Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

After opening the box containing the recent Tonak production, I chose this brimmed hat
View attachment 463440
Felt is always the protagonist of Tonak hats production.
View attachment 463441
Here in medium brown version with "Antelope" finish and generous dimensions of the brims and a medium thick felt
View attachment 463442
As the one of yesterday has a "standard" shape and my intention was to reshape the hat by putting it in the hands of a hatter, we will see in the future what will happen
View attachment 463443
Meanwhile, you can see it on a gray day in the streets near the house, during a walk
View attachment 463444
Have a nice day and many thanks for your likes and appreciation.
Daniele, Great to see the Tonak's! They produce the finest Specialty finishes today. Also very high production quality.

Today a Stetson No.1 Quality from the factory store... mid to late 1930s.

110922_1.jpg

110922_2.jpg

110922_3.jpg

110922_4.jpg

A dirty old Portis ... with a new lease on life. A couple of spots still remain and it needs some steaming yet.

View attachment 463501

View attachment 463502

View attachment 463503

The above photos show the color better.

View attachment 463504

View attachment 463505
That is quite a save... nicely done.
Yet another beauty from your collection, Alan.

The way it swoops and curls are a joy to behold. Wonderful looking proportions, too.
Thanks Steve... the felt on this one is firm and it holds this shape well. It's a pleasure to wear.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Daniele, Great to see the Tonak's! They produce the finest Specialty finishes today. Also very high production quality.
Steve, thank you and once again I put a good word for Tonak.
They currently produce one of the best industrial hats on the market
Tonak Verdi 1.jpg

and I am surprised that no one has noticed the boater Verdi
Tonak Verdi 2.jpg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Here's another of my Whippet clone creations. If I'm not mistaken, Bob Hufford found this in a yard sale and gave it to me. It's a Resistol Stagecoach that was under a size 7. It was pretty moth eaten but I was able to save it and I turned it into a Whippet Longhair clone. I salvaged the ribbon and bow work and the brim binding from another hat and used it on this one. Of all the conversions I ever did, this one made the biggest transformation...

Before and after:
Resistol-Whippet-29-A.jpg

Resistol-Whippet-8-A.jpg

Resistol-Whippet-6-A.jpg

On the head:
Concept-Whippet-2-A.jpg

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
I took a census of the modern Tonaks who arrived in Verona over the last few years and I had forgotten about this
Ferro Tonak 5.jpg

A hat with a felt of medium consistency, formed with a machine and with a very interesting color.
Ferro Tonak A2.jpg
The color is "Ferro - Iron" according to my belief, (Tonak uses codex) and the felt finish is a simple short velour.
Ferro Tonak 2.jpg
As always, the proportions of the brim are generous and less those of the crown.
Ferro Tonak 6a.jpg
Finished with great care is another of the Tonaks that should be converted. The potential is all there.
Thanks for you likes and appreciations.
As always all my respect for the loungers for the everyday hats

Here's another of my Whippet clone creations. If I'm not mistaken, Bob Hufford found this in a yard sale and gave it to me. It's a Resistol Stagecoach that was under a size 7. It was pretty moth eaten but I was able to save it and I turned it into a Whippet Longhair clone. I salvaged the ribbon and bow work and the brim binding from another hat and used it on this one. Of all the conversions I ever did, this one made the biggest transformation...

Before and after:
Resistol-Whippet-29-A.jpg

Resistol-Whippet-8-A.jpg

Resistol-Whippet-6-A.jpg

On the head:
Concept-Whippet-2-A.jpg
That is amazing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails