Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

quikrick

One Too Many
IMG_6895 (1).jpeg

Late to post this pic. Me and querida went to the TRAIN concert in Napa a couple of Fridays ago. Had a blast! This pic was taken when they first came out after the break and people are still milling around...

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
I'm very envious of your nice looking Emerson, Jonathan.

Firstly, because I so would like a middle brim fold Panama. Secondly, because I so would like to have been able to wear a straw this summer. Sadly, the weather has been most inclement here in Northern Europe.
Thanks, Steve! Truth be told, our weather has been pretty wonky this year. The early spring was wet and we were 50% above average for rainfall. Then we went through a six week stretch where I could count on one hand how many days it rained. As such we then were in drought conditions. The last few weeks have been more "normal" and the deficit was reduced, but we've also had some bouts of severe weather too.

One storm had 2+" hail that did some damage to my wife's car, and last Friday we were hammered with 3.5" of rain in about 18 hours, with most of it falling in less than two hours. Had several tree limbs down too, so I've been cleaning up damage on my property this past week. Looks like there's potential for severe weather again this weekend so we'll see.

Wish I could wear this Emerson and my nicer straws some more, but the hat that's gotten the most use this summer has been my Sunbody.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Steve! Truth be told, our weather has been pretty wonky this year. The early spring was wet and we were 50% above average for rainfall. Then we went through a six week stretch where I could count on one hand how many days it rained. As such we then were in drought conditions. The last few weeks have been more "normal" and the deficit was reduced, but we've also had some bouts of severe weather too.

One storm had 2+" hail that did some damage to my wife's car, and last Friday we were hammered with 3.5" of rain in about 18 hours, with most of it falling in less than two hours. Had several tree limbs down too, so I've been cleaning up damage on my property this past week. Looks like there's potential for severe weather again this weekend so we'll see.

Wish I could wear this Emerson and my nicer straws some more, but the hat that's gotten the most use this summer has been my Sunbody.
Crazy times, crazy weather!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Work hours and the heat had me wearing only a couple brims this week.

A PHD.

i-bTJGBbB-M.jpg

i-t8GTH3b-M.jpg

A VS panama.

i-LF3sHBX-M.jpg

A Stetson Whippet (straw with a waterproof coating).

i-HzNM46p-M.jpg

i-kZ2jP3k-M.jpg

Saturday morning walkabout under the brim of a Portis Dixie.

i-DswhrVG-M.jpg

i-J93tZHH-M.jpg

Back home sipping a cold brew under a Knox fedora.

i-cpMdxbb-M.jpg

i-jQWB29N-M.jpg

Chores in a straw cap.

i-SP9bnBQ-M.jpg

i-P7KFqxg-M.jpg

Picked rasberries in a Pilgrim panama hat.

i-6nZHdwB-M.jpg

i-KWnKcxv-M.jpg

Headed to the grocery store and butcher shop in a Stetson Medalist.

i-mMprWkJ-M.jpg

i-jCTvzHH-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric. -

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
I’ve been home improving my health most of the week, but I did finally get out for a walkabout today.

I was missing my old faithful Stetson 3X. This is one of the largest hats I own and has been all the way around the world with me once. It started rapidly deteriorating in spring, 2021 in Malaysia and was the hat that made me reconsider traveling with vintage lids (causing a shift back to Akubras).

This early 50s 3-ply is super cool in the sun and has been in the closet since arriving home more than two years ago. So today’s walk was a sweet reunion.

(Sorry not more fashionably dressed - it’s dang hot out there!).
FB14146E-F659-4D0E-90F6-8ED5C4514B49.jpeg

98031C2F-D6EC-4F36-B298-A332670928EE.jpeg

A4A4F64C-95A3-434A-A31B-1B4223073B0D.jpeg

D215D141-88C0-4FC8-B9ED-E68D7BB2C603.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80