Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is it you want more than anything...?

Edward

Bartender
wedding belle said:
This is just a thought. I heard somewhere recently (might have been radio 4) that agencies that run extras are desperatley short of anyine older than about 22 yet younger than 50. Depending on your lecturing load (and of course your employer) it might be worth chatting to a couple, especially as your based in town.

Might be a way of having some fun doing what you love.

I'm certainly considering it. I have done a very little bit of extras work before now.... it was definitely fun. :)

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
Appreciation

Appreciation!!!

I bust my hump at work (2nd shift Dep. Sheriff) and at home (Father of triplets), only to be told that I don't do enough (Home), or I get the shaft (work)...!!!!!

I took a huge chance and left a good job (Commercial Photographer), then I prayed for this job (Dep. Sheriff), so I could provide for my family and have better insurance, only to keep getting the $H!# knocked out of me from both corners of the ring!!

Back when I was a selfish youngman, I cared only for myself... Now when I start working toward the "big picture" and try to do what's right... :rage:

Other than that... a nice Model A Ford Tudor would be cool by me!!

fatwoul

Practically Family
killertomata said:
As a house-rabbit keeper, I love that typo...

What typo?

fatwoul said:
"I wish I was a little bit taller. I wish I was a baller. I wish I had a girl who looked good. I would call her. I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat and a '64 Impala."

The rabbit has a bat. The rabbit is armed with a bat. The rabbit is armed. It's spelled correctly. [huh]

Unless the hat is armed, which really doesn't make much sense, and wouldn't leave me sleepless since a hat really wouldn't be in much of a position to use the bat, a hat being an inanimate object and all.

K

killertomata

^Ah, I see, I read it wrong. I thought it was to say 'harmed', I blame the people who were making a racket on my roof at the time... :p Thank you for correcting me. :)

fatwoul

Practically Family
killertomata said:
...I thought it was to say 'harmed', I blame the people who were making a racket on my roof at the time...

I understand. The noise on your roof meant you mis-heard me. ;)

Are the people supposed to be there? Maybe you should call the police.

I guess the bat could be used to harm the rabbit, but only if I managed to take it off the rabbit first. The rabbit in my mind is too large and scary for me to fight with.

My sister's boyfriend is considering a house rabbit. Are they cool? Is there anything in particular you would advise someone considering one? PM me if you like, rather than us cluttering up this thread with more talk of rabbits.

K

killertomata

fatwoul said:
I understand. The noise on your roof meant you mis-heard me. ;)

What I want more than anything right now is for the contractors on my roof, in front of my home, as well as the giant maximum air compressor, scaffolding, and everything else to GO AWAY so I can hear myself think. I want the concrete hunks, the broken glass, and all of it to GO AWAY so I can sleep past 7:30 am in the morning.

I'll also blame the two hours sleep I got last night, and then get offline because I don't want to be online if I'm a mush brain right now.

But first I'll pm you a link or two about house rabbits.

fatwoul

Practically Family
killertomata said:
...But first I'll pm you a link or two about house rabbits.[/SIZE]

Thank you, that was much appreciated. Right now, I most of all want killertomata to go get some sleep.

Oh, and for zombies to swarm across the planet. I think I'd prefer a zombie-crisis-world to the normal one.

fatwoul

Practically Family
Forget ammo. Read the Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z. You need weapons that don't rely on ammunition. I have an axe, a crowbar and a pick-axe handle next to my bed. Seriously. :D

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
I want my tonsilitis to go away. And I want for things in my life to settle down and just be...peaceful. This has been a really awful year for us. I just need some quiet and maybe even a little boredom.

fatwoul said:
Forget ammo. Read the Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z. You need weapons that don't rely on ammunition. I have an axe, a crowbar and a pick-axe handle next to my bed. Seriously. :D
Ahh, but my good sir, you have yet to discover the joy of high-explosive rounds...:D

As for the thread's title and what I want more than anything right now? Peace on Earth, goodwill to men (the traditional holiday wish context, not being sexist), and the time for a long-overdue training session. Oh, and being somewhere warm for the winter would be nice, long as I'm pipe-dreaming...lol

fatwoul

Practically Family
Diamondback said:
Ahh, but my good sir, you have yet to discover the joy of high-explosive rounds...:D

OK now what I want more than anything is to dig out my Playstation and Resident Evil II. lol

Diamondback said:
...As for the thread's title and what I want more than anything right now? Peace on Earth, goodwill to men (the traditional holiday wish context, not being sexist), and the time for a long-overdue training session. Oh, and being somewhere warm for the winter would be nice, long as I'm pipe-dreaming...lol

katiemakeup said:
To have the strength to continue on this path of becoming the person I know I really am.

Glad to see this thread can carry on after my angry little interruption. As you were.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner