Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

theartcoach

New in Town
This is a vintage late 80’s Stetson Rancher that I got on eBay. It is a little worn and has some spots that add character. I reshaped it to resemble the Tyler model I used to have. Flattened the brim and pinched and lowered the front crown.

Attachments

• E8C927BE-53C9-4B1F-BFC2-388763619B07.jpeg
    E8C927BE-53C9-4B1F-BFC2-388763619B07.jpeg
    801.2 KB · Views: 42
I’m glad it fits, Bob. What do you think of the hat and build quality?

My immediate impression is that it's a nice one Brent. It's a tad too big, but I made up the difference by wearing a bandana underneath. I might try padding it to see how that does. I'll report back on the dimensions and other details after it's "spa day" (or when I find time to steam and brush it more).

It also was advertised as green and appeared so in the auction photos. It may have been their indoor lighting, but I'm seeing brown. Maybe when we have more sunlight I'll amend that.

My immediate impression is that it's a nice one Brent. It's a tad too big, but I made up the difference by wearing a bandana underneath. I might try padding it to see how that does. I'll report back on the dimensions and other details after it's "spa day" (or when I find time to steam and brush it more).

It also was advertised as green and appeared so in the auction photos. It may have been their indoor lighting, but I'm seeing brown. Maybe when we have more sunlight I'll amend that.

Looking forward to reading more about it after the spa day :)
If it’s too big for you, I’ll try to think of someone who could be willing to do you a favor and take it off your hands ;)

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mayfair in Central London is just about the most expensive real estate in the UK, I say just about because there's a strip of coastline about a forty minute drive from where I live called Sandbanks. The property there is so expensive the place is dubbed Mayfair-on-Sea.
View attachment 464174
This is Compton Acres, Sandbanks. The doorway in the middle leads to various small businesses, including my tailor. This morning I collected a repaired suit, all those tables you see were packed with diners enjoying some rare sunshine after all the rain that we had.
My Gamble & Gunn hat seem to be attracting quite a bit of attention:
View attachment 464158
But my tailor appeared having seen me on his CCTV. He laughed when I said the hat is creating a stir.
"Your hat is fabulous," he said, "but what they are all looking at are those baggy trousers that Tina has so excellently crafted for you."
He wasn't wrong, as I was leaving a lady approached me, complimented me on my attire and said that she misses seeing men in such stylish hats. She, and the tailor, both made my day. You want to see those baggies? This is a hat thread, remember. Oh go on then:
View attachment 464156
If you noticed the hat colour difference well done you. The last photo is recycled,
but it's the best to show off the trousers.
And why did I mention Sandbanks? My tailor isn't cheap, then again his small showroom
comes at a Sandbanks premium price, but he is very good. I just wish he learned millinery
and while he was at it being a Cordwainer would be another favourable string to his bow.
Love those baggy trousers , spectators and sports coat! They compliment the hat perfectly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails