Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Edward

Bartender
The treatment on this Ukrainian 160 gram rabbit fur in silverbelly was well done. It was pounced quite a bit and the suede finish gives it a very light hand. The top and side venting with no liner make it nice and cool when I wear it to the beach.

View attachment 402524 View attachment 402525 View attachment 402526 View attachment 402527 View attachment 402528

Lovely hat - the venting is really nicely done. Is this a modern-production piece? (Asking because I'm leaning in the direction of a vented, unlined furfelt for that awkward, inbetweeny weather.... )

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
An excellent looking Morreton, Daniele. Nothing brings out the best qualities in velour than the light of the sun. Congrats.

Might it once have had a wider ribbon or is the higher ringmark perhaps due to stacking?
Thanks Steve, I was a little bit lazy and I had not brushed well the Morreton.
The high ringhark is due to the stackin

What a beautiful hat Daniele. Appears to match the weather.
Thanks Joe, your hats are more and more fabolous

Wow, that is something else. Super looking velour, Daniele. Fabulous find.
Ciao Stefan e grazie. It was a lucky find, but now I dedicated my time to choose the best of YOUR week parade

Daniele, Fantastic looking Morreton French Zephyr Velour! The close cropped Morreton Velour finish (JHS Seal Velour like) really shines in the sunlight.
Grazie Steve. I tried to be a competitor with yours, but I feel no more than a pupil

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Tirard GrandRaid Ceylon
IMG_3973.jpg
Ancora una volta vince la cappelleria Francese ;-)

The Shoe

One Too Many
It's been an Agnoulita couple of days. Yesterday, I wore my marine blue with burgundy ribbon and pleate box bow treatment

View attachment 402570

Today, it was the turn of my light grey with charcoal ribbon.

View attachment 402571

I've also enjoyed reading some of the old posts on the Agnoulita Hats thread. Some wonderful examples there. I can recommend it if you don't know it already.
That pleated box bow looks great. I love that colour combination…similar to @Rumad’s? Gannon - always a standout.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Lovely hat - the venting is really nicely done. Is this a modern-production piece? (Asking because I'm leaning in the direction of a vented, unlined furfelt for that awkward, inbetweeny weather.... )
I picked this up from @belfastboy:

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
It's been an Agnoulita couple of days. Yesterday, I wore my marine blue with burgundy ribbon and pleate box bow treatment

View attachment 402570

View attachment 402571

I've also enjoyed reading some of the old posts on the Agnoulita Hats thread. Some wonderful examples there. I can recommend it if you don't know it already.
Very nice, both!

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Your knowledge and collection far exceeds mine, Joe. You come up with some amazing hats.

View attachment 401780 View attachment 401781
Hopkins Genuine Panama
Fine weave - 5 3/8 crown
Black puggaree
Pencil curl brim - 2 1/2 to curl

This very cool fine weave Panama with pencil curl brim and sort of homburg stylings along with what would be my first boater came off a tip from @BobHufford I really like the styling of this hat and it is like no other straw I have. Among my finer weave Panama this one slips right in between the Muse and The Colonel in terms of weave. I’d like to work the brim some to see if I can get it to seat a little lower instead of curling even higher on top of the edge curl As you can see in the on head shots. I do believe though this one will be getting a lot of wear in the coming months. Thanks again Bob.

View attachment 401782 View attachment 401783 View attachment 401784 View attachment 401785 View attachment 401786 View attachment 401787 View attachment 401788

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
View attachment 401780 View attachment 401781
Hopkins Genuine Panama
Fine weave - 5 3/8 crown
Black puggaree
Pencil curl brim - 2 1/2 to curl

This very cool fine weave Panama with pencil curl brim and sort of homburg stylings along with what would be my first boater came off a tip from @BobHufford I really like the styling of this hat and it is like no other straw I have. Among my finer weave Panama this one slips right in between the Muse and The Colonel in terms of weave. I’d like to work the brim some to see if I can get it to seat a little lower instead of curling even higher on top of the edge curl As you can see in the on head shots. I do believe though this one will be getting a lot of wear in the coming months. Thanks again Bob.

View attachment 401782 View attachment 401783 View attachment 401784 View attachment 401785 View attachment 401786 View attachment 401787 View attachment 401788
Man, Joe, that straw makes you look distinguished and smooth.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Super Barbisio arrived last night between wind and rain.
Barbisio Taupé A4.jpg

Practically immaculate, it is one of the hats I most enjoyed buying with the new year.
Barbisio Taupé 7.jpg
The size is 59 cm. or 7 3/8 US is actually a bit tight.
Barbisio Taupé 4.jpg
As always with the Barbisio produced before 1980 there are small gems.
Barbisio Taupé A.jpg

This has a felt with a light fur of a remarkable softness. It is called on the paper label "Taupé", a French word meaning "long-haired felt". The color is "Argento" a classic combo with a medium gray and black ribbon
Barbisio Taupé 2.jpg
Have a nice day. Thanks for the like and compliments for your wonderful hats

View attachment 402570

View attachment 402571

The sun did improve your mood it seems, Steve. Good looking hats (and scarves and coats).

Ancora una volta vince la cappelleria Francese ;-)
Victoire! Merci, Daniele!

Tonak "Gazela" possibly mid 1950s. I found this hat back in 2013.

51884118706_13dff15837_h.jpg

51884776895_22341f3040_h.jpg

51883164452_cc68404894_h.jpg

51884197906_c61e88a9d8_h.jpg
Very nice, Steve. I like the fullness of the crown.

New arrival, a vintage unknown Champ fedora. Is this crown style what they call a porkpie? Needs a new feather and a bit of cleaning, but in nice condition. Love to hear any comments! View attachment 402655 View attachment 402656 View attachment 402657 View attachment 402658 View attachment 402659
It is to my eye. Nice hat.

Borsalino in Pesca finish in the color Mirtillo

View attachment 402716
O yes!

Yesterday's hats.

First, a modern Stetsonian in Tawny.

View attachment 402787 View attachment 402790 View attachment 402789

Later, a Knapp-Felt in black for a quick errand.

View attachment 402791 View attachment 402788
I like them both, but the Knapp is the easy winner.

Super Barbisio arrived last night between wind and rain.
View attachment 402800
Practically immaculate, it is one of the hats I most enjoyed buying with the new year.
View attachment 402801
The size is 59 cm. or 7 3/8 US is actually a bit tight.
View attachment 402802
As always with the Barbisio produced before 1980 there are small gems.
View attachment 402803
This has a felt with a light fur of a remarkable softness. It is called on the paper label "Taupé", a French word meaning "long-haired felt". The color is "Argento" a classic combo with a medium gray and black ribbon
View attachment 402804
Have a nice day. Thanks for the like and compliments for your wonderful hats
Cool find, Daniele. Nice classic look. I like the way the overwelt is done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred