Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Excellent mid-ribbon, sir. Looks nice.

I landed an excellent Mallory Nokabout this week. Aristocrat quality with the Cravanette water resistant treatment and a vapor varies behind the sweatband.
I believe it's late 50's but it is solid all the way; felt, ribbon, leather, lining AND stitching!
That's really nice because I've had some threads popping lately on more than one vintage hat. View attachment 209642 View attachment 209643 View attachment 209642 View attachment 209643 View attachment 209644

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Excellent Topper. Don't give up on us yet, Steve!

Thank you all for your replies to my troubles being a part of the FL. The issue is still not resolved. Seems I can "Like", but not quote and reply.

The internet and social media websites would soon have died out if this is how it had been back in the day. Too slow, too much hassle, not worth the trouble!

I'm still wondering what is the FL's beef with Tapatalk?

Hats off to you all, my friends - Steve

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Nice catch, Randall. That one looks like a keeper.

View attachment 209720 View attachment 209717 View attachment 209716 My new 40s Wormser. Finally got a dove gray hat. Been looking for one for many years. This one 7 3/8 LO and fits perfectly. It’s nice to not have to stretch one. Shrunk over time to fit me just right. The Seinfeld show calls it, “shrinkage” I’d buy all of my vintage hats in this size, if it didn’t cost an arm and a leg! This one: $140, which ties my highest purchase price of a 40s Mallory a few months ago.

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
View attachment 209720 View attachment 209717 View attachment 209716 My new 40s Wormser. Finally got a dove gray hat. Been looking for one for many years. This one 7 3/8 LO and fits perfectly. It’s nice to not have to stretch one. Shrunk over time to fit me just right. The Seinfeld show calls it, “shrinkage” I’d buy all of my vintage hats in this size, if it didn’t cost an arm and a leg! This one: $140, which ties my highest purchase price of a 40s Mallory a few months ago.

Beautiful Wormser Randall ! Dove Gray is a great color for sure.

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
20200130_170322~2.jpg
20200130_170439~2.jpg
20200130_170240~2.jpg

Yet one more hat I couldn't pass up but will never wear.

Well, I’m no expert in hat dating, that’s for sure, but can only guess from the onion skin liner tip and reedless sweat. Two things mostly found on forties, or earlier models. ‘Sides, I simply would rather think my $140 went to a better cause than just another 50s hat. So...let me have this one, Jim. LOL!

Have at it, LOL. Your reasons are as good as any. I just thought you might have some insight. Either way, it's a great hat.

Rumad

One Too Many
SMOKIN’. Love that one.

PanosChris

Practically Family

Wow, a wonderful Wormser Randall ! Felted brim edge too?

Wow, that’s a nice Wormser! Looks like your avatar hat? It certainly deserves special recognition.

Thanks, Randall, it is but those change periodically. I usually forget about this one unless someone else posts a Wormser or it’s a bright sunny day and my hands are clean. It all came together today. I also posted it to show some contrast with the liners compared to your recent find. Not a ton of info dating Wormser’s. They were sold from stand alone stores and not carried by other retailers, as far as I know. Your hat is certainly older than mine and a great grab as well.

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for positive comments on my new hat go out to Bowen, Hector, Rumad,Randy, Hagwood, Jim, Panos, Bama and most likely, Steve...if he could figure out how to post comments...LOL!
I can’t figure out how to post emojis on here anymore. Personally, I won’t really miss them. I also can’t figure out how to post pics in a PM. Oh well.
Maybe we can get Tapatalk back one day soon. I miss it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran