Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

quikrick

One Too Many
hRzAR9b.jpg
1YxRSQ0.jpg
EMksDyU.jpg
qXP9QFr.jpg
KBPliwk.jpg
tsjhcyZ.jpg

Santana Essential in Dark Steel. This is not the best quality hat/felt but still, you can't deny the style. AND that leather sweat. IIRC, i believe that Bowen @AbbaDatDeHat has a Santana similar to this.

Last edited:

TheGuitarFairy

Practically Family
Me, being a pork pie/telescoping/stingy brim lover, I love it. BEAUTIFUL!

I know this about you, Rick!
I've been having fun .. err .. porking/telescoping taller crowns than normally associated with that style .. sometimes combined with wider (flat) brims than you usually see. You see old pictures of guys doing kinda' the same so it's nothing new. I really dig how an Open Road looks done this way.

Last edited:
1D33364C-B336-4BB3-B12C-585E0CFF7100.jpeg

Dobbs Guild Edge
Brownish Grey with Lavender undertones
4 1/4 crown as shaped
2 inch pewter grosgrain ribbon
1 3/4 brim with guild edge

I love the color of this Dobbs Guild edge. It is a brownish grey that in some lights throws off some lavender or plum undertones. It has a cool little look to it. The oilskin liner says maybe 50s but the manufacturing tag says maybe 60s... so I’d guess late 50s early 60s

6074552B-C695-4407-BED5-7655A309C714.jpeg
50BFC755-E602-423D-8148-6F3FFC1BC5AC.jpeg
AF7E2079-304A-4299-9319-4B89A027324A.jpeg

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Those hats are great-- really digging the sombrero! What's the coat? It's awesome. I can never seem to find those in any version but grey or black.

Thanks, Jeff. I scored the plaid peacoat on eBay this past Fall for $40. I was looking for something for the oncoming cooler temps though not so cold that would warrant a full length winter overcoat. This has fit the bill nicely and almost is too warm. Wool body, sewn in vented faux fur liner, and the sleeves have thick quilted lining. I was extremely surprised by the overall weight when I received it.

Fox Knapp was the company, based out of Pennsylvania:
20210223_222554.jpg

There is a union tag but I haven't poked around enough to try to date it based on that tag. Can't say I've seen a plaid peacoat like this one before. As you said, usually navy/black/grey. I dig it that it's different. :)

(Champ Texan and other hats in the background)

The Shoe

One Too Many

Erehwon

One of the Regulars
Love it! I’ve been thinking about a Fed IV for a while now, but also starting to waver because I’m keen on a silverbelly, so have been considering the Campdraft instead.
To be honest, though, my next Akubra purchase will not be happening soon.
So, same here. So we have to fight for it! It would be so cool, if akubra had some of these pictures of the graphic on their timeline. Maybe they react. Even, if it is in a funny way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk