Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's on Top - Bras, panties, garter belts, slips, & stockings

TillyMilly

One of the Regulars
Thanks Girls

I'll check those stores out. I used to shop at M&S and I got some of my favourite lingerie there but i was put off by the fancier lingerie stores constantly rubbishing M&S.

I am trying to re-build my stock of lacy lingerie as I binned ALL of it a few years ago. It's a long story but it's about an ex-fiance convincing me that gentlemen don't actually like feminine things- before I realised HE wasn't into girls. ahem.

I know, I share too much :rolleyes:

MissHannah

One Too Many
I only wear vintage bras these days as none of the repro lines make my size and I currently only have 2 that fit and are comfortable enough for every day wear. One is mint green and the other is a dirty-looking off-yellow colour! My boyfriend is so past worrying about the things he sees me in when I am in states of undress though - pincurls, rollers, sleep nets, headscarves, mismatched underwear etc - he doesn't bat an eyelid any more!

TillyMilly

One of the Regulars
:eek:fftopic:

Not to drag this thing completly off topic but my new fella loves 'women'- which is just such a wonderful feeling (I know that must sound odd) It's almost a releif that he adores my vinatge and repro undies, even the frumpy old longline bras. I haven't tried sleeping in rollers yet- I'm not sure they'll go down as well though;)

I'm interested in trying pincurls but i was worried that the clips would dig into my scalp when I slept......and I don't sleep very well as it is.

ZombieGirl

One of the Regulars
Has anyone tried Dreamgirl lingerie? I'm checking out a bra and I'm wondering if it's quality or just cheap bedroom wear.

bellabella327

One of the Regulars
Hi ladies, I am looking for a pair of Cuban heel stockings, but have not had much luck. I am a plus size gal, and I have seen those that say 'queen' but they are not big enough. Any suggestions?

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
I don't know the sizing particulars, but you could always have a look at Sock Dreams. They have a dizzying selection of stockings and thigh-his, and I've gotten Cuban heels there. Free shipping too.

Eta: most of their products have little review notes on them, to tell you things like how the sizes run and such.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Secrets in Lace carries a line of stockings for curvy gals, but it doesn't look like they have cuban heeled ones in that line :-(

Annichen

Familiar Face
swinggal said:
Hi all,

I am making a 1930s dress and own a couple of original vintage ones that have very low backs. Now I'm a 37 inch bust (14C) so I cant really go bra-less. I did see a new bra online that doesn't have a back strap instead only has arm straps to hold it up but I could find it here in Australia for sale.

Does anyone have any ideas on what a girl with an to bigger bust can do? I bought some of those sticky paper type bust supports in my size but not sure how well they work and then you have to throw them away once used. What's the solution here? What did women in the day do I wonder as many of the long gowns of the 30s had plunging backs.

This is a ad from 1935 for a backless bra:

brassiere.jpg

I think it would be easy to make something similar using this:

22256850.jpg

And adding straps like on the brassiere from the 30s.

:)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Annichen said:
This is a ad from 1935 for a backless bra:

brassiere.jpg

I think it would be easy to make something similar using this:

22256850.jpg

And adding straps like on the brassiere from the 30s.

The bra shown in the 2nd picture is apparently not very good, and especially poorly suited for ladies with larger busts. I like the idea of adding the back strap, but how would one make it so it didn't ride up?

edit: what's up with the shape of her butt in the ad? lol

Annichen

Familiar Face
KittyT said:
The bra shown in the 2nd picture is apparently not very good, and especially poorly suited for ladies with larger busts. I like the idea of adding the back strap, but how would one make it so it didn't ride up?

edit: what's up with the shape of her butt in the ad? lol

It says in the ad that it has a fastener that you hook to the corset/girdle.
One can obviously just use any bra, just remove the strap around the waist, add straps like in the ad with fasteners from the bra and then add the hooks on a girdle..voila!

Edit-

About the butt, I must quote Jessica Rabbit: "I'm just drawn that way..." :D

LoserVonTeese

Familiar Face
did gind a thread so What to do about Panties and garters

Ok so Do you wear your panties under your garters or over? which is easier? I'm curious... :rolleyes:

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
LoserVonTeese said:
Ok so Do you wear your panties under your garters or over? which is easier? I'm curious... :rolleyes:

I concur, over is far, far easier for going to the loo, etc. But under looks better if one is going to show their significant other. I hate hiding the garter belt under knickers...even if it makes things more complicated. ;0
X
BD

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
There's been a lot of discussion on this topic throughout this thread. I think most gals concur that over is definitely easier (and more historically correct, if you care about that sort of thing).

And I actually disagree that wearing them under is more pleasing to your significant other. There's nothing he'll like more than you still having your garters and stockings on after the rest has come off!

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
KittyT said:
There's been a lot of discussion on this topic throughout this thread. I think most gals concur that over is definitely easier (and more historically correct, if you care about that sort of thing).

And I actually disagree that wearing them under is more pleasing to your significant other. There's nothing he'll like more than you still having your garters and stockings on after the rest has come off!

Woooo! ;0 Very true Kitty! Truth be told, it's my preference, not my significant others!

Jasmine Jolene

One of the Regulars
KittyT said:

lol i agree with you Kitty! and i personally don't like the look of knickers under garters - it doesn't make sense to me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21