Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

GHT

I'll Lock Up
A green Barbisio today. One with nature! ;-)
View attachment 446045 View attachment 446046
Great shade of green, you wear it well. Green is my choice today too. Given my oversized cranium I tend to go for bespoke, that's hat language for, made to measure. The green in my hat is more prominent than pictured, I really should use the camera instead of the phone.
My wife made the shirt and trousers, the ladies at Gamble & Gunn made the hat, whilst Colin, of Colin Johnston Shoes, made the spectators.
Like the hat, the colour green on the shoes is lost to the phone's camera.
Green hat, pants and shirt 004.JPG Green hat, pants and shirt 005.JPG Green hat, pants and shirt 007.JPG

Pellie

One Too Many
Great shade of green, you wear it well. Green is my choice today too. Given my oversized cranium I tend to go for bespoke, that's hat language for, made to measure. The green in my hat is more prominent than pictured, I really should use the camera instead of the phone.
My wife made the shirt and trousers, the ladies at Gamble & Gunn made the hat, whilst Colin, of Colin Johnston Shoes, made the spectators.
View attachment 446057 View attachment 446058 View attachment 446060
Thanks. You wear green well too!!

An impressive line up as ever, but given that the temperature in your neck of the wood is around 32C that's about 90F in old money, there is only one choice.
View attachment 444639
Penumbra Panama. Fabulous hat, but in this heat, a corduroy jacket and a collar & tie.
Class or what?
Thank you, Robert!

Fitting for the Duke of Dalton! Gorgeous hat, Jim.

Thanks, Steve. No fight among the jury this week it seems.

A great parade, but that Mallory homburg really spoke to me.
It should: you're the one that got me that one! Fabulous hat.

Outstanding hat, Max.

Gotta agree with Brent here.
No pressure:) But a good choice! Thanks, Joe.

Gorgeous hat, Perry. The ribbon makes it stand out.

Back to work after five weeks off. Way too hot for felt but I had to try out my newest Wolfbrae! 100% beaver using FEPSA felt:

View attachment 445123 View attachment 445124 View attachment 445125
Very nice, Brent. I like the colour and the shallow flange on the brim.

Broke out the Lee Adventure today - sort of a beige/camel color.

Super thin, lightweight, but still with a wonderful feel to the felt. It has a very fine texture.

I'm not sure if all Lee Adventure hats are like this - but I'd love to get more in different colors. View attachment 445318
Beautiful hat. Looks good brim up.

Niiiiice!

A green Barbisio today. One with nature! ;-)
View attachment 446045 View attachment 446046
View attachment 446057 View attachment 446058 View attachment 446060
What's with the green hats all of a sudden. Have some consideration!;)

Borsalino Peluche (too warm for this hat, but I haven’t been able to wear it since it arrived).

View attachment 446110 View attachment 446111 View attachment 446112
That looks very good on you, Brent!

RBH

Bartender
Today at the 101st Birthday celebration for my wifes Grandmother.
I wore a Shantung Stetson straw.

My wifes Grandmother, The best Half and Himself
ZEGIeu.jpg

And with two of my grand kids!
l7Y0Ar.jpg

My wifes Grandmother loves my hats. She told me the story of when she was around 10 years old [It was during the time when all the bandits were robbing and stealing] and she and her older sister were playing in their rural country yard. A very very nice car went by their house.
Their part of ther road got very little traffic, especially a fancy car.
The driver was sharply dressed and had on a fedora.
She looked at her sister and said
'' Birdy I know who that was.''
""Who was it.'' Birdy ask.
""Why,,, that was Pretty Boy Floyd."" she said.

Pretty Boy Floyd had been on the radio news alot, she said she had him on her mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider