Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Gus Miller

20231012_102606_compress41.jpg
20231012_102607_compress7.jpg
20231012_102610_compress73.jpg

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Really sharp, Randall. Gonna lean toward…. Gu = Gorasgu ?
Dusted the 10x off today.

These 70s-era Stetsons get no love around the Lounge, but this is a great hat for what it is: super soft and super rugged. I think they stitched it with fishing wire.

If it weren’t so darn big, I’d definitely take it in the semi.

As things stand, this should probably be filed under “Hats I wear but not out of the house.”

Reluctantly, though. I reluctantly don’t wear it.

View attachment 551854
View attachment 551855
View attachment 551856
View attachment 551869
That’n looks to throw shade both literally and figuratively! Nice’n, Nate!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Good morning from a 36'f (3'c) start to the morning. A Stetson Whippet and wool jacket was just the ticket for a walkabout. Whippet Wednesday!

i-4bz9LBS-M.jpg

i-nNcBpTt-M.jpg

i-zT44RzN-M.jpg

Morning coffee under the brim of a Gannon Playboy.

i-2KKDfdP-M.jpg

i-QBPGqww-M.jpg

i-frSHzgs-M.jpg

i-TjZpS7t-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
Playboy.jpg

A beautiful hat Eric, and a beautiful colour too. It's such a striking photo, compliments to you.

blue grey blazer 001.JPG
My Esther Weis hat perfectly compliments this blazer. Originally I wore a darker, navy blue, same colour as the blazer's stripes but Tina suggested this hat.
Today has been rather busy, an unexpected, but quite welcome cueque in the mail meant a trip to the bank. Then I bought some grocery provisions, Tina thrust a shopping list in my hand as I was leaving.
Later, I called into my brother's place, he lives in the popular seaside town of Bournemouth. That was handy, after leaving his place I went to The Cumberland Hotel on Bournemouth's sea front and bought a couple of tickets for tomorrow's Great Gatsby themed, dinner dance. https://www.cumberlandbournemouth.c...ce-ratpack-band-followed-by-after-party-disco
A chance to wear the Zoot suit, no doubt Tina will look amazing. Here we are at a previous 1930's event.
camera 6 193.JPG camera 6 192.JPG

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
You'd be right at home in Fort Worth!

"The original Luskey's opened in 1919 as a dry goods store until the Luskey brothers noticed that the cowboys visiting the stockyards were looking for boots, hats, and durable ranch wear."

d89ad953cd07947edd4a940a13fbb2d0-800.jpg s-l1600 (18).jpg

Dusted the 10x off today.

These 70s-era Stetsons get no love around the Lounge, but this is a great hat for what it is: super soft and super rugged. I think they stitched it with fishing wire.

If it weren’t so darn big, I’d definitely take it in the semi.

As things stand, this should probably be filed under “Hats I wear but not out of the house.”

Reluctantly, though. I reluctantly don’t wear it.

View attachment 551854
View attachment 551855
View attachment 551856
View attachment 551869

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
You'd be right at home in Fort Worth!

"The original Luskey's opened in 1919 as a dry goods store until the Luskey brothers noticed that the cowboys visiting the stockyards were looking for boots, hats, and durable ranch wear."

View attachment 551924 View attachment 551925
Been there! Or at least, to the Stockyards. Parked the rig out the back of the furniture store and had a look around. There is a very nice custom hat shop right nearby. I believe the Luskey’s is now a Cavender’s?

Fantastic!

I had to log onto a separate device just to love this.

Any inside shot?

Not handy right now, but here's a link to some shots.

Been there! Or at least, to the Stockyards. Parked the rig out the back of the furniture store and had a look around. There is a very nice custom hat shop right nearby. I believe the Luskey’s is now a Cavender’s?

Next time you're at the FTW Stockyards, get yourself over to the H3 Ranch, have a fishbowl of Shiner and a chicken-fried steak. Good stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari