Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Yet another rainy day on tap so another day spent in the MSCD.

IMG_3849.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Collins & Fairbanks
collins fairbanks.jpg
That hat, with that trench coat, the tie, I tell you, if that was black & white you would look like a still promotion from a Film Noir movie.
Sombreros de Luca

fed hat.jpg
Have you ever thought of auditioning for the next Bond movie?
Another cool and damp Marathon morning.Have a great Thursday, Michael
blue hat.jpg
If you ever think that lid might need to be pensioned off, Michael. I'm a seven & three quarters.

Last edited:
Welcome home, Stefan. Nice hat and look for Dublin. Hope you had better luck with whiskies than you did finding hats. Then again, that would be impossible not to in Eire [emoji4]

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
Thanks, Steve. No trouble at all finding plenty of whiskies in Dublin. No a hat wearing city is Dublin; more caps there. Should have brought a nice double breasted wool coat with me I found that probably weighed more than a family car.

View attachment 166838
No hats to be found there? In the Pearse Lyons Distillery? Well your fine lid will do for a start. You do know the heritage of the place and that of the founder, Dr. Pearse Lyons. He would have graced the pages of this forum so well.
View attachment 166839
The man certainly knew his hats. Several shots of him wearing different hats throughout the tour. Nice whisky too; what's not to like?

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
A beautiful hat in a dangerous color. You look leaner, Daniele... perhaps the long walks are having good effect?!
Alan I look leaner (new word in my English dictionary) because I have to avoid some food. The order come from my gentle and smiling doctor. So I have no eyes and desires for some very "important" Italian food ;) The color does not matter
Gorgeous, Daniele. And worn with the usual panache. Wouldn't mind finding another one of those in my own size!
Stefan, as always we can do an exchange of hats we wish to have in our size. I have the list of the "smaller" went to Netherlands. At first place the Cervo Princeps :rolleyes:

OldStrummer

Practically Family
I haven't posted in a while, mostly because a) I've been addressing a health issue, b) I've been traveling a lot, and c) I have no new hats.

But a couple of weeks ago I was walking down the streets of downtown Chicago, and a fellow I passed commented, "Nice hat. Is it a Stetson?"

"Thanks. Yes it is."

This week, the same hat. You can guess where I am.
Stetson.jpg

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
I picked up this little number in Mexico City last weekend. Tardan has been selling hats in the same Plaza de la Constitución location since 1847. This one is a "natural fiber" straw. I also picked up a nice wool felt fedora that I'll post soon.

View attachment 166915 View attachment 166927 View attachment 166928
View attachment 166929
Hey, there’s another lounger in Mexico City that has “Some Hats”! Maybe he will sell you some.
Or...if you know the combinations to his hat safes...
Nice hat Nate.
B

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
I haven't posted in a while, mostly because a) I've been addressing a health issue, b) I've been traveling a lot, and c) I have no new hats.

But a couple of weeks ago I was walking down the streets of downtown Chicago, and a fellow I passed commented, "Nice hat. Is it a Stetson?"

"Thanks. Yes it is."

View attachment 166945
That is a very nice hat. The compliment was well deserved.
Welcome back to the Lounge. I hope you are well again.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

"Thanks. Yes it is."

View attachment 166945

Good to see you posting, Fred. You don’t have to have new hats to always be welcome here. Sorry to hear about the health issues...hope all is well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nate98

New in Town
Hey, there’s another lounger in Mexico City that has “Some Hats”! Maybe he will sell you some.
Or...if you know the combinations to his hat safes...
Nice hat Nate.
B

Thanks for the reference. I was just in MX for a long weekend vacation. I hang my hats in East TEXAS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21