Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where did your user name come from??

Cicero

A-List Customer
My user name "Cicero", came from the book I Was Cicero (A Turkish Spy for the Nazis in Ww2).
When i needed a username my eye felt on the book, and the rest is history!

So it's not directly from the more famous Marcus Tullius Cicero. :)

Lights

Familiar Face
I would like to have some neat story about my username, like I'm such a good person that I bring a cheerful light to everything I do, but actually I was in need of a username when I first signed up on eBay and everything clever seemed to be taken so I looked at my cigarette box and bingo a username was born LIGHTS. I quit smoking 3 years ago.

The Inspector

One of the Regulars
Eh, well Im very good at making up stories and could have easily made up a different username then the one I have now. But I choose this one because it relates to me, I came up with my title long ago because I was interested in solving problems in school when I was a bit younger than I am at the moment. So people started telling me I was an inspector, making sure everything worked with their neat little gadgets, toys, relationships ect... So thats where I have come to love it. Whats also funny is that sometimes people get my "title" messed up and sometimes call me professor, spectator, the list goes on.

PoohBang

Suspended
I sent away for mine. It took six weeks for delivery and only cost three easy payments of $19.99!
I also got another user name with it for free, plus a steak knife set.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Every time I go to Ireland I come back with another new blackthorn stick, so now I have a small collection of them. I have always thought they were a cool ethnic symbol of my heritage, so....

Last edited:

Bugguy

Practically Family
I would handle all the school programs involving insects - butterflies, dragons and damsels, and all misc. invertebrates while working as a naturalist with the Wisconsin state parks. The kids started calling me Bugguy - it stuck.

Propeller Planes

New in Town
I have an interest in classic aircraft, all of which are the epitome of that era. The likes of planes like the DC-3, Lockheed Constellation, Piper Cub, Tiger Moth, Cessna 195, all are Propeller Planes! :)

Flicka

One Too Many
I use 'Flicka' on most boards. First, I'm a Swedish girl and 'girl' in Swedish is 'flicka'. Second, I loved the Flicka books as a child. Thirdly, Felicia is part of my pen name and Flicka works as a nickname for Felicia (though I prefer Flick or Fliss). So it works well for me!

bulldog1935

Suspended
I collect and fish vintage cane rods and matching reels, and am an historian of vintage reels.
I have a bit of a reputation repairing vintage reels, and receive them from all over the world.
http://bulldog1935.u.yuku.com/
The bulldog is the Pflueger trademark, and on their history website, 1935 is the manufacturing date they randomly give to reels made before the war (they refer history queries to collectors - they vaguely know their own history, plus they merely import and distribute from offshore anymore)
aP7050087.jpg

1918 ad below, and the Leonard Fairy Catskill rod above was made between 1915 and 1930
booksidLUcZAQAAIAAJpgPA168-IA1img1zoom3hlensigACfU3U1E0oM_CRm5b-OaehY61Y06Q1seGQci42C122C9902C1390edge0-1.jpg

Last edited:

Flash

Familiar Face
Flash comes from high school. I played ice hockey there as a golie. During one match coach pulled me out from a goal to play a power play at the end of the match. I was so quick at the player`s bench that coach started to call me Flash (from Flash Gordon movie). Next morning at the training everybody called me "Flash" then at the university and it remains till now. Now a days almost everybody call me Flash :)

friskojack

New in Town
I'm pretending to be the hero of the hardboiled detective novella that I've been tinkering with for the past couple of years. I know this great little spot over on Ellis. Meet me there tonight, about 8:00, and I'll tell you all about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21