Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Yes it very very nice. I have not fully committed myself to get rid of it. But I know I will very seldom wear it and for practical reasons I should let it go. An interesting thing about it is the color. The color name on the tag is the "N" word. In my mind I think that also dates the hat. I put it along the lines of Tom Sawyer, Uncle Tom's Cabin, etc...

Here are a few pictures of the labels. I have the middle letters of the "N" word blocked out in the picture but they are legible on the tag. And check out the union label. I love the "Be Just and Fear Not". It's a 7 1/8 UK which is a 7 1/4 US.

View attachment 139278 View attachment 139279 View attachment 139280 View attachment 139281 View attachment 139282

Wow, that’s crazy! I still get shocked by some of these types of historical relics, but with any luck we learn from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Dobbs Milan passed on to me by a kind fellow Lounger.

Merry Tuesday!
4c3b8ef219cb6e5ca2d14cb851163d60.jpg
136d5d0fbbb50a5d88b0086137215005.jpg
bc4847c7687ca77245dfa4c9f158c9df.jpg
96250bed88fc21a707517b089805063f.jpg
20a9e72bdf1059259b438a96400aed7e.jpg
72adb9d7194aa5a21b21e697fc7cc7c5.jpg

Perfect. What a gem! I wish the weather here was conducive for that kind of hat, but it seems we’ve turned the corner out here.

Two hat day, just like yesterday. That makes four hats.
Danubia
View attachment 139287
Barbisio
View attachment 139288
Borsalino Caffe
View attachment 139289
Caxton
View attachment 139290
All great hats Stefan. But that Caxton! Stunning!

Greetings All: and i do mean each and ever one of you.
Today.....the hat i’m wearing today is a hat so grand that words can’t describe it and no image can capture it.
It’s the hat of appreciation for all of you who so often share kind words. I owe you all so many thank you’s that i feel i have underserved you in the respect and admiration i have for this lounge family.
Often we overlook the value of friendship and family, as we daily take for granted so many things, only to be brought back quickly by a kind word or heartfelt comment so freely shared here.
Thank you all, for reminding me what’s important.
I hope you all can share in wearing this hat today with me.
Be well. Bowen
This hat fits like the best bespoke ever! So well said, my feelings on a daily basis.
Be well. Mike

Love the Everyman every time I see it. Classic.

Today is the powder vintage Blue Royal Deluxe for a beautiful day:D

IMG_7160_zpssrfiakoo.jpg

Cheers!:cool:
Love that color, the band is original I assume.

Adventurebilt today. Needed to switch it up.

81c95ab9ef01fe980aa3e9b33cefea77.jpg

Johnny
Perfect lines on that crown! Great hat for the snowy north lands Johnny.

I don't see any reason to let this one go. Not only do I see the chance of someone checking behind your hat's sweatband inconceivably rare, but on the off-chance that does happen that person would likely understand, assuming they understand their history. It's how that shade of brown was often described in catalogs and on tags at the time, I wouldn't attribute it to yesteryear's racism.
Well said Mondo. The use of the word in Europe had a totally different meaning, and not the stigma it had here. This has been a color term I've seen before.

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That's a snazzy one Johnny. If you don't mind me asking, what are the dimensions?

Ryan
Hat size: 7 1/2
Brim front/back 2 5/8”
Brim sides 2 1/2”
Crown front 4 5/8”
Crown back 4 1/2
Crown sides 5”
Mine is 7 1/2 LO

To compare my Federation III
Brim back/front 2 3/4”
Brim sides 2 5/8”
Crown front 4 5/8”
Crown back 4 1/2”
Crown sides 4 5/8”
Size 7 1/2

Hope that helps
Johnny

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
I don't see any reason to let this one go. Not only do I see the chance of someone checking behind your hat's sweatband inconceivably rare, but on the off-chance that does happen that person would likely understand, assuming they understand their history. It's how that shade of brown was often described in catalogs and on tags at the time, I wouldn't attribute it to yesteryear's racism.
He just doesn't like short brims

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
That is a beautiful hat, Daniele. Fantastic proportions and sweet raw brim.
Thanks Matt, hope to see you, here, more frequently

Excellent, Daniele. That one is a 10+.
Fruno, thanks and continues to be a constant presence on FL

Simply beautiful.
Thanks Stefan. For your Italian hats passion this is the only "true" Albertini in my collection

HOW do you do it, Daniele?!! Every hat is nicer than the last one! This may be the perfect brim width for you, in my opinion. Spectacular!!
Ciao Charlie e thanks. I appreciate your suggestion about the perfect brim, but you know I'm eclectic as are the Italian hatters ;)

Thanks to others loungers for all your likes

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here

I would not let it go because of the color name. I am not politically correct in the slightest. I would only pass it on because of the brim width. Like I said I go for wider brims now. I've owned this hat 11 months and this is only the 3rd time I've worn it because of the brim width. And It looks very similar to the other vintage browns I own.

Left to right, top to bottom:
  1. 50s Adam Executive with 2 1/2" brim
  2. 40/50s Borsalino with 2 3/4" brim
  3. 50s Dobbs Hanover Square with 2 3/4" brim
  4. 20/30s Gledhill with 2 3/8" brim (fedora in topic)
  5. 50s Knox Twenty with 2 5/8" brim (may be listing soon)
  6. 50s Knox Twenty with 2 3/4" brim
  7. 40/50s Stetson Royal with 2 1/2" brim (will probably be listing soon)
  8. 40 Stetson Royal DeLuxe with 3" brim (waiting on it to arrive - if I like this as much as I hope I will be selling the other Stetson)

Browns.jpg

Last edited:
Greetings All: and i do mean each and ever one of you.
Today.....the hat i’m wearing today is a hat so grand that words can’t describe it and no image can capture it.
It’s the hat of appreciation for all of you who so often share kind words. I owe you all so many thank you’s that i feel i have underserved you in the respect and admiration i have for this lounge family.
Often we overlook the value of friendship and family, as we daily take for granted so many things, only to be brought back quickly by a kind word or heartfelt comment so freely shared here.
Thank you all, for reminding me what’s important.
I hope you all can share in wearing this hat today with me.
Be well. Bowen
A wonderful sentiment, Bowen. Thanks for sharing that and it's a hat we should wear every day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy