Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

The Shoe

One Too Many
Wearing the new Black Cherry Hornskov for a trip to Osaka & Kobe. Same hat tomorrow, so I’ll try to get some photos in natural light. For now, some pictures in our hotel room.
IMG_2312.jpeg
IMG_2311.jpeg
IMG_2310.jpeg

$JayJones50

New in Town
Good morning this is a Peter Bros bankers special 50 it’s been through hell and back ,
IMG_2352.jpeg
IMG_2350.jpeg
img_2352-jpeg.574437
it is a great hat ,mercury grade felt according to what I’ve read hoods made in Switzerland used to be on the sweatband ,a few moth chews . A trip to AB custom hatters in SD did the trick . She turned it into a pork pie replaced both bands and minimalized the damage . Alicia is an Awesome milliner. You will see more of her work soon in my collection .

Attachments

• IMG_2352.jpeg
    IMG_2352.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 309

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Another stingy for these last days of 2023.
Ticino Garda 3.jpg
The weather is grey, humid and not very wintry
Ticino Garda A.jpg
Charles Hatters - High Quality size 61 cm. or 7 in the old French size and 7 5/8 in the US.
Ticino Garda B.jpg
Twin brother in proportions and shape of the C.H. color "Bismuto" worn a few days ago.
This has a unique peculiarity: the color of the felt called "Ticino" (Lombard river) and the ribbon has the color "Garda" like the lake east of Verona.
Ticino Garda 6.jpg
The color is a dark gray with green reflections, in short it has the colors of the water of rivers and lakes in northern Italy.
I have never found other colors like this, except in some Borsalinos which have very difficult to define colours. "Morello" for example.
Ticino Garda 5.jpg
Thanks for your likes on Flechet Pilote - Caniche.
Congratulations for the fantastic parade of hats that I admire on the screen every day

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Good morning this is a Peter Bros bankers special 50 it’s been through hell and back , View attachment 574434 View attachment 574435
img_2352-jpeg.574437
it is a great hat ,mercury grade felt according to what I’ve read hoods made in Switzerland used to be on the sweatband ,a few moth chews . A trip to AB custom hatters in SD did the trick . She turned it into a pork pie replaced both bands and minimalized the damage . Alicia is an Awesome milliner. You will see more of her work soon in my collection .
I know just the guy who will like that one.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
I enjoyed some coffee udner the brim of a Knox Twenty. Glorious felt on this vintage fedora.

i-N7mhCb4-M.jpg

i-HtWkH7G-M.jpg

i-rMDLkwQ-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric. -
That deep green (it looks) Knox looks like the perfect hunting camp hat!

That is a sweet redo of a great old hat! Congrats.
Good morning this is a Peter Bros bankers special 50 it’s been through hell and back , View attachment 574434 View attachment 574435
img_2352-jpeg.574437

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
A semi-holiday day in a particular week between holidays and anniversaries.
SanRemo 5.jpg
I took the opportunity to take a walk in my studio, as well as storing hats :)
SanRemo A.jpg

I was accompanied by a "modern" G.B. Borsalino fu Lazzaro ready for the US market, size is 7 1/2, never arrived at its destination.
SanRemo 3.jpg
"SanRemo" type of hat and the color is "Dattero" and the finish is very accurate, the felt is of medium consistency and a little rebellious
SanRemo 2.jpg
Thank you very much for your likes yesterday regarding the Charles Hatters "Ticino"
Many compliments for your magnificent hats.
Have a nice day

$JayJones50

New in Town
Good morning everyone, this is a AB hatters custom Dick Tracy , this hat was originally going to be a hat for an older gentleman who wanted to read Curious George books to his future grandson while wearing a Gus creased yellow hat , unfortunately he passed before it was made . The blank sat in a box for many years until I was at Alicia’s shop a few months ago, picking up some rebuilds and asked her about making a Dick Tracy hat while I was looking through felt she brought out the blank , Instantly I thought about what it could be . After discussing the details a week later I got the text that it was ready . The following week when we picked it up , Alicia told us the story of the blanks original propose,That made it even more Beautiful. For me this is the best part of collecting hearing the stories if you’re lucky to hear them as well as giving these works of art a second chance.
Thank you for the opportunity to share.
Jay
IMG_2355.jpeg
IMG_2356.jpeg

IMG_2357.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy