenhorst

fabiovenhorst One Too Many

Vintage Prada fedora
    img-7 (3).jpg

6. drmaxtejeda

drmaxtejeda I'll Lock Up

Wearing another Cross Country today. This one's green.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

7. Tukwila

Tukwila One Too Many

Nice vintage Champ in the rain. 40s, I'm told.

20190516_073605.jpg

steur, fabiovenhorst, DOGMAN and 24 others like this.
  8. Steve1857

Steve1857 Practically Family

Great Panama, Michael, and super ribbon.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

deadlyhandsome and Michael A like this.
  9. Steve1857

Steve1857 Practically Family

I'm the opposite of Stefan, Max. I love green hats and everything about that CC is very nice indeed.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

steur, deadlyhandsome and drmaxtejeda like this.
  10. hatsRme

hatsRme I'll Lock Up

DA925214-92E7-483A-BB12-012AEC66A513.jpeg 214800C9-1D5C-4B06-B809-4605566F83A8.jpeg 6D0216F4-1A1B-4923-8EA0-7FBB449CD84E.jpeg 24619C9C-52EA-4394-9C77-CD7844F23CDC.jpeg 3305EC9B-BBF6-42B9-8876-63D2B7F96734.jpeg The overcast/rainy past two days has seriously parched my mellow, not to mention has delayed the start of straw hat season by a couple of days. Oh, the HORROR!!!

VS steel to frolic in the lilacs...

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  11. JessieJames

JessieJames One of the Regulars

ahhh I thought it was maybe a silverbelly but it looked so much lighter color than mine but that could be due to lighting/camera

deadlyhandsome likes this.
  12. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

Charlie frolicking in the lilacs. Now there's a visual.

No frolicking for me today. Well maybe later. In the meantime I will be here under this 3XOR watching Charlie.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

13. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

Yeah, there are so many different shades of "silverbelly" and every monitor projects them differently.

Tukwila and deadlyhandsome like this.
  14. drmaxtejeda

drmaxtejeda I'll Lock Up

hatsRme, deadlyhandsome and M Hatman like this.
  15. drmaxtejeda

drmaxtejeda I'll Lock Up

How could anyone not like green? Geez.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

16. ruvort

ruvort One of the Regulars

Looking good!

I like those hat stands in the background, by the way. Are you willing to share more info on them?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

17. scottyrocks

scottyrocks I'll Lock Up

DOGMAN and hatsRme like this.
  18. JessieJames

I'm not wearing this but I finally got my vintage Borsalino hat today.

(had to ship it to someone in the States, then they shipped it to me, so I paid double shipping + some broker fees because I used my company's address, what a mess).

And the original posting said grey. But it's honestly a beige, I'm quite disappointed because I have 3 hats now in this color and I wanted a light grey which is what I thought I was purchasing.

The photos they had for the hat, one was outside and was more beige looking I figured that was because of the sun or bad lighting, and they had one in an "indoors setting" and that definitely looked grey. I moved my hat around in different environments and it's still a beige or taupe. I'm a designer and I know my colours. This is a beige, if I'm pushing it, I can say there is a hint of grey but it's definitely NOT a grey.

I'm not sure what to do, I just contacted the seller, but if I have to ship this back and all, I'll have spent like 100$ on all the shipping.

Original ebay item
    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/123700591063

My hat
    20190516_130211.jpg

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  19. Hat and Rehat

Hat and Rehat One of the Regulars

That's really unfortunate. Is there a local market for it? Maybe you could get your money back with a little extra for another try. Have your friend inspect it stateside bnext time though.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

steur likes this.
  20. JessieJames

Maybe but I doubt I'd get my whole money's worth. I could try and see or try posting it on ebay even.
    I don't know if there are any return policies or anything with ebay or even my credit card.