Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is it you want more than anything...?

wedding belle

Familiar Face
my migraine to finally go away

3 days - I'm going quietky, but surely mad!!

Jovan - get looking for that new role - it's not good for anyone to dislake something that takes up so much of your time so much! Goodluck hunting - my thoughts are with you :)

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Ada Veen said:
You may be wishing on a star here! lol

Pretty much, but a girl's gotta have hope! ;)
I'm probably going to have to settle for a decent one who won't want my (future) firstborn in payment. lol

$ally

One Too Many
This could turn into a prayer circle or good vibe sending or whatever you all are into. Group positive thinking can't hurt our chances.

ValerieAmelia

Familiar Face
Jovan said:
A new job. :( I don't think it's good when I dread work every day and sometimes make up excuses not to go.

I want this too, I have never called in sick as much as I do here. I used to go to work sick as hell at all my other jobs, now if I am slightly tired I don't want to go. Maybe it's because I'm the ONLY one who helps customers here.

What I want more then anything right now...Chicago. I need to move now. Someone buy my house, I just want to finish school. Word of advice, don't buy a house and take on this much responsibility when you're young and have 456431645486 other responsibilities.

Jovan

Suspended
ValerieAmelia said:
I want this too, I have never called in sick as much as I do here. I used to go to work sick as hell at all my other jobs, now if I am slightly tired I don't want to go. Maybe it's because I'm the ONLY one who helps customers here.

What I want more then anything right now...Chicago. I need to move now. Someone buy my house, I just want to finish school. Word of advice, don't buy a house and take on this much responsibility when you're young and have 456431645486 other responsibilities.
I know just what you mean. I pretty much felt the same at TJ Maxx, though sometimes I couldn't blame them for working THERE as long as they have. I put in my two weeks yesterday, and started a job at a southwestern food place here tonight. It's actually not bad, and I make 75 cents an hour over what I did at TJ Maxx.

Now, I need a seasonal job to make ends meet before I go back to school!

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
$ally said:
Interesting, I was just listening to Leon Redbones version of "Shine On Harvest Moon"

Ahh, Redbone! Because of your mention, $ally, I've inserted his "Sugar" CD into the player. Love that voice of his! (I remember his version of "Frosty the Snowman.")

Back on topic:

I want to live in Sedona. . . .

Lee

. . . And have my photos hanging in the same gallery as my sister's paintings. :)

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Edward said:
One of my great regrets is that I didn't try to make it as a performer when I was younger. I would love to be able to be in a financially secure enough position that I could drop the day job and go for it now - hell, even if it meant being a "background artiste (extra) for the rest of my life. Just oncebefore I die I would dearly, dearly love to play the MC in Cabaret.

I must confess, Sir Edward, that from the very first post of yours that I'd read, I thought you were a performer. You most certainly are a character. :)

Lee

nyx

One of the Regulars
MrNewportCustom said:
I must confess, Sir Edward, that from the very first post of yours that I'd read, I thought you were a performer. You most certainly are a character. :)

Lee

I agree. And the MC in Cabaret...I'd fly to England to see it. I think I've already expressed my love for Joel Grey to you.

Edward

Bartender
Heh, thank-you, folks.... I definitely have the soul of a performer.... just alas not the day-job (evening job?) of one full-time! ;) I do tend to view my lectures as a performance of sorts..... not sure whether the students would agree!

Nyx, Joel Grey was great, though i think I'd probably be shooting for something a little darker, closer to James Dreyfuss's take on it in the West End (recently repalced by Julian Clary - not seen him yet). I've got a fair few ideas how I'd work it.... <<sigh>>.

wedding belle

Familiar Face
Edward

This is just a thought. I heard somewhere recently (might have been radio 4) that agencies that run extras are desperatley short of anyine older than about 22 yet younger than 50. Depending on your lecturing load (and of course your employer) it might be worth chatting to a couple, especially as your based in town.

Might be a way of having some fun doing what you love.

fatwoul

Practically Family
"I wish I was a little bit taller. I wish I was a baller. I wish I had a girl who looked good. I would call her. I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat and a '64 Impala."

Actually, I don't want any of those things. I don't want to be taller. I like being small and angry like Napoleon. I suck at sports. If I knew any good-looking women I'd much rather use them for my portfolio than actually talk to them. I'm allergic to cavie fur, and even if I did have a rabbit, I wouldn't want it in a hat, because I'm not a magician. I wouldn't want the animal to be armed either, because that would cause me restless nights. As for the car, I can't drive.

Right this second, what I really want is a Nikkor 85mm/1.4 AF-D. And for the 50mm/1.4 I already ordered to show up.

Oh, and I'd like the power to control time and so commit hideous crimes elsewhere without getting blamed for them. And no, I didn't pinch that off Heroes. I've wanted to be able to do that for years.

K

killertomata

fatwoul said:
I wouldn't want the animal to be armed either, because that would cause me restless nights.

As a house-rabbit keeper, I love that typo. Armed rabbits sound good to me. And dangerous. :p

What I want now... for this apartment fiasco to be solved, to be in a safe stable home with my boyfriend, so I can stop feeling paranoid about what's going to happen or not, and so that we can really start our life together. (Because I hope he will propose next year, and under current circumstances, it would be marred by the constant problems with the apartment owner.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner