Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Rockwater

A-List Customer
No, it has taper, it's just that I am not a good photographer.

I have a plaster cast of my head that I made with dental materials in my lab. It is an exact copy of the shape of my head, better than any conformer. I tried to duplicate the taper of the plaster cast in the wooden blocks by making a tracing of the top and bottom of the cast and asking the carpenters to duplicate the difference in perimeters between them. The forehead is almost straight, while my occipital area has more taper.
They have made 120 blocks for me, so by now they're experts.
8950c9628c677b1fe9167cb33219aec3.jpg
76960a2fcba8b9c8bc2ded9da7557ec9.jpg

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Very cool, you are the Maxman.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
I’ve also used Connolly Hide Care with great success. I use both and would have a hard time deciding which is better.
Connolly leather is legendary and some of the finest leather out there. I have a jacket of that hide. I suspect their product is very good too. It has lanolin in it which is outstanding. Pure Anhydrous Lanolin is about the ultimate. imho. Excellent for those special items but pricey.
B

Steinbockhase

Practically Family
No, it has taper, it's just that I am not a good photographer.

I have a plaster cast of my head that I made with dental materials in my lab. It is an exact copy of the shape of my head, better than any conformer. I tried to duplicate the taper of the plaster cast in the wooden blocks by making a tracing of the top and bottom of the cast and asking the carpenters to duplicate the difference in perimeters between them. The forehead is almost straight, while my occipital area has more taper.
They have made 120 blocks for me, so by now they're experts.
8950c9628c677b1fe9167cb33219aec3.jpg
76960a2fcba8b9c8bc2ded9da7557ec9.jpg

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

"exact copy of the shape of my head"

Ha ha ... really an exact copy?
So your head is as flat as Frankenstein :) ... just kidding

Last edited:

Hat and Rehat

Call Me a Cab
I believe they're more than a tool. They're symbolic, representing self sufficiency. Even if sometimes an illusion, men have historically sought to feel capable of defending their women, property and honor.
I recently read two histories of the duel. Gentlemen's Blood, by Barbara Holland, was the more enjoyable read. Men used to go out and slice each other with blades, or launch lead projectiles at one another all the time. Newspaper editors and politicians were particularly prone to it, and I wish they had not abandoned the practice.

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk
I didn't even mention that making fun of someone's hat was an excellent way to get your friends and their friends to the bargaining table, hashing out details like time, place and weapons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran