Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Richard Morgan

One Too Many
Happy thanksgiving to my fellow U.S. based loungers.

Catching some last minute stragglers at the flower shop before heading over to my mom's. Helping Jack out with some Stetson 100 insert measurements, so I figured I'd just wear this one today too.

Be safe in all your pre and post holiday travels, everyone!

I’m glad that’s a size 7 and I don’t have to waste time wishing it was mine. Beautiful hat jlee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eyeofsauron

One of the Regulars
Stetson Temple, Mink. Pie and football, great combination.
9f3c8543535683762f5cb4c869ab36c0.jpg
977cff3681ea51a487317ca6986fe405.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Eyeofsauron

One of the Regulars
I always feel a little sad on Thanksgiving day in Mexico. Since it isn't a holiday here, my daughters have school or work, my patients expect me to be there for them, and my wife has stuff to do, since we aren't spending the day together.
My son lives in NY, and spends it with his girlfriend, so I am all alone.

Hmmmm. I think I will drown my sorrows in hats. [emoji22]

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
My first reaction was to just say Happy Thanksgiving, then I realized that it is just a holiday in the U.S. At least you're warmer, it's 10 degrees here.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Afternoon patients at the office. At least I got to wear my Flagship. I love this one. It is only the second time I wear it. Will all the excitement when I first got it, I hadn't even noticed the liner is embroidered.
9a44b3af2b95748add5499142707e1a0.jpg
be1aa70319ec17ed55adcec9e68a6301.jpg
5b494f2cd4dd1c60846077907c31665a.jpg

Beautiful! You wear this hat very well; it looks like it was made just for you. Maybe someday....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Happy thanksgiving to my fellow U.S. based loungers.

Catching some last minute stragglers at the flower shop before heading over to my mom's. Helping Jack out with some Stetson 100 insert measurements, so I figured I'd just wear this one today too.

Be safe in all your pre and post holiday travels, everyone!

Sooo nice!
I’d be wearing that every other day.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful! You wear this hat very well; it looks like it was made just for you. Maybe someday....

It feels as if it was, better even than when Ignacio conforms my other hats. I didn't have to do anything to it, not even clean it. It is very light as well. Perfect!

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Fully loaded "100" Jared. Beautiful hat! Glad it's yours.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Hell yeah!!

I’m glad that’s a size 7 and I don’t have to waste time wishing it was mine. Beautiful hat jlee

Sooo nice!
I’d be wearing that every other day.

thanks for the kind comments, gents. It was a real stroke of luck to get the complete 100 set for the price I paid. It's one of the stiffer 60's ones, but still finely finished. Special thanks to @mayserwegener for kindly sending me the Stetson initial badges some while back. It's just a bit of gild for the lily.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for your fedora shares of late sir. I am learning quite a bit about your beloved Italian and other European hats thru your very generous posts. Mostly after reading your posts I query up searches on the manufacturers and models and familiarize myself on the fedoras. Most interesting. Thanks. Eric -
Eric, thank you very much. My aim is to keep alive the immense tradition of Italian headwear presenting also those producers who have been important to strengthen the rise of the big brands. Having been the biggest hat producers in the world and probably we are still, it is interesting to see in the folds of anciente and modern production to find hats of quality or interest.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
The hat show has been amazing to see the past few days. I dug to the depths of the hat room and wore a couple that haven’t seen headwear in awhile.

First was this Kauffman Derby, I think very old, I remember there being a 1928 stamp on its box. Beautiful blocking and fit, and it is beginning to fray and come apart, so I treat it gingerly.

Second is a Wormser lords hat with a real cushy raw roll.

d7d73b305b5fdb459fb0836a1329a57b.jpg

659994589f0f3892e5b7a7f7457cc00d.jpg

842f5d3ec3d088ef55620f2b5958ce26.jpg

b6f38b70c778330e7825a5dade24f3f4.jpg

864797ac229dd791c3bc98c7da6ba02c.jpg

70017768afbb680f92c957415f9148ae.jpg

Here’s my thanksgiving dinner and family. Tumwater was behind the J.lohr, in the middle of a cleaning and recreasing.

7ccbda949a43859ba5b04e957faeda74.jpg

Winston Carter

Practically Family
Hey, disregard my earlier description. I now have a secret appraisal stating it was made in 1865, the first year of John Stetson’s operations. The printing on the sweat is 25 karat gold (yep, that’s 110% gold!) and it was custom made for a really famous person. Similar hats have sold for over $5,000.00, but you can have this incredibly high quality hat for only three payments of $499.00. But wait, if you act now I’ll throw in not one, not two, but three genuine horsehair hat brushes for free (you just have to cover the additional $99.00 shipping for each brush). Act now, operators are standing by.

Can you tell him I’m bored at my in-laws?

HELL YEAH !! That's a deal. Do you accept Pay Pal ?? :):)

Winston Carter

Practically Family
I bought one of the SRH Alaskans in .454 when they first came out. Brutal is the right word. It was also too heavy for a belt holster and it kept pulling my pants down. It wasn’t at all bad with .45 Colt, but then what’s the point? Recently I bought a GP-100 in .44 Special and sold my S&W 696 to a friend who admired it.

If the sun is right I can easily watch my .38 Spl bullets in flight. Punching paper and ringing gongs doesn’t take a lot of power and I found that I flinch more than I used to when shooting the big boomers.

I have owned 2 S & W Mod. 29 nickel plated with 8 3/8" barrels. With 240 grain ammo it is loud and kicks like a mule. Pachmayr grips help a lot.

Winston Carter

Practically Family
Now that must be a true friend! I was lucky enough to get a new "no-dash" years back on closeout before folks became interested in them, but they have become pretty sought-after since. It replaced a Charter Arms Bulldog Pug .44 Spl. that I had carried for years. What a neat little (relatively) carry gun for those of us who still prefer revolvers!
I have owned a Charter Arms 44 special. Nice gun and hardly has any recoil.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails