Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Probably more of a "Spring"-colored hat, but wearing a new-to-me Lamson Hubbard Pastel that I rescued from an antique mall. It's got a few bites and the ubiquitous green stain, but it's super-comfortable and I like it. Note the unusual band stitching on the outside of the hat-- is this normal???
View attachment 566230

Those are basting stitches meant to keep the ribbon in place post-manufacture. They were normally removed when the hat was sold, but pop up now and then.

Nice hat.

Probably more of a "Spring"-colored hat, but wearing a new-to-me Lamson Hubbard Pastel that I rescued from an antique mall. It's got a few bites and the ubiquitous green stain, but it's super-comfortable and I like it. Note the unusual band stitching on the outside of the hat-- is this normal???
View attachment 566230
Cool find. The stitches are there to prevent the ribbon from wrinkling when the hat is stacked. We call them basting stitches, which is technically wrong. Most of us leave them in when a hat still has them.
And I see the question was already answered.. doh.

Drzdave58

One of the Regulars
Sterkowski cap today.
IMG_3797.jpeg

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
As seems to happen all too often, I went diving into the boxes looking for a particular hat, only to open one and think, "When the heck did I buy this?!"

Canadian Premier Stetson; a Wanderer-type hat.

View attachment 566227 View attachment 566228 View attachment 566229 View attachment 566232 View attachment 566224 View attachment 566225

Not certain of the exact date of this hat, but I have it nailed down to sometime after Christ was born...

View attachment 566226
I love it when that happens, Jim. It was a nice buy no matter when you bought it.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Nice one!

As seems to happen all too often, I went diving into the boxes looking for a particular hat, only to open one and think, "When the heck did I buy this?!"

Canadian Premier Stetson; a Wanderer-type hat.

View attachment 566227 View attachment 566228 View attachment 566229 View attachment 566232 View attachment 566224 View attachment 566225

Not certain of the exact date of this hat, but I have it nailed down to sometime after Christ was born...

View attachment 566226

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
It is nice to go on those rescue missions from time to time! It was a cool and damp morning here today. Just the sort of weather for my recent $2.50 rescue, a Steven's Premier Quality. A few scuffs and stains and a few moth bites. While the hand is mid-range, the felt is very light and simply collapses in my fingers wherever I grab it.

I'm going almost opposite tomorrow with a Stetson 100.

View attachment 566230

20231202_152116.jpg 20231202_152155.jpg 20231202_152129.jpg 20231202_152226.jpg 20231202_152252.jpg

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
View attachment 566230
Looks good and appears to have a nice weight! Colors nice too.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Always great times with the mom's!

Finally stepped out from under the Mallory and into the Gannon for a rainy Saturday.

I will miss college football with my parents - we’ve watched every week together this season except one due to illness.

Here’s my mom and me (and the Gannon) following the SEC championship game today.
View attachment 566413

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
It's Sunday again, so here's this week's harvest. Here we go.

Berteil
View attachment 566471

Joseph E Ward
View attachment 566472

Carl Blum
View attachment 566473

Léon
View attachment 566474

Vanzina Cappello Vaso
View attachment 566475

Mossant Bleu Oxfort
View attachment 566476

Kohlndorfer
View attachment 566477

Délion
View attachment 566478

Dunn&Co
View attachment 566479
Looks like you started the week with rain and ended in sunshine. We have snow here.

All great hats as usual, Stefan. The Carl Blum still stands out though.

I choose the Berteil.
What’s the brim size on the Vanzina Cappello Vaso? I don’t recall seeing you in such a stingy hat.
Thanks, Gary. It has a 5cm brim. I have a few of those, but it depends on the hat how stingy they look. I prefer them wider though.

Looks like you started the week with rain and ended in sunshine. We have snow here.

All great hats as usual, Stefan. The Carl Blum still stands out though.
Thanks, Steve. After the wettest November ever it is unusually cold here for December with some snow predicted for this afternoon.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Steur11.jpg
The Berteil, so stylish, even in the rain.
steur12.jpg
That said, the Kohlndorfer is just a fabulous colour.
No quips this morning of the Germanic spelling of
Oxford, Stefan? Mossant Bleu Oxfort

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner