Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where did your user name come from??

Taz-man

Familiar Face
Mine is because I really like "Taz". He was my favorite all through childhood. He still is, what can I say, I am just a kid at heart.

pineapplefruitcake

One of the Regulars
Mine is because I was sitting down to tea eating some pineapple fruitcake fresh from the oven when I was joining and I thought that nothing in life could be better :) - I'm also just a little pinch of crazy !

This will make you laugh but a name that I had originally considered using was Go 1949! because when I was casting about for a user name my keys were sitting on my desk and one of them bears the number G01949. lol

MikeKardec

One Too Many
I wrote a short story (sort of ghost rewrote a short story, actually), then produced a cable film, then directed an audio drama where the hero was Mike Kardec ... sheesh, it was like the story that wouldn't die. It takes place in the 1950s so it seemed appropriate here.

Roving_Bohemian

One of the Regulars
ROVING
1: A. not restricted as to location or area of concern B. capable of being shifted from place to place (mobile)
2: inclined to ramble or stray <a roving fancy>

Bohemian
1: vagabond, wanderer; especially like a gypsy
2: a person (as a writer or an artist) living an unconventional life

I read old books... ;) One of my favourite short stories, believe it or not, is by Louisa May Alcott, titled The Baron's Gloves.

I travel a decent amount (in the last 14 years< 26 states/21 countries, 12 moves) so, "Roving" comes naturally...

I also read a lot of G. A. Henty's books growing up, and "Public Enemies" is one of my favourite Johnny Depp movies, so Bohemian sounded good. (taken more from "Little Bohemia" than the actual area of Europe once known as "Bohemia", but influenced by both)

Last edited:

m0nk

One Too Many
About 10 years ago I worked for one of the big 3 Internet Service Providers and because I always drank tea, practiced kung fu, and stayed calm amid constant change, one of my coworkers called me a monk. It stuck, and while monk is commonly used everywhere, m0nk (with a zero instead of an o) is not.

BigFitz

Practically Family
Ever since I heard Gordon Lightfoot's "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" when I was 10, I've been fascinated by the tragedy. I've read several books about it and learned that the Fitz was called several names on the Great lakes. The one I liked best was BigFitz.

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
It's not easy coming up with an appropriate moniker on the spur of the moment. The best I could do was combine the names of 2 steam cars from the twenties. Inspired by Jordan Baker, Fitzgerald's character also named after 2 makes of cars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21