Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Mhatman; I bet the blue ensemble was eye catching. Cheers.
Cheers, Eric -
Well......I don't usually post these..."Name-tag Event" pictures....but here you go....
5_n ed.jpg

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Mhatman; I bet the blue ensemble was eye catching. Cheers.

Unlined Playboy heaven! Thanks for sharing.

Love the natural Gannon gills!

Snowman the Marathon stands tall in the gill world. Thanks for sharing.

Mike thanks for sharing hats from your mighty hat rack.

Terry; That appears grand. Even I would have a happy face wearing it. Cheers.

Bill you are sharp for services today. Your Flagship is topnotch.

Thanks sir.

You posts have me striving to dress better each day. Grand suit and hat combo.

The Wekony rules, but does not overshadow the jacket. Excellent jacket Perry.

Cheers, Eric -
Thank you Eric! I'd definitely strut around town, like I owned it, with one from your fine collection perched on top of my head!

GuitarGuy99

One of the Regulars
Black Strat Premier. When I first got it and steamed it, black dye dripped from it like black blood from a wound. Since then, I've steamed it a few more times and the bleeding has pretty much stopped. It's one of my favorites. I do love them all though. I have to say that so the others don't get jealous.

Attachments

• 20230403_134526.jpg
    20230403_134526.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 31
The hats of the week. Here we go.

Mayser Libelle View attachment 503813

Sools Fifth Avenue
View attachment 503814

Dublin
View attachment 503815

Brummel's
View attachment 503816

Willoughby Prince IV
View attachment 503817

Barbisio Lontra (trial run)
View attachment 503818

Mertés
View attachment 503819

Mossant Castor Hudson (after a trim)
View attachment 503820

Clarence
View attachment 503821

Brummel's
View attachment 503822

I’m not going to attempt to chose a favorite this week. Some great hats for sure. I/we look forward to the parade every week.

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
No idea Bill how you get a crown so high on a Flagship! Kinda your trademark.
What’s your secret?
B
5 1/2" open, 4 1/4" front, 3 3/4" back

I think it may be the way my wife holds the phone when taking the picture. She hold it kinda down with it tilted back a little. But I do tend to wear between 4 1/2” to 5” on the front. The Flagship is just slightly shorter.

9642F85E-65C0-4037-8CFE-0BF625EE0B3A.jpeg
3026FA1E-91C7-4C34-AE88-AA118B72A269.jpeg

Resistol - Beaver 15 - Medium Taupe
Beautiful Kitten Finish Medium Taupe felt
Approx 5 3/4 open crown - 5 1/8 as shaped
1 3/4 Antiqued Pewter Grosgrain Ribbon
2 5/8 brim with hand felted edge
Wind Trolley

Here is the first of two Resistol Beaver 15 in Kitten Finish that arrived off of much appreciated tips by @Randall Renshaw and @BobHufford . I have one other Resistol Beaver 15 Kitten Finish fedora from this era that came to me in nearly mint condition and remains one of my “special occasion” kind of hats. My experience with that hat led me to the conclusion that you do not want to pass these up when they come your way at a fair price.

Both of these hats arrived and appear to have been stored open crowned for some time and needed nothing more really than a brushing. As clean as they appeared.. I brushed out a huge cloud of dust that had accumulated in the felt. The felt is a beautiful light to medium taupe (grey/brown) that has an incredible hand to it and molds like soft butter. Just a fingertip guides the felt into shape but somehow remains very obedient. The antiqued pewter to medium brown grosgrain ribbon provides a beautiful contrast to the light colored felt and the generous 2 5/8 brim is finished (or should I say started) with a luxurious hand felted (Cavanagh) edge. Contrary to what I thought I saw in the sellers photos… the liner tip protector is in fact the oil skin variety as opposed to a clear plastic. A few tiny pin point blemishes here and there along with the size tag broken off are about the only imperfections on this hat.

Even though I remember my previous Resistol Beaver 15 to be quite special… I don’t remember the felt having quite the quality of this one. I Will have to pull that one out and compare soon.

I would put this Fifteen dollar hat up against any Twenty I have handled from Dobbs or Knox. No slouches in their own right. More than likely, I’d choose this hat quite handily.

97B2CA28-D72C-4DCC-B97F-AD4C1870B560.jpeg
FF83BE4C-AF19-482E-9724-A78776F345AD.jpeg
EE5A3235-846F-42F7-9035-054C651E750A.jpeg
47519AD7-417A-4F84-A780-AF84ADDED580.jpeg

Last edited:

Mighty44

One Too Many
Gorgeous!
View attachment 504347 View attachment 504348
Resistol - Beaver 15 - Medium Taupe
Beautiful Kitten Finish Medium Taupe felt
Approx 5 3/4 open crown - 5 1/8 as shaped
1 3/4 Antiqued Pewter Grosgrain Ribbon
2 5/8 brim with hand felted edge
Wind Trolley

Here is the first of two Resistol Beaver 15 in Kitten Finish that arrived off of much appreciated tips by @Randall Renshaw and @BobHufford . I have one other Resistol Beaver 15 Kitten Finish fedora from this era that came to me in nearly mint condition and remains one of my “special occasion” kind of hats. My experience with that hat led me to the conclusion that you do not want to pass these up when they come your way at a fair price.

Both of these hats arrived and appear to have been stored open crowned for some time and needed nothing more really than a brushing. As clean as they appeared.. I brushed out a huge cloud of dust that had accumulated in the felt. The felt is a beautiful light to medium taupe (grey/brown) that has an incredible hand to it and molds like soft butter. Just a fingertip guides the felt into shape but somehow remains very obedient. The antiqued pewter to medium brown grosgrain ribbon provides a beautiful contrast to the light colored felt and the generous 2 5/8 brim is finished (or should I say started) with a luxurious hand felted (Cavanagh) edge. Contrary to what I thought I saw in the sellers photos… the liner tip protector is in fact the oil skin variety as opposed to a clear plastic. A few tiny pin point blemishes here and there along with the size tag broken off are about the only imperfections on this hat.

Even though I remember my previous Resistol Beaver 15 to be quite special… I don’t remember the felt having quite the quality of this one. I Will have to pull that one out and compare soon.

I would put this Fifteen dollar hat up against any Twenty I have handled from Dobbs or Knox. No slouches in their own right. More than likely, I’d choose this hat quite handily.

View attachment 504349 View attachment 504350 View attachment 504351 View attachment 504352

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
I had my moments of doubt I'd ever see it again, but lo and behold! One of the grail hats, Bowen.
Hi Stefan:
Considering your unparalleled knowledge of all things Borsalino i can think of no higher praise. Thank you, very much appreciated.
Gorasgu is without question my favorite fedora model. They just have the proportions perfect in my mind and then all the different trims and finishes must confirm Borsalino agrees.
Definitely one of my top ten hats.
Bowen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21