Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Today a hat among those bought in my "lucky" purchases of summer
2j0e6g2.jpg

Borsalino Qualità Superiore. Color is "Mirtillo" size is 59 cm. and is a new production
jr67lw.jpg

After so many rumors, false news and big lies on Borsalino, here is an example of modern production
23m0kgj.jpg

It is well understood that you must know how to choose, but I see with pleasure that a pair of hats from the 18-19 collection are fantastic and have a "good" price, even less than one of the many hatters now active
2z53z28.jpg

It came new and unworn along with two others
2i9m4c9.jpg

Have nice day. Thanks for your appreciation on the deep grey Flechet

Very nice hat, Daniele. You say that Borsalino is a recent production? It has an attractive crown, brim binding and stitching. Borsalino fedoras with bound edged brims are hard to come by in N. America. Does that particular hat have a model name? May I see the liner? I guess you can tell I just like that hat. I don’t always comment, but as a Borsalino fan I always enjoy your posted hats and supplemental information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just when I think your hatbands can't get any better! That is beautiful!

Thanks Ed!

Bob, a word of caution. Over time those Sterling silver and/or copper hatbands like that will cut a grove into the brim even when they fit tight, but especially when they fit loose.

I remembered your earlier warnings when putting it on last night Jack. It will only see occasional use (and that hat gets all sorts of hatbands plopped on it anyway so the rotation should extend the life).

Cool hat and lovely coat, Bob. Excellent combo.

Thanks Stefan! The Resistol 'Ten' fits pretty snug (being a 7-3/8) so was appropriate for the windy day.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Terry here the pictures of Borsalino with the shape of the Thirties View attachment 146129
It is a Borsalino hat made for the USA market in the fifties
View attachment 146130
As you see the brim are not so wide, but the crown is very high and with a particular shape
View attachment 146131
Take your inspiration especially for the crown-ribbon part, as long as you like it and be useful.
Hope it helps
Thank you, Daniele. That looks very nice. I like that. It might give me give me some ideas.

Wearing my Kevin McAndrew today. Brent asked me about the felt on this one, and I said I might be misremembering, but I thought it was about average, nothing special, and a little stiff. My memory was correct.
0311e69d134b2f7885e8f4cdfbe8ff34.jpg
9c4f4ba9eaf716354633055623cd1e44.jpg
564d40e04c0cd200e3dd201ce67e9a2d.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Thanks, Max. The liner is nice and the shape is great even if the felt is only average.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails