Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Mighty44

One Too Many
WW
IMG_2157.jpeg

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Every time I open the box containing this type of hat I wonder whether to keep them or sell them
Sans Souci 6 Flechet.jpg
They are three French hat in melousine with a shape and finish to be worn with a black or charcoal gray coat while waiting in the foyer for the start of the show
Sans Souci 3 Flechet.jpg
Extremely elegant and with an unusual shape, they are a representation of a fashion accessory that is now neglected.
Sans Souci interno Flechet.jpg
Fléchet Qualité Superieure - Fabrication Spéciale, size 60 cm or 7 1/2 in the US. Qualité Sans Souci, the color is black. Arrived new from, some years ago from A. Meer in Strasbourg - France after many years of sleep on the shelf
Sans Souci 1b Flechet.jpg
Every time I have the temptation to sell some, then I like them too much, but perhaps some could go around the world to make some other "evening hats" enthusiast happy

An early (pre-WWI) American made hat. Hawes Von Gal must have been skilled in promotion - examples of their print advertisements are many and well preserved - but examples of their $3 hats are scarcely seen on the vintage market and soft hats like this one are rarer still. It is beautifully made and finished, though the long hair felt is somewhat rustic compared to Stetson hats of this period that I have had the good fortune to handle. The outdoor shot shows the color most accurately. I hope you enjoy seeing it.

030624_1.jpg
030624_11.jpg
030624_10.jpg
030624_4.jpg
030624_3.jpg
030624_5.jpg
030624_6.jpg
030624_7.jpg
030624_8.jpg
030624_9.jpg

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
A very special hat, Alan, thanks for sharing.

An early (pre-WWI) American made hat. Hawes Von Gal must have been skilled in promotion - examples of their print advertisements are many and well preserved - but examples of their $3 hats are scarcely seen on the vintage market and soft hats like this one are rarer still. It is beautifully made and finished, though the long hair felt is somewhat rustic compared to Stetson hats of this period that I have had the good fortune to handle. The outdoor shot shows the color most accurately. I hope you enjoy seeing it.

View attachment 597293 View attachment 597294 View attachment 597295 View attachment 597301 View attachment 597302 View attachment 597300 View attachment 597299 View attachment 597298 View attachment 597297 View attachment 597296

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Triple R Hattery Randall’s Restorations and Recreations. My first full custom from @Randall Renshaw This is pure nutria fur felt in the color playa (beach).

View attachment 597468 View attachment 597469 View attachment 597470 View attachment 597471 View attachment 597472 View attachment 597473 View attachment 597474 View attachment 597475
It's no surprise that you are pleased Brent, I admired Randall's work on your hat in the photos that you posted on his restoration thread. It's exquisite.

Green Blazer black trousers 003.JPG
Green Blazer black trousers 002.JPG

My life insurance company wants my medical renewed so I am off to the doctor's later. My bespoke Gamble & Gunn will have the receptionist smiling. The first time that I wore it to the doctor's surgery she asked what kind of hat it was. guessing that she had not heard of the Fedora I said: "A black one."

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Thank you for your likes on the hats shown these last few days.
M. Volga B.jpg
To keep wearing hats, considering that I don't often go to the source of supply, I brought home a box full of "forgets" :)
M. Volga 6.jpg
Today a Misto Borsalino. Sold in my town a few years ago.
M. Volga 5.jpg
Borsalino Qualità Extra Extra Superiore, the color is "M. Volga" and the type of ribbon, written in pen in red ink and "Foe 214" Unlined.
M. Volga 1.jpg

The size is 6 or 59 cm or 7 3/8 in the US. Remarkable is the felt which is finished with a short fur, in gray and shades like other Misto Borsalino. The ribbon is patterned with colors that reflect the colors of the felt.
Have a nice day and and continue with the daily hat parade

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner