Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
Dobbs Cross Country
A4992E30-66DD-438D-B4F3-AFA44D254F6E.jpeg

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
5BFE669D-9AF6-4784-9549-2FEC00DD7EAA.jpeg
Evening service in my mid 40s freshly restored Stetson Sport-Lite.
Lot numbers and store embossment were kept and slid behind the new sweatband.
Reorder tags were glue back to the crown and the old Stetson and name logo crudely sewn on. Not as good as I planned, but the old leather sweatband was in too bad of shape.
Even reused the liner tape to hold the cleaned, ironed and starched liner in place.
The old tape strips are just as sticky if you wet them.
61A1E7E4-58E8-4E77-A1C9-5BEB0A0B0CAC.jpeg
2C250ADE-D371-4539-9C30-D5327E48559B.jpeg
5783D661-8A5C-4EEE-8783-A05B01348A2C.jpeg

Last edited:

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up

Scooterz

Practically Family
Here’s an assortment of my recently worn. Stetson powder blue mode edge, Dennis Brooks’ black beaver, a couple of Hannah Hats flat caps, Baron Hats dark moss bowler, and a stingy Wormser I haven’t worn out in years, but have been enjoying lately.
Is that Dennis Brooks Black hat a vintage or is that a currently made hat?

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Another great job on a hat worth rescuing, Randall.
Thanks, Steve and @Mighty44 and @Blare.
I had just finished sewing on the bow then had to jump up, take pics and leave for services.
This rebuild was a major task, and I’m not happy about how I ended up sewing on the old sweatband patch.
Was going to inset it into the new band then sew it in, but the old brittle leather was too crunchy.

Last edited:

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
I took a few days off from the daily hat fair, focusing more on what has come to me in recent days from the domestic market.
Alpen 3.jpg
Today, first day of spring, I come back with a velour hat.
Alpen A1.jpg

It was made in Italy in Merano by Matthias Hutter with the typical Tyrolean finish and a cord as a hatband.
Alpen Interno.jpg
New and very nice velour I had it reinterpreted, new size and shape, by Penumbra Hat in the Netherlands
Alpen 4.jpg
It has changed the shape and the ribbon. The day lent itself to bringing out the sheen of the velour and its color
Alpen A2.jpg
Today I walk in the garden to see the almost flowered wisteria. In the next days some updates
Alpen 5.jpg

Good day everyone and congratulations on your hats.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
I took a few days off from the daily hat fair, focusing more on what has come to me in recent days from the domestic market.
View attachment 411929
Today, first day of spring, I come back with a velour hat.
View attachment 411930
It was made in Italy in Merano by Matthias Hutter with the typical Tyrolean finish and a cord as a hatband.
View attachment 411931
New and very nice velour I had it reinterpreted, new size and shape, by Penumbra Hat in the Netherlands
View attachment 411933
It has changed the shape and the ribbon. The day lent itself to bringing out the sheen of the velour and its color
View attachment 411934
Today I walk in the garden to see the almost flowered wisteria. In the next days some updates
View attachment 411938
Good day everyone and congratulations on your hats.
An excellent looking velour Daniele, from colour to shape to ribbon. Fleur just seems to get better and better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points