Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Inspired by Al's (Zombie_61) Dobbs' tweed trilby that he posted on the Dobbs' thread the other day, I wore this Borsalino this evening.
It's my Inspector Clouseau look [emoji4].
fba16fec88942b566dbc45f5aed31d67.jpg
6a8b97da9edef443556460ad3dd37d39.jpg
e549f4c4e775ae884085e725ff953aea.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Hat and Rehat

Call Me a Cab
Inspired by Al's (Zombie_61) Dobbs' tweed trilby that he posted on the Dobbs' thread the other day, I wore this Borsalino this evening.
It's my Inspector Clouseau look [emoji4].
fba16fec88942b566dbc45f5aed31d67.jpg
6a8b97da9edef443556460ad3dd37d39.jpg
e549f4c4e775ae884085e725ff953aea.jpg

Be careful around open windows, Steve.

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Thanks very much for the comments, guys.

Commanding hat. Great to see it again. Nice with your vest. Linen, raw silk maybe?

Thanks for noticing. The vest was just completed by a friend and co-worker of my wife in the costume shop. It's made from a piece of early 20th c. European linen (French or Belgian) that I bought on my travels over the summer. The other half is in Australia where it will be made into a cap by Keith Lo Bue.

vest2.jpg

vest3.jpg

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Thanks very much for the comments, guys.

Thanks for noticing. The vest was just completed by a friend and co-worker of my wife in the costume shop. It's made from a piece of early 20th c. European linen (French or Belgian) that I bought on my travels over the summer. The other half is in Australia where it will be made into a cap by Keith Lo Bue.

View attachment 183481

View attachment 183482
My jaw just dropped again. Can't wait to see the waistcoat / cap combi look, Alan.

maxglitz

New in Town
My self-imposed moratorium on hats failed recently while binge watching "Hell on Wheels" on Netflix. So many great close-up shots of the clothes. But it wasn't for a cowboy hat that my attempt failed. I kept seeing these great sack suits and derby hats, so I had to add another derby to my collection. Scala hats suit my taste and bank account and are surprisingly nice. Just got a "charcoal" as an option to my black derby. I'm not going to wear these just for festivals anymore. Getting braver. Ordered a dark gray tweed vest to go with it too.
Zoller-Hat-Charcoal-conversion.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
A glorious hat in every way, Eric.

Thanks Steve. I notice and appreciate how you thank most posters. You are a class act sir.

With the afternoon sun falling I have been reflecting on our dock while watching the lake reflect this early September evening changes. I chose to wear a Dobbs fedora.

i-crMmbMV-M.jpg

i-5TnB4hL-M.jpg

It is an "inky blue" felted fedora with a 30's crown. I share the celebration of the changes that September foretell and the glory of the 30-40's hat culture tonight.

i-qXBZF3Q-M.jpg

i-3bwdB2B-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24